Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:02am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Episode 5 Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Episode 5 Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Episode 5 Discussion  (Read 3256 times)
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Episode 5 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now, now, children. We're here to discuss the race. We can always disagree with someone without personally attacking/addressing the person. Who cares if Popo is pissed off with life? (lol) This is the TAR Asia forum, guys.

Please get back on topic! Thanks!
IP Logged
moon_74
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 2:33pm »

Popo,

Yes. I have a problem with your derogratory comments about Indians. The Indian models lost out on this race because of their ignorance..there is nothing sore about it. Everybody is entitled to their views but to denounce them shows ones character. They were strong competitors and lost out on a costly mistake.

If one of the Singapore teams lost out then would you tolerate such comments. There are better places to vent out your anger than on this public forum. DUH !!
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2006, 2:35pm by moon_74 » IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 3:20pm »

on Dec 11th, 2006, 2:33pm, moon_74 wrote:
Popo,

Yes. I have a problem with your derogratory comments about Indians.

Ok, I would have removed your post because of your complete disregard to my warning, but since you want to pull the racist card here, I'll give my opinion.

IMO, Popo did not make derogratory comments about Indians.  

Popo's post #1: "So glad the Indian Models made a stupid mistake. I didn't like them anyway." -- He was discussing about the Indian models, NOT Indians in general.

Popo's post #2: "Take it or leave it, if you didn't realize, there are more supporters for Team Singapore than Team India. DUH!" -- he's just saying he thinks Team Singapore has more fan base here than Team India. No racist comments there either, it's all his opinions about the teams.

Popo's post #3: "Sahil and Prashant totally suck. Sore losers!" -- Again, not a racist comment about Indians, but about the models forgetting the rules. And it's his opinion that they (the model teams, not Indians) are sore losers.

Popo's post #4: "Besides, Sahil and Prashant are/were/will always be sore losers, and i'm not the only one who have mentioned that so far." -- Again, I don't see any derogatory remarks about Indians there.

If you have a problem with my explanation, send me a PM. Here's a link to send me a private message: http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=imsend;to=j ezzieflanigan

If you have a problem with Popo, send him a PM:
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=imsend;to=P orepore

Now get back on topic. That includes you Popo.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 7:36pm »

JP, that is what makes you a good moderator. Grin

Yes, Sahil and Prashant are probably the worst losers of this race i've ever seen. (I'm discussing about Episode 5)

Did anyone saw one of them mouthed the "f" word when Allan Wu told them they have broken the rules? And when they were eliminated they were like "That's it"? *whatever*

I've never liked them in the first place and never will. I've never seen more atrocious behaviour than any eliminated teams before.

JP, sorry but i'm just going to snap back at moon_74 once -
Singapore, the country i'm living in, is a multi-racial country. I am interacting with not only Chinese, but also Indians and Malays everyday, and NO, i do not have a problem with any races at all. But if you have a problem with me, you can always do the PM function and throw whatever words you want at me, since i can already sense your hostility towards me. So, whatever.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2006, 7:36pm by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 7:49pm »

Quote:
There are better places to vent out your anger than on this public forum. DUH !!

From what i've seen, you're the one venting anger at this forum. Like I said, everyone can have their own opinion here. Not everyone is going to like the same team. Race doesn't have anything to do with it.

(sorry for bringing this up again JP but i had to say something.)
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
moon_74
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:43am »

With all due respects to the moderators I was not venting out my anger but just pointing out what I felt about Popo's previous posts. I don't want to argue or send PM's so lets close the topic here...  

I am a well wisher for the Indian team and unfortunately they lost out in the race. Lets wait and see how the teams from Singapore does and I will voice my opinion then.

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 7:47pm »

Go ahead. No one's stopping you from voicing your golden opinions. I'll like to hear what you've got to say about 2 perservering female in the team who wants to stay in the race so badly to win..

Rather than the indial model teams who wanted to stay on the race so that they can showoff to the other girls that they were on the race and probably won. (they said it in one episode)
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
SethBrett
ForumsNet Member
Thailand 

Sawadee Pimai~!!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 12:18am »

on Dec 11th, 2006, 7:36pm, Popo wrote:
Yes, Sahil and Prashant are probably the worst losers of this race i've ever seen. (I'm discussing about Episode 5)

Did anyone saw one of them mouthed the "f" word when Allan Wu told them they have broken the rules? And when they were eliminated they were like "That's it"? *whatever*

I've never liked them in the first place and never will. I've never seen more atrocious behaviour than any eliminated teams before.

You're not the only one who thought so - even I have to concur with that.

Yes, I've also noticed that they spewed that F-word at Allen, and that what makes me dislike them even more than I already did. I've also noticed how miffed and stern, the way Allen looked at them.  Angry
IP Logged

more day to 2007~!!
wgal
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 1:36am »

Well, Allan Wu looks sternly at every team  Lips Sealed
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 8:16am »

No, Allan Wu looked a bit sympathetic towards Sharon/Melody as if they were eliminated, that's why Melody cried on the spot.

When Sahil/Prashant said So that's it, Allan Wu totally just replied "Yes, that's it"!

You gotta love him for treating those losers with no respect! Grin
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 8:28am »

Latest interview from out local 8-days magazine -

8 DAYS: You hitched rides when you weren't supposed to, and incurred a one-hour penalty which got you eliminated, that must suck.

Prashant: We thought it was very very unfair, and we were completely shocked. We made a mistake, and it was a very extreme punishment for something so trivial. The clue said: "Make your way there." It didn't say how. We could have gone there on skateboards. We took rides from old ladies - We thought it was great for television.

Popo: Since when is taking rides from old ladies good from television? You broke a rule stated clearly in the rule book and should accept cordial punishment for it.

8 DAYS: The rule state that you're not supposed to hitch rides in private cars.

Sahil: The rule book was four inches thick. To be absolute honest, we don't remember any such rule. When we were in Malaysia, there was a delay in our visa, so we missed the rule briefing session. And the thing is we did the same thing in Australia - We accepted a ride from a park ranger and no one said anything.

Popo: Firstly, it's your own problem if other teams remembered the rule and you don't. If other teams got through the four inches thick rule book, why can't you? Why don't they just own up to their mistake and stop blaming the fault onto others. Besides, a park ranger's vehicle isn't really private.

8 DAYS: Do you really think your performance debunked dumb model stereotype?

Popo: Absolutely without a doubt.

Prashant: The stereotype that models are dumb is crap. It's outdated.

Popo: But it applies to you!

8 DAYS: Are you guys still modelling?

Now we go to shoots, and in between we read and watch stuff. As for our careers, Sahil is doing well in modelling, and i've just been offered a lead role in a big movie with Amitabh Bachchan called Sholay.

8 DAYS: We look forward to seeing you on our screens. You mentioned that other teams will be rejoicing now you're out!

Prashant: Of course! They probably had party, where they had alcohol for the first time since the race started. We were the biggest threat to other competitors.

Popo: Yaa right. So much so for being a threat and being the third team out. Two words to sum up this team - "Sore losers".

P.S. Sorry i had to add my comments in, but i was all with fiery of their arrogant attitude in this report. Angry
IP Logged

moon_74
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 9:59am »

Oh..plz gimme a break here.. every team in TAR Asia wants to win the race badly otherwise they would not have gone thru' the drills of qualifying for the race. So please don't give your own theories.... If they had said that they want to impress the gals then so be it... how does it pinch u..jeeez !!

Personally I have nothing against the other teams and may the best team win. If the all female team from Singapore screw up and lose I will voice my golden opinions..  

My 2 cents..

on Dec 12th, 2006, 7:47pm, Popo wrote:
Go ahead. No one's stopping you from voicing your golden opinions. I'll like to hear what you've got to say about 2 perservering female in the team who wants to stay in the race so badly to win..

Rather than the indial model teams who wanted to stay on the race so that they can showoff to the other girls that they were on the race and probably won. (they said it in one episode)

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 10:07am »

Suits you. Grin

At least they lasted longer than those 2 losers.
IP Logged

moon_74
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 10:47am »

There will be only 1 winner in this race and rest all are losers...   Grin

It might sound philosophical but it matters what they do in life than a race... and personally I don't think they are losers bcos they have made a niche in the Indian modeling industry otherwise they wud not have got a break in one of the big budget movies in Bollywood.  

They are going to be millionaires in a matter of time which tells me that they are pretty successful in wat they are doing...  Smiley

on Dec 13th, 2006, 10:07am, Popo wrote:
Suits you. Grin

At least they lasted longer than those 2 losers.

IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 10:55am »

Quote:
And the thing is we did the same thing in Australia - We accepted a ride from a park ranger and no one said anything.

This is interesting. I wonder if vehicles owned by a big company, or by a place rented by TAR, are considered "public". Maybe the park was owned by the government, so it's a "public" vehicle?
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.