Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:43am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA 2 - EPISODE 10 DISCUSSION »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA 2 - EPISODE 10 DISCUSSION
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA 2 - EPISODE 10 DISCUSSION  (Read 4441 times)
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

Re: TARA 2 - EPISODE 10 DISCUSSION
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 7:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

An all female final 3 would be cool to see. I doubt it'll happen though, Marc/Rovilson and Adrian/Collin are too strong. YAY for Adrian/Collin finally beating M/R though Cheesy
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
eragonDK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Dustin and Luke Seltzer

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 8:14am »

just one time... then back to normal :laff:
IP Logged

American Idol: Brooke, David, Ramiele
http://www.wiki-site.com/index.php/Eragon_Amazing_Race_Main_Page
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 4:52pm »

Yea, sadly. Tongue
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Dikay
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 5:13pm »

Well, episode 10:  

I would describe it as suspenseful (exciting) in the sense that positions change several times ... and its quite unusual to see M/R way behind (lol). Though we know from the very start that A/C will win the leg.

However, i find it a very short leg. A good design but not one of the best designed legs in my list. But definitely not one of the worst too: so its just FAIR.

My thoughts:

1. 4 NELs is too much, 3 is even too many. Maybe its better to just have 2 NELS and have more super legs ... or better yet why not make the teams 11 or 12. Costly? Maybe but I just feel 4 NELs is too much. I'm relieved though that N/P were saved.

2. Even before  they reached the train A/C already remarked that there are 2 train departures and they must get on the 5:01 train. How did that happen? How did they know they will use the train? Did I miss something?

3. M/R are beatable, they are great but beatable. If only the other teams gear up they are not that invincible. A/C had a big lead, but how would the remaining teams fare in a close race with no big leads.  

4. That sliding thing in Budapest with math was a good idea. kudos - i like it along with the Holey thing (past episode). It just don't make a race but also uses intellect.

Well, I still hold on to my three finale choices: 1st: P/N 2nd M/R and 3rd V/P

And in the spirit of the commercial of Edwin and Monica: the above three teams are who I want to win but who would most likely win are:
1st: V/P  2nd: M/R  3rd A/C (quite surprising choice for the first).

Kudos to A/C great thinking, well deserved win ... but i still find them too ordinary. I wish they'd show more excitement. Something unique to them.

Okay guys, glad to see some of you lighten up. The way I see, it turned out that some us hated M/R not because they are a good team or annoying but because our favorites never win. It's always good to maintain a sense of objectivity.

Ciao and see you in episode 11.

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 8:02pm »

Quote:
Okay guys, glad to see some of you lighten up. The way I see, it turned out that some us hated M/R not because they are a good team or annoying but because our favorites never win. It's always good to maintain a sense of objectivity.

Point taken. But as JP said, everyone can have their own opinions on this forum. So let's move on.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Rhonby
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Flame on!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 7:03am »

Adrian and Colin took the earliest train out.....got them ahead of the other teams..everything went smoothly until they misread their clue and missed the marked entrance.

What a roller-coaster ride for A/C, i'm glad they have a huge lead over the other teams and yes...this kinda made the race more exciting!

Marc and Rovilson couldn't find the freakin' farm..were at the bottom of the pack..then Marc pulled off the Roadblock without a hitch...and moved right up to 2nd..

I still like the way they run this race...IDK.. each to his own, I guess

Vanessa couldn't drive a stick-shift then...panicked!

These girls always freak me out! Again, Vanessa's the star on her panic mode. lol

Anne and Diane switched detour tasks for the nth time..then got lost for the flying fox Roadblock.

I don't find them as obnoxious as the other teams do..but there's just something not appealing about these mums.. LOL....yeah..I know I've said that before..

The ever cute and adorable Paula and Natasha got lost and arrived last but were not eliminated.

This was the part I felt I was gonna cry but heck...I knew another NEL was coming...so yahooo!!!!

Now onto my rankings..  

1. Marc and Rovilson  
2. Paula and Natasha  
3. Adrian and Colin( others call them, Adrienne and Colleen..lol)  
4. Pam and Vanessa  
5. Dancing Mums
IP Logged
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 9:49am »

GREAT EPISODE!!!!!! I first thought that Collin and Adrian might have put themselves in last place and boy, was I HAPPY when they were first out of the train station! At the pit-stop, I was sooo worried that Marc and Rovilson would overtake them and get first again! I was really jumping for joy when they checked in first! That was really exciting. Yay for Marc and Rovilson saying goodbye to their first place! ADRIAN AND COLLIN ROCK!!!

It was beautiful having Marc and Rovilson in fourth place. Although they managed to overtake the other teams, I was actually kinda gloating lol. If they had really checked in in fourth place, I'm really sure they'd flip from disappointment.

Wow, Pamela and Vanessa caught up! I actually thought that they were gonna be eliminated this leg. Well good for them, but I still think that Vanessa should go for anger-management lessons.

I was rather amused that Ann drove away, leaving Diane so angered, looking for her. A pity, or they COULD have beaten Marc and Rovilson. Nevertheless, they're still doing great and I'm still rooting for them! Loved it when they were ahead of Marc and Rovilson at the Detour.

I was so sad that Paula and Natasha came in last! They were doing rather well, I really wonder where they went after the Roadblock! Must have gotten lost. Still, I'm glad that it's an NEL and I PRAY that they won't be eliminated next leg! Hee.
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 10:37am »

I love this episode. I'm glad Adrian and Collin outsmarted the other teams and found an earlier train. Although even with their lead, they encountered problems which might have diminished it, but it's enough to arrive 1st at Pit Stop!  

I also love the ever-changing positions of the teams in the leg. I didn't like how they did not show why/how Paula and Natasha got lost. It was confusing.

And I don't think the Mums could have beaten M/R if Ann didn't drive away with their car. Diane did the RB twice, while Marc only did it once (wasn't he the only person to do the RB once?). They really are a threat!

I will be disappointed if one or both of the all-male teams get eliminated before the finals, they're both very competitive and it will make the finale exciting!
IP Logged
zippo
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 9:49pm »

You're correct JP, Marc was the only person who correctly guessed the math problem on the very 1st try.  Say what you want about M&R but they're definitely not airheads.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 10:03pm »

Yea they are not, because they represent some other heads. (you know what i'm referring to) :laff: Tongue
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.