Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:19am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Final 2 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   The Idols Shows
   American Idol
(Moderators: lakelady, Isle_be_back)
   Final 2
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Final 2  (Read 2370 times)
Splatt
ForumsNet Member
USA 

All of my BB9 faves, except Josh

View Profile

Re: Final 2
« Reply #15 on: May 22nd, 2007, 5:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think Blake will win.
IP Logged

Reality Faves:
Gabon: Matty, Crystal, Charlie, Ken, Sugar
TAR 13: Ken/Tina, Kelly/Christy, Toni/Dallas
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Final 2
« Reply #16 on: May 22nd, 2007, 8:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think there are a lot of things here I agree with.  Jordin will now get Melinda's voters, which should easily push her past Blake in numbers.  It is very unlikely that Melinda's voters will now be pulling for Blake.  Jordin also fits the image of "American Idol".

I think one of the mistakes they made this year in editing the program was to show mutliple times where Simon bashed Taylor.  Simon is expected to be blunt and critical with his words, but that doesn't mean they should to show those moments on air.  

I think crapping all over your own product (Taylor in this case), is really stupid from a business stand point and every bit as bad as Kelly bashing AI (which Simon criticized her for doing).  I think it's made it fashionable for other people to do so, and made people question why they voted for him, etc.  It's cruel to Taylor, who earned his spot fair and square and with the majority of votes, and I hate to see so many people doing it on this site.  That said, back to Blake and Jordin...

Jordin is ideal as a winner for them because she's simply more commercial.  She is young and they will be able to work her to death all while she believes she's enjoying it (and for awhile she probably will enjoy it).  She represents the same market Kelly does, without threat to Kelly's piece of it since she's well established.  Also, I have read that Kelly's new album is a turn away from what she's been putting out and is supposed to be a very dark and non-pop album, with a lot of depressing songs.  This is not a commercial album for her, it's a personal album, enter Jordin to fill that role.  The judges will be caging their words, pushing hard for a Jordin win.

Either way, Blake will make an album and sell it under the AI label.  His audience won't be her audience, and they will still try to make money off them both.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.