Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 1:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « List of major Golden Globe nominees »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   List of major Golden Globe nominees
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: List of major Golden Globe nominees  (Read 326 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 2:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thursday, December 18, 2003 Posted: 12:06 PM EST (1706 GMT)

(CNN) -- The nominees for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Golden Globe Awards, to be presented January 25:  

Motion pictures:  

RELATED  
• 'Cold Mountain' towers over Globe nominations  

Picture, Drama: "Cold Mountain"; "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"; "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"; "Mystic River"; "Seabiscuit."  

Actress, Drama: Cate Blanchett, "Veronica Guerin"; Nicole Kidman, "Cold Mountain"; Scarlett Johansson, "Girl With a Pearl Earring"; Charlize Theron, "Monster"; Uma Thurman, "Kill Bill: Vol. 1"; Evan Rachel Wood, "thirteen."  

Actor, Drama: Russell Crowe, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"; Tom Cruise, "The Last Samurai"; Ben Kingsley, "House of Sand and Fog"; Jude Law, "Cold Mountain"; Sean Penn, "Mystic River."  

Director: Sofia Coppola, "Lost in Translation"; Clint Eastwood, "Mystic River"; Peter Jackson, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"; Anthony Minghella, "Cold Mountain"; Peter Weir, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World."  

Screenplay: Sofia Coppola, "Lost in Translation"; Richard Curtis, "Love Actually"; Brian Helgeland, "Mystic River"; Anthony Minghella, "Cold Mountain"; Jim, Naomi and Kirsten Sheridan, "In America."  

Supporting Actress: Maria Bello, "The Cooler"; Patricia Clarkson, "Pieces of April"; Hope Davis, "American Splendor"; Holly Hunter, "thirteen"; Renee Zellweger, "Cold Mountain."  

Supporting Actor: Alec Baldwin, "The Cooler"; Albert Finney, "Big Fish"; William H. Macy, "Seabiscuit"; Tim Robbins, "Mystic River"; Peter Sarsgaard, "Shattered Glass"; Ken Watanabe, "The Last Samurai."  

Foreign Language: "The Barbarian Invasions," Canada; "Goodbye, Lenin!" Germany; "Monsieur Ibrahim," France; "Osama," Afghanistan; "The Return," Russia.  

__  

Television:  

Drama Series: "24," Fox; "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS; "Nip/Tuck," FX; "Six Feet Under," HBO; "The West Wing," NBC.  

Actress, Drama: Frances Conroy, "Six Feet Under"; Jennifer Garner, "Alias"; Allison Janney, "The West Wing"; Joely Richardson, "Nip/Tuck"; Amber Tamblyn, "Joan of Arcadia."  

Actor, Drama: Michael Chiklis, "The Shield"; Anthony LaPaglia, "Without a Trace"; William Petersen, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing"; Kiefer Sutherland, "24."  

Musical or Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Monk," USA; "The Office," BBC America; "Sex and the City," HBO; "Will & Grace," NBC.  

Actress, Musical or Comedy Series: Bonnie Hunt, "Life With Bonnie"; Reba McEntire, "Reba"; Debra Messing, "Will & Grace"; Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex and the City"; Bitty Schram, "Monk"; Alicia Silverstone, "Miss Match."  

Actor, Musical or Comedy Series: Ricky Gervais, "The Office"; Matt LeBlanc, "Friends"; Bernie Mac, "The Bernie Mac Show"; Eric McCormack, "Will & Grace"; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk."  

Miniseries or Movie Made for Television: "Angels in America," HBO; "My House in Umbria," HBO; "Normal," HBO; "Soldier's Girl," Showtime; "Tennessee Williams' The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone," Showtime.  

IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: List of major Golden Globe nominees
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 4:34pm »

After just seeing Cold Mountain, I will tip my hat to Jude Law for Best Actor.  Glad he was nominated for his astonishing performance. However, I imagine Sean Penn is gonna eek this one out, only from what I've heard.  

Nicole was good.  But I don't see her winning best actress.  

Now Rene on the other hand....you GO GIRL!  She stole the show hands down.  If she doesn't win in her category, I will be very surprised.  She absolutely nailed her character and her accent.   I'm sorry but the Australian beauty has no business trying to portray a southerner.  It's like Oprah playing a french hooker.  

IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 5:19pm »

Good to have your review!  ....and you're so right on about Nicole and believe this or not but my husband does not like her at all!  Go figure.....I thought all guys think she is wonderful, guess he and Tom don't!

As for Rene nailing the accent, she should since she is from Houston.  I do not care for her looks at all, but will certainly give her credit for being a great actress.
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 5:39pm »

About the only thing Nicole has going for her, in my opinion, is she has a waist the size of my middle finger.  lol.   As for Rene, yes, I did know she hailed from Texas. No wonder she had the accent down pat. More than pat.  She stole the show and I almost felt sorry for Nicole.   And luci, this was not my review. Just a look at the awards.  My review, when it comes will be full scale.    Wink    I have alot more to say about Nicole. lolololol
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2003, 7:51pm »

Now, I like Nicole, but I can't picture her as a southerner either.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 3:32am »

I'd like to thank my washer and dryer.  For keeping up the pace in 2003.  My wonderful vacuum cleaner, for holding up all these years.  My constant and awesome companion, Tabby, for sticking with me throughout the chaos.   Oh and let's not forget, the chardonnay, which keeps me on an even keel. LOL

note to lake: do not stay up late and post
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 1st, 2004, 2:07pm »

:rofl:
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.