Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 8:47am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Fairplay on TNA Wrestling »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Fairplay on TNA Wrestling
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fairplay on TNA Wrestling  (Read 500 times)
groonie
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Fairplay on TNA Wrestling
« on: Jan 14th, 2004, 11:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys,Im a longtime Survivor fan and im also a pro-wrestling fan. I was watching a TNA PPV tonight and they announced that Fairplay will be at the show next wednesday! I was shocked and had to tell someone...lol
if any wrestling fans want to check it out,the official site is at www.nwatna.com
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Fairplay on TNA Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 12:35am »

Laugh... so not a shock!  How funny though.  Tell us how the show goes!
IP Logged
groonie
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 1:06am »

I will,TNA is a very good fit for Fairplay,TNA is growing and this could help them with getting more publicity. Im all for it!They already got a photo of fairplay on the mainpage of the website!lol,that was quick.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2004, 1:07am by groonie » IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 1:17pm »

http://www.nwatna.com/news/2004/1/15/news.html

01.15.04 | Ex-Survivor Cast Member Joins TNA Wrestling  

The Man America Loves To Hate  

Ex-Survivor Cast Member Joins TNA Wrestling  

The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth.                        – H.L. Mencken  

January 15, 2004 ( Nashville , TN ) —TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that former cast member of Survivor: Pearl Islands , Jon Dalton a/k/a/ Jonny Fairplay has signed a contract with TNA Wrestling.  Dalton is scheduled to make his first TNA pay-per-view appearance Wednesday, January 21, 2004 .  

Known as the “Rasputin of the Pearl Islands ,” Dalton 's infamy helped catapult Survivor's viewership back to the top of the Nielsen television ratings. Michael Booth of the Denver Post said, “Survivor is back on top with its seventh season, in the Pearl Islands of Panama , thanks in large part to ‘Jonny Fairplay', the consciously obnoxious beach bum who fabricated his grandmother's death to buy three more days on the island, and then bought three more days by swearing allegiance on her nonexistent grave.”  

The Survivor season finale achieved an audience of 25.2 million viewers and beat the combined offerings of NBC, ABC and FOX. For the week of December 8-14, 2003 , Survivor: Pearl Islands was the second, third and fourth most watched show, and it ranks fourth in household ratings and share in the 2003-2004 Network Primetime Series to date.  

“The most successful wrestling personalities evoke passion—one way or another—from the fans,” TNA President, Dixie Carter explains.  “Based on the reaction Jonny drew from 20+ million viewers weekly, there's no doubt he will ignite both controversy and intrigue each week on TNA's pay-per-views.”  

“TNA is a wrestling company that is going to the top, and I'm going to take them there,” boasted Dalton . “I'm Jonny Fairplay, and I don't play fair.”  

A native of Danville , VA , Dalton has a background in professional wrestling with stints at independent promotions New Dimension Wrestling and Portland Wrestling. Dalton also worked as a production assistant for wrestling icon, Rowdy Roddy Piper.  

TNA Wrestling is the first-ever weekly wrestling pay-per-view series available every Wednesday night at 8pm ET / 5pm PT.   Available on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV and TVN as well as Viewer's Choice and Bell ExpressVu in Canada, TNA features some of the most recognizable faces in wrestling today—including Sting, Raven, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, and more! With less talk and more in-ring action, TNA Wrestling has gained recognition as the definitive alternative for today's wrestling enthusiast.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2004, 1:19pm by Rhune » IP Logged
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 4:09pm »

This, of course, puts the final nail in the "Jon's on All-Stars" lie.  There's no way MB would let Jon do this if he was going to be twisted into SAS.   Cool

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 4:50pm »

Precisely...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.