Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 11:33am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Rodger's New Job »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Rodger's New Job
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rodger's New Job  (Read 407 times)
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

Rodger's New Job
« on: Jan 14th, 2004, 6:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

www.kypost.com/2004/01/14/bing011404.html
Bingham takes state job  

By Rick Bird  
Post staff reporter

Rodger Bingham, the Crittenden farmer, teacher and developer who gained fame from CBS' "Survivor," has taken a job as deputy executive director of agriculture marketing and product promotion in the newly reorganized Kentucky Department of Agriculture  
He will be the No. 2 man in one of four divisions in the department, Agriculture Department chief of staff Patrick Jennings said.  

Bingham's division includes agriculture marketing and promotion, including the Kentucky Fresh and Kentucky Proud programs, farmland preservation, show and fair promotion, value-added programs for animal and plant production, and education programs throughout the state.  

Bingham will be making what Jennings calls a mid-point salary of $75,000 a year.  

Part of Bingham's job can be described as a goodwill ambassador for the farming industry, but it is much more than that, Jennings said. It will be a top-level management position, and Bingham will represent farmers' interests throughout the state.  

"I'll be traveling all over the state of Kentucky to schools, different organizations, conferences, representing the department," Bingham said.  

Bingham left his job Friday as vocational teacher at Grant County High School to take the position offered by new Commissioner of Agriculture Richie Farmer.  

Bingham also served on Farmer's transition team after the Republican was elected to the post in November.  

Bingham was one of the all-time fan favorites on "Survivor: The Australian Outback," finishing fifth on the reality show that aired in the spring of 2001.  

Bingham said in his new job, he plans to constantly tour the state "talking about my 'Survivor' experience and my background as a farmer and trying to tie it all together. When I was in Australia (for 'Survivor'), I did get to tour a 24,000-acre farm, which gave me a unique experience."  

Bingham was not invited back as one of the "Survivor: All-Stars" cast members. That series, which debuts Feb. 1, features players and winners from past editions. Bingham said he was informed last summer that he was one of the final 24 selected for the all-star version, but he didn't make the producers' cut to the final 18.  

Bingham acknowledged he would have enjoyed doing "Survivor" again.  

"I was surprised I didn't make it. I was kind of down in the dumps about it for a couple of days, to tell you the truth. Then I got thinking, 'Get real with this.' There are things more important in life than this."  

Post staff reporter Peggy Kreimer contributed to this story
------------------------------------------

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Rodger's New Job
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 7:12pm »

Good for Rodger!
IP Logged
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Praying for FN members/family health & happiness

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

Re: Rodger's New Job
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 5:40pm »

Oh my!  As ever the gentleman.  As much as he really reallllly wanted a spot on SAS, he didn't bad mouth the "powers that be" who chose others over him.  Kiss
IP Logged

"Senility Prayer"...God grant me...
The senility to forget the people I never liked
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do
And the eyesight to tell the difference."

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.