Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 11:37am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « I'm gonna miss you all! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   I'm gonna miss you all!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm gonna miss you all!  (Read 1380 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: I'm gonna miss you all!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 12th, 2006, 5:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all!  First and foremost, thank you ALL for your prayers.  

BECAUSE THEY WORKED!

Will make this short because I'm just in from Birmingham at 5:30 and exhausted. Driving 2 1/2 hours at 45 mph hour in a monsoon is no fun. Not to mention the last two days.  

Bill's surgery was a huge success.  The only problem they encountered was the large amounts of calium buildup on his other valves. They got it cleaned out as much as they could. There is a risk that while the leftovers settle back into place, a piece could break off and head to his brain causing a stroke).  The aortic valve was replaced with a synthetic one which is supposed to last 10 years. He opted out of having a pig valve because it only lasts five.  Three veins were successfully taken from his right leg for the triple bypass.  

The surgery was over yesterday at 2:15.  We were able to see him at 4:30.  Seeing him then was BY FAR one of the worst things I've ever had to witness.  But by the 8:30 visit, he was so much better.  And by this morning, he looked just like himself again.  He had done so remarkably well that they gave him a private room by 11:00. There was some paranoia and delusions there for awhile until all the anethesia wore off and he was able to eat and drink again.  He's resting comfortably and has apologized for the angst he caused to everyone.  Hopefully should be home by the end of the weekend.  

I'm thankful for each and every one of you.  Most all of you have been through something like this with family but this was my first time to be so close.  And as you all know, I can be a basket case.  I'm proud that I was able to find strength through prayers and my faith in God.  

NOW.  LET SURVIVOR AND TAR BEGIN!
woooooooooooo hooooooooooooo
And Dancing With the Stars!      
Tonight, first things first.  Gotta say goodbye to BB All Stars and Rock Star.  

THEN!  Let Survivor and TAR BEGIN!   Tongue
IP Logged
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Sep 12th, 2006, 7:48pm »

Great news!  I hope things continue to go well for him.
IP Logged
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Sep 15th, 2006, 7:41am »

I am so glad everything is ok. We are all family here and we all lean on each other every now and then! Good to see you back on the boards!
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Sep 15th, 2006, 5:56pm »

Thanks you guys.  

Just a quick update.  This morning I was facing going back to Birmingham for the next four days until Bill was released on Tuesday.  That meant a hectic night of washing clothes and packing.  

This afternoon I got the news.  He and mom are coming home tomorrow!  I will drive my uncle up and he'll drive them home in their van.  Mom is concerned that he's not ready to leave.  He, on the other hand, is jubilant!  He can't WAIT to get out of there.  Unbeknownst to them, I have made arrangements for friends and church members to keep them stocked with food and meals for the next week.    

ps. It's good to be back posting!
IP Logged
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Sep 16th, 2006, 1:44am »

Glad to hear everything turned out fine!!  Grin
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.