Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 4:01am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « 'Dreamz' Slapped With Paternity Suit. »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   'Dreamz' Slapped With Paternity Suit.
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 'Dreamz' Slapped With Paternity Suit.  (Read 1096 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

'Dreamz' Slapped With Paternity Suit.
« on: Jun 24th, 2007, 3:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Local 'Survivor' Dre faces paternity lawsuit
Woman who claims she lived with Herd seeks child support, medical expenses

By Ken Little
Staff Writer, StarNewsOnline.com

Survivor contestant Andria "Dre" Herd spent weeks baking in the Fiji sun, overcoming dehydration, depravation and the relentless plotting of opponents.

The Wilmington native came in second on the show, winning $100,000 and, after a controversial deal with another contestant, a pickup truck valued at $60,000. But back home, the 25-year-old was soon slapped with a paternity lawsuit by a former member of his Wilmington tribe who gave birth to a baby boy Nov. 30.

The lawsuit, filed last month in New Hanover County Superior Court by Amanda S. Young, seeks child support and reimbursement for medical expenses relating to the pregnancy, along with medical insurance coverage for the infant, who is now nearly 7 months old.

Documents filed with the lawsuit include a birth certificate from the New Hanover County Register of Deeds. Young, 23, is listed as the mother. The father's name is not on the certificate.

Court papers list a Walnut Street address for Herd, the defendant.

"Plaintiff and defendant lived together for a period of time in 2006 from approximately the end of January 2006 until April 2006," court papers state. "During this period of time plaintiff and defendant engaged in sexual intercourse and as a consequence plaintiff got pregnant."

The baby's name is Luca Finley Young. Herd has a July 9 Family Court appearance date.

Attempts Friday to contact Herd, Young and her lawyer were not successful.

Herd, a cheerleading coach, often mentioned his "son" to other contestants on the reality show. And though he never mentioned a name on the show, he is also the father of a 2-year-old named Giovanni who has a different mother.

He also talked about living on the streets for a short time as a child and frequenting local soup kitchens, including Good Shepherd House.

His life changed, he said, when he and his brothers took up cheerleading as a hobby and, later, as a profession.

A subpoena for Herd was issued in April by the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office on behalf of child support enforcement.

Herd was ordered to appear in court June 6 and provide verification of income "from all sources" over the previous year, along with all bank statements for the same period.

Staff writer Amy Hotz contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2007, 3:45pm by MediaScribe » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: 'Dreamz' Slapped With Paternity Suit.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 4:50pm »

OK... first off, let me say IF this is his child then he does indeed need to step up and support him.  HOWEVER, I find it awfully suspect that the mother didn't even put a father's name on the birth certificate, and didn't bring this up until AFTER he had money and "fame" from Survivor, which to me is just wrong.  If you didn't want him around and didn't want the name on the birth certificate, then you don't have any right to be coming back and wanting part of the "wealth" he now has.   That has nothing to do with supporting a baby, that has to do with being a greedy..... 'nuff said.

I'm a firm believer in men taking responsibility; however, when my daughter's father left before she was born and didn't want anything to do with her... I decided then and there, hell would freeze over before he ever laid eyes on her, and I'd be damned if I'd take one penny of support because then I'd have to give him rights to her... as far as I was concerned his rights ended the day he walked out that door and left me pregnant.  I tend to have strong feelings about things like this.  

Like I said, I think he should support his child, but I also think it's wrong for her to want back in NOW that he has something of value, when apparently before she didn't bother to find "her baby daddy."  Took seven months to figure this out??.. Puhleeze!!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
jvjkj
ForumsNet Member

^Thanks Jake!^

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 7:55pm »

^I agree. Smiley Cool
IP Logged

Survivor: All faves except Yau and Ami, Mary!
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 2:27am »

This just goes to show that men just shouldn't go around sleeping with women.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 4:52pm »

Did she even have a paternity test done to determine if he is really the father? She could very well be lying because she knows he's from the area, and won some money. Greed... just because she went out with him doesn't mean he's the father.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 7:59pm »

on Jun 25th, 2007, 4:52pm, Heather wrote:
Did she even have a paternity test done to determine if he is really the father? She could very well be lying because she knows he's from the area, and won some money. Greed... just because she went out with him doesn't mean he's the father.

Your right, Heather. In fact, I think they should make a law requiring a DNA test for all babies that are born.  Then you know who the father is.  (That goes for married as well as unmarried couples.)
IP Logged
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 5:06am »

^ Same as yesteach.
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:33pm »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 4:50pm, yesteach wrote:
OK... first off, let me say IF this is his child then he does indeed need to step up and support him.  HOWEVER, I find it awfully suspect that the mother didn't even put a father's name on the birth certificate, and didn't bring this up until AFTER he had money and "fame" from Survivor, which to me is just wrong.  If you didn't want him around and didn't want the name on the birth certificate, then you don't have any right to be coming back and wanting part of the "wealth" he now has.   That has nothing to do with supporting a baby, that has to do with being a greedy..... 'nuff said.

I'm a firm believer in men taking responsibility; however, when my daughter's father left before she was born and didn't want anything to do with her... I decided then and there, hell would freeze over before he ever laid eyes on her, and I'd be damned if I'd take one penny of support because then I'd have to give him rights to her... as far as I was concerned his rights ended the day he walked out that door and left me pregnant.  I tend to have strong feelings about things like this.  

Like I said, I think he should support his child, but I also think it's wrong for her to want back in NOW that he has something of value, when apparently before she didn't bother to find "her baby daddy."  Took seven months to figure this out??.. Puhleeze!!

I sooooooo agree!!!
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Darrell
Scurvy Dog Team
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 8:54pm »

on Jun 25th, 2007, 2:27am, Popo wrote:
This just goes to show that men just shouldn't go around sleeping with women.

You suggest we sleep with menHuh?  I'll pass!
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 6th, 2007, 6:13am »

You can always try, if that's how you want to infer it. Smiley
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.