Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 1:19am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « "Survivor" Scandal: Was "Lunch Lady" Lying? »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   "Survivor" Scandal: Was "Lunch Lady" Lying?
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "Survivor" Scandal: Was "Lunch Lady" Lying?  (Read 3113 times)
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: "Survivor" Scandal: Was "Lunch
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 1:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 28th, 2007, 1:04pm, Genius wrote:
Hence, her intention wasn't to whine.

What was it then?  She wanted some attention. She knew it sounded like she was given a "leftover" job on her return and the sob story about missing the children.  Burnett felt sorry for her "demotion" and decided to play Mr. Charity.  Now Denise is screwed.  Does she tell tell Jeff and the viewers that it was really a promotion she applied for with more money and benefits and open a can of worms, or do you just let it go and sort it out later?  I believe she would have sorted it out later if the viewers hadn't flooded the school she worked for with angry e-mails.  The school was forced to bring everything out in the open to keep it's reputation clean.  

Denise's mistake was playing the sympathy card and being a fan favorite and not figuring in Burnett's PR factor.  She had a hard enough time figuring out what to do in Survivor:China, who could blame her?
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 1:38pm by Isle_be_back » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 4:47pm »

I don't think she whined thinking she'd get the money MB offered, but I do think her plan was to sound "poor pitiful mom can't spend time with family working nights" in hopes someone would offer a day job. After all that is what she mentioned at the end. I think iif MB had offered her a day job that paid 50k no one would even be having this discussion... but because it was money, suddenly she's trying to scam? I don't think it ever occured to her anything like this would happen.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 5:02pm »

You're exactly right, yesteach.  Everybody's blaming Denise when they should be yelling at Mark Burnett.  

What's the big idea, handing out extra cash to fan favorites?  They didn't do it in the earlier shows.  What about Rudy, Kelly W., Pascal, Helen, Neleh (the anti-Helen) and most notably Rob Cesternino?  They never got extra $.  

I say we storm down to CBS and demand MB's head on a stick!  Anybody with me?  Come on!  Wink
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.