Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:49pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Nike Air Pegasus 83 Hombre »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Nike Air Pegasus 83 Hombre
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nike Air Pegasus 83 Hombre  (Read 111 times)
sooo
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Nike Air Pegasus 83 Hombre
« on: Sep 24th, 2018, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Adidas AG aims to increase its sales by 40 million pairs of sneakers annually, Nike Air Max 95 Damen to more than a half-billion by 2020, largely by appealing to fashion-conscious teens and urban hipsters. At the heart of that effort: a decades-old shoe named after a retired tennis player who lives Adidas Adilette Slides Damen in South Carolina and hasn’t won a major singles tournament since 1980.

The shoe is the Stan Smith, a white-leather number with pale green accents introduced in 1971, the year before Stan Smith (the player, now 70) earned his second and last Grand Slam singles title. Thanks to a well-orchestrated promotional blitz, this unlikely hero has made one of the greatest comebacks in marketing history, from a declining brand popular with suburban dads Nike Air Max 90 Feminino into a must-have for the -fashion-savvy.

As they rev up an effort to catch Nike Inc., Adidas executives are seeking to replicate parts of the campaign to stoke interest in other shoes. “We Asics Gel Lyte 3 Feminino wanted to position it anew with fashion designers and trendsetters,” says Arthur Hoeld, who heads Adidas’s brand strategy and business development. “This is part of the concept – to push boundaries, Nike Air Pegasus 83 Feminino to experiment.”

s Adidas was planning the Stan Smith revival about five years ago, the shoe was still selling, though it was showing up more often at discount stores. The feeling around the company was that the model had lost its mojo, but Hoeld and a handful of other executives saw its potential, their confidence bolstered by reports that Phoebe Philo, creative director of the Céline fashion house, had been spotted sporting Stan Smiths at her shows.

There is no bigger fan of the Stan Smith than Stan Smith. “When the shoe came out with my photo on the tongue, I kept looking at it during my matches and it was distracting, humbling, and Nike Roshe Run Mujer exhilarating,” he says. Smith maintains a personal cache of about 60 versions stored in two different closets: one for regular wear, one for sentimental gems, like a black and maroon suede pair Nike Zoom Fly Donna customized in Hong Kong 10 years ago (“as close as I could get to my school USC colors”). “I wish that I had kept the shoes from the early days but I had no idea that they would be around for so long and have the legacy that was created,” he adds.

Out September 4, the 336-page tome is a visual celebration of that legacy, filled with Smith’s personal recollections of his life and storied career and the shoe that bears his name, as seen throughout history in 200 photographs. There is a shot of Yoko Ono and John Lennon perched on a love seat, the latter wearing black Smiths with single cuffed jeans; flip forward and you’ll find a Snowdon-lensed Nike Air Pegasus 83 Hombre portrait of David Bowie, sockless in chinos, a peach button-up, and yellow tie on a dilapidated white park bench.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.