Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:00pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Kids Left In Hot Cars »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Kids Left In Hot Cars
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kids Left In Hot Cars  (Read 481 times)
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Kids Left In Hot Cars
« on: Jul 31st, 2002, 11:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm really angry tonight.  Twice in as many days, police in Indianapolis have made arrests of people who left young children locked in cars.  The temperature in Indianapolis the past two days has reached  the mid 90's.  Yesterday the victim was 8 months old and he is still hospitalized.  Today the child was a 3 year old girl.  When she arrived at the hospital her body temperature was 109 degrees.  She was treated and released tonight.  What are these people thinking?  Thank God for the good samaritans who spotted these children and called the authorities.  :angel:
IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

Re: Kids Left In Hot Cars
« Reply #1 on: Aug 1st, 2002, 6:34am »

I don't know what is wrong with people, either. The same goes for leaving pets in hot cars, as well.  It just sickens me.  How stupid can people be?  Obviously, very very stupid...and selfish.

:embarassed:
IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
Roo94
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 1st, 2002, 7:06am »

There seems to be so much of this going around.  Twice this summer (at least) there have been stories of kids dying from this.  Earlier in the summer, a family with something like 13 kids.  The mom was away, the dad thought the oldest son was getting the toddler out of the car.  She was in there all day - hello, even with that many kids, how do you not notice a toddler is missing.

Just last week in Florida, a family of 5.  The wife thought her husband got the baby (23 months I think) out of the car after church, the husband thought she did.  Didn't fint the baby until they went to get back in the car that night.  Hello - again, how do you not notice that a child of this age is missingHuh??

Sigh - it is so terribly sad.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 1st, 2002, 11:24am »

There was a very sad case similar to this where my mom lives, last summer.  A young mother put her baby in the car seat and in her groggy state (and I think she was late to work and not focusing on what she should have), the kid fell asleep in the backseat and she (half asleep and focused on other stuff) forgot to drop her at daycare.  At lunch time she came out to smoke and found her dead baby.  :bigcry:  She was really devastated, thet had her on suicide watch for a long time after that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.