Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:30pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Suit Filed Against Fast Food Companies »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Suit Filed Against Fast Food Companies
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suit Filed Against Fast Food Companies  (Read 513 times)
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Suit Filed Against Fast Food Companies
« on: Aug 7th, 2002, 10:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just listening to The View and they were interviewing a man and his attorney.  The man is bringing suit against McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, and Kentucky Fried Chicken.  He claims eating fast food caused his obesity and two heart attacks.  He claims they witheld information about the nutritional content of their food.  He also claims he is addicted to fat.  

I think this is just about the biggest "crock" I've ever heard, what do you think about this?
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2002, 10:52am by Irishlass » IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Suit Filed Against Fast Food Companies
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 10:56am »

In the Grapevine, I've got a thread called "Idiot Stories" that's got an article about this guy in it.
IP Logged
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 11:18am »

:embarassed:Sorry, I didn't know you had already posted this.  I did enjoy reading your post, you had a lot more information that I did.  Isn't it ridiculous?
IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 11:44am »

This story warranted posting twice IMHO.  When are we going to take responsibility for ourselves and our own choices that we make.  

However, I also think that the governments should regulate unhealthy things and fast food is one such thing.  Even more important we should know about the food content of what we eat.  For example the type of fats in our foods and whether they are healthy or not and the amounts that are recommended.  They have started this on cereal boxes etc and we can now choose something that does not have sugar as the first ingredient.  They need to do this more with fats.  

Trans fatty acids are highly implicated in arterial disease and there is no labelling for these on any packaging.  They are the worst AND found in many products.  

Fruits and veggies are making a come back but more information needs to get out AND fast food places MUST give us healthy choices.   Having said that I see McDonald's in Canada is doing that very thing.  Just keep away from the french fries.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 3:20pm »

Oh, I wasn't chewing you out for positng it twice, was just trying to make sure you didn't miss the stuff I had posted about it. Smiley
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 3:39pm »

I went ahead and moved the idiots stories here. Smiley
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 11:38pm »

I guess there is no longer a concept of personal responsibility!

Hmmmmmm, maybe I should sue. . . . . . :furious2:

I could sue RCA and SONY for making all those TV sets, and the networks. . .  NBC, ABC, and especially CBS for putting all those shows on TV that compel me to watch them.   That Survivor show has me hooked!!  I'm addicted!!  My eyesight is going to hell because I stare at the durn TV all day, and my butt is getting sore from sitting on the couch, Man, These people at the networks are EVIL!

I could sue all the various clock and watch makers in the world because if I want to know what time it is, I'm almost FORCED to use one of their products!!  They almost MAKE me look at one of their products many, many times each day!!  I think I've developed carpel tunnel syndrome in my wrist from looking at my watch so much!!  Damn those people at Timex!

Hey, I think I'm getting the hang of this no personal responsibility thingy! . . . . . .

. . . .Anybody got Johnny Coccaran's phone number? :evilgrin:

IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.