Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 5:04am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Chelsea Clinton Wedding »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Chelsea Clinton Wedding
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chelsea Clinton Wedding  (Read 2693 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Chelsea Clinton Wedding
« on: Jul 31st, 2010, 7:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know Scribe has secretly been waiting for this so here are the details.    Cheesy

Wedding bells for Chelsea Clinton
By Christina Wilkie - 07/31/10 06:00 AM ET  

After months of speculation over every last detail, Chelsea Clinton's wedding day is finally here.  

The daughter of former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is expected to wed investment banker Marc Mezvinsky, the son of former Reps. Marjorie Mezvinsky (D-Pa.) and Edward Mezvinsky (D-Iowa), before approximately 400 guests Saturday evening in Rhinebeck, N.Y.  

Speculation about the upstate New York location was put to rest Friday when Bill Clinton was spotted strolling along Rhinebeck's main street, but beyond that, those involved in the wedding have largely refused to speak about it to the press.

Despite the Clintons' best efforts (and scores of non-disclosure agreements signed by vendors), lots of details about the big day have leaked.

The ceremony is expected to take place at the historic Astor Courts, a century-old estate overlooking the Hudson River. According to residents of Rhinebeck, crews have been working on the property for weeks, preparing it for the guests, security, and caterers that will swarm the estate for the sunset ceremony and reception.

Nearby hotels have been booked solid since April, although many of the guests will reportedly be arriving from New York City, two hours south of the picturesque country town, and returning the same night.

A rare Federal Aviation Administration no-fly zone has been issued for the area around Rhinebeck on Saturday and Sunday. In a statement on its website, the FAA cited "temporary flight restrictions for VIP movement" as the reason for the no-fly order.

Among the VIPs expected are Oprah Winfrey, Barbra Streisand, Ted Turner, Steven Spielberg and his wife Kate Capshaw, former British Prime Minister John Major, Democratic adviser Terry McAuliffe, former Clinton White House Deputy Chief of Staff Harold Ickes, historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, and longtime family friend Denise Rich.  

Also expected are newly married Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and Huma Abedin, Secretary Clinton's longtime personal aide.  

As for who's not on the guest list? President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, along with former Vice President Al Gore and Tipper Gore, have confirmed that they were not invited.  

Now for the ceremony itself: As for what the bride will wear to walk down the aisle, designer Vera Wang is the presumed choice, despite early rumors that it would be Clinton family favorite Oscar de la Renta. Chelsea Clinton and her mother have both been spotted visiting Wang's Madison Avenue boutique a half-dozen times in the past three months, which aligns with the traditional fittings required for a top-of-the-line bridal gown. Wang has also reportedly designed dresses for the bridesmaids and flower girls.  

In a typically tight-lipped fashion, there is no word on whether a photo will be released.  

The vows will likely be said within an interfaith service: Bill Clinton is a Southern Baptist, Hillary Clinton is Methodist, and Mezvinsky is Jewish.  

According to the Wall Street Journal, the catering job will be split between three operations: Blue Ribbon Restaurants, St. Regis Hotels and Resorts, and Olivier Cheng Catering and Events. Chelsea Clinton is a vegan, so guests can expect a dairy-free wedding cake, as well as other non-vegan choices.  

Rumored to be accompanying the cake? One of three dessert wines from Clinton Vineyards, located in nearby Clinton Corners, N.Y. The names of the wines are fitting: Embrace, Romance and Desire.  

Two different florists are handling the blooms, Winston Flowers and noted Four Seasons Hotels' floral designer Jeff Leatham, according to sources.  

If all of this sounds pricey, that's because it is. Estimates vary as to the potential price-tag of the nuptials, but it's safe to assume it will be in the $3-$5 million range.  According to CNN, security alone could run more than $200,000, and flowers could go as high as $500,000.  

No word on where the couple plans to honeymoon, but after a party this big, they'll likely need some time to unwind. A luxury tropical island could be just the thing.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31st, 2010, 8:05am »

Imagine wasting millions of dollars on stupid stuff like the flowers.   On the other hand, I suppose that's money that goes back into the economy and helps out local businesses instead of collecting interest in a bank somewhere...
IP Logged
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31st, 2010, 9:17am »

Exactly, Rhune.  The economy will benefit.   People with means spending a lot on weddings isn't new.   If I'd had more money, I probably would have spent more on my daughter's wedding.  On the other hand,  there are people who spend more than they can afford and go deeply into debt for showy weddings, which is more irresponsible, IMO.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31st, 2010, 1:41pm »

What's bothering me is why can't the media leave her alone?
They dedicated the Early Show on cbs this morning to the wedding and everything, doesn't she want the media to stay away? There's a reason why the whole country didn't get an invite, just saying  Undecided
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31st, 2010, 2:25pm »

I blame Scribe.
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 2nd, 2010, 9:47am »

(Overheard conversation between Hillary and Chelsea)

She asked Chelsea, "have you had sex with Marc?"

Chelsea said, "Not according to Dad"  

Wink

IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:27am »

lol
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:04pm »

I laughed Embarassed
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
nickkhun23
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 12th, 2011, 10:19pm »

I'm new in here, Hope to enjoy this forum.  

Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 12th, 2011, 10:52pm »

Interesting place to do your first post.  Just obey the rules and everything should be great.

Welcome aboard.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2011, 10:52pm by Isle_be_back » IP Logged
temperance_brennan
ForumsNet Member
Haiti 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jul 11th, 2016, 3:46pm »

ah, thats was a dream one
IP Logged
rainahuang
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Sep 26th, 2017, 3:00am »

Heart And Soul Bonds Wholesale Ugg Boots
Our lives are greeted by different types of relationships. Some fun, some cozy and intimate, some crazy and adventurous, some inseparable. Nevertheless, new balance pas cherthere are also other type of connections, moncler saldi which transcend these. adidas chaussures These are the heart and soul bonds. Scarpe nike uomoOne does not need to talk or exchange messages but still there is a knowing or a feeling of the other person. pandora jewelry Here the channels of heart and soul connection are alive. louboutin pas cher chine
We have all experienced this at some moments in life. UGG bottes FemmeLike when you are wishing to eat a special dish and without saying a word your mother/father/housemate makes it for you. When you have suddenly thought of a friend and felt as though she was not ok nice adidas shoes and you call to say hi, you discover she is going through a tough patch. Wholesale Ugg BootsThe electricity you feel running through your body when you connect with someone so profoundly. scarpe nike runningThe time when you meet someone in your dreams and it feels so real. When you look deeply into someone's eyes and you just know their true essence.  Wholesale Ugg BootsWhen your spouse has a stomachache and u can feel the sympathy pain.  new balance saleWhen you think of someone and then suddenly they call you unexpectedly and you say “Hey! I was just thinking of you!” When you are thinking about something and the next moment your friend talks about the same thing - almost completing your statements. Nike Air Max new balance femme
We share them with a few people in our lives; we can actually share them with more. It sounds ridiculous. However, it exists for each one of us.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.