Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 2:10pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Let's Laugh! Todays Topic - Dogs »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Let's Laugh! Todays Topic - Dogs
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Let's Laugh! Todays Topic - Dogs  (Read 2529 times)
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

Re: Let's Laugh! Todays Topic - Housework
« Reply #30 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

EFFICIENCY EXPERT.

"The efficiency expert concluded his lecture with a note of caution. "Youdon''t want to try these techniques at home.".

"Why not?" asked somebody from the audience..

"I watched my wife''s routine at breakfast for years," the expert explained.

"She made lots of trips between the refrigerator, stove, table and cabinets,often carrying a single item at a time. One day I told her, ''Hon, why don''tyou try carrying several things at once?''".

"Did it save time?" the guy in the audience asked..

"Actually, yes," replied the expert. "It used to take her 20 minutes to makebreakfast. Now I do it in seven."  
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46am »

Tomorrow I will do the housework, NO EXCUSES!!! (unless they're good ones)

1. It is time to clean out the refrigerator when something closes the door from the inside.

2. If it walks out of your refrigerator, let it go!

3. The best mini-vac for an after meal clean up is the dog.

4. Keep it clean enough for healthy, dirty enough for happy.

5. Never make fried chicken in the nude.

6. Do not engage in unarmed combat with a dust bunny big enough to choke the vacuum cleaner.

7. You make the beds, you do the dishes, and six months later you have to start all over again.

8. If guys were suppose to hang clothes up, door knobs would be bigger.

9. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

10. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

11. Simplify... hire a maid.

12: My second favourite household chore is ironing. My first being Hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.

13. I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.

14. I am a marvellous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.

15. Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look affronted and exclaim, "What? And spoil the mood?"

16. When writing your name in the dust on the table, omit the date.

17. If dusting is REALLY out of control, simply place a showy urn on the coffee table and insist that "THIS is where Grandma wanted us to scatter her ashes..."
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:47am »

MY PHILOSOPHY OF HOUSECLEANING!  
I don't do windows because ...
I love birds and don't want one to run into a clean  
window and get hurt.

I don't wax floors because ...
I am terrified a guest will slip, hurt themselves,  
I'll feel terrible and they may sue me.

I don't mind the dust bunnies because ..
They are very good company, I have named most of them,  
and they agree with everything I say.  

I don't disturb cobwebs because ...
I want every creature to have a home of their own.  

I don't Spring Clean because ..
I love all the seasons and don't want the others to get jealous.  

I don't pull weeds in the garden because ...
I don't want to get in God's way, he is an excellent designer.  

I don't put things away because ..
My husband will never be able to find them again.  

I don't do gourmet meals when I entertain because ...
I don't want my guests to stress out over what to  
make when they invite me over for dinner.  

I don't iron because ...
I choose to believe them when they say "Permanent Press".  

I don't stress much on anything because ...
"A Type" personalities die young
and I want to stick around and become a wrinkled  
up ol' woman!!!!
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:48am »

What is a man's idea of doing housework?  
Lifting his leg so you can vacuum.
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 4:06pm »

LAUNDRY STAIN REMOVAL GUIDE
Here's a handy guide to getting out those pesky fabric stains:  

Blood - Spill more blood around area of stain so it won't stand out as much.  

Ink - Fall to knees and plead, "Why, God, why? Why dost thou test me so?"  

Grass - Write the name of your liquid detergent on stain. Wash. Hold up to camera, and show off the unbelievable results.  

Mud - Place large iron-on NASCAR patch over stain. Apply heat for 60 seconds.  

Tomato Sauce - Take out the mook responsible for your tomato-sauce stain by executing him gangland-style in the back of the head. Capeche?  

Coffee - Rub cream and sugar into stain. Apply oral suction. Enjoy rich, robust coffee-stain flavor.  

Wine - Apply mixture of 1/2 rum and 1/2 Coke to self until you no longer care about some little freaking stain.  

Chewing Gum - Using permanent marker, draw dotted line around stain. Cut carefully on dotted line.  

Nail Polish - Nail-polish stains are actually quite lovely. Why not leave them in for a pleasing "homecrafted" look?  
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 4:07pm »

30 MINUTES TO A CLEANER HOUSE
You're getting company in 30 minutes. Your house is a mess. WHAT WILL YOU DO? Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first session of Housekeeping Tips for Regular People. If you're a Martha Stewart type of housekeeper, this column is NOT for you. However, for the rest of you, this is your chance to learn 15 Secret Shortcuts to Good Housekeeping that your mother never told you.  

SECRET TIP 1: DOOR LOCKS
If a room clearly can't be whipped into shape in 30 days--much less 30 minutes--employ the Locked Door Method of cleaning. Tell anyone who tries to go in the room that the door is intentionally locked.  

CAUTION: It is not advisable to use this tip for the bathroom.  

Time: 2 seconds  

SECRET TIP 2: DUCT TAPE
No home should be without an ample supply. Not only is it handy for plumbing repairs, but it's a great way to hem drapes, tablecloths, clothes, just about anything. No muss, no fuss.  

Time: 2-3 minutes  

SECRET TIP 3: OVENS
If you think ovens are just for baking, think again. Ovens represent at least 9 cubic feet of hidden storage space, which means they're a great place to shove dirty dishes, dirty clothes, or just about anything you want to get out of sight when company's coming.  

Time: 2 minutes  

SECRET TIP 4: CLOTHES DRYERS
Like Secret Tip 3, except bigger. CAUTION: Avoid hiding flammable objects here.  

Time: 2.5 minutes  

SECRET TIP 5: WASHING MACHINES & FREEZERS
Like Secret Tip 4, except even bigger.  

Time: 3 minutes  

SECRET TIP 6: DUST RUFFLES
No bed should be without one. Devotees of Martha Stewart believe dust ruffles exist to keep dust out from under a bed or to help coordinate the colorful look of a bedroom. The rest of us know a dust ruffle's highest and best use is to hide whatever you've managed to shove under the bed. (Refer to Secret Tips 3, 4, 5.)  

Time: 4 minutes  

SECRET TIP 7: DUSTING
The 30-Minutes-To-A-Clean-House method says: Never dust under what you can dust around.  

Time: 3 minutes  

SECRET TIP 8: DISHES
Don't use them. Use plastic or paper and you won't have to.  

Time: 1 minute  

SECRET TIP 9: CLOTHES WASHING (EEWWW)
This secret tip is brought to you by an inventive teenager. When this teen's mother went on a housekeeping strike for a month, the teen discovered you can extend the life of your underwear by two ...if you turn it wrong side out and, yes, rerun it.  

CAUTION: This tip is recommended only for teens and those who don't care if they get in a car wreck.  

Time: 3 seconds  

SECRET TIP 10: IRONING
If an article of clothing doesn't require a full press and your hair does, a curling iron is the answer. In between curling your hair, use the hot wand to iron minor wrinkles out of your clothes. Yes, it really does work, or so I'm told, by other disciples of the 30-Minutes-To-A-Clean-House philosophy.  

Time: 5 minutes (including curling your hair)  

SECRET TIP 11: VACUUMING
Stick to the middle of the room, which is the only place people look. Don't bother vacuuming under furniture. It takes way too long and no one looks there anyway.  

Time: 5 minutes, entire house; 2 minutes, living room only  

SECRET TIP 12: LIGHTING
The key here is low, low, and lower. It's not only romantic, but bad lighting can hide a multitude of dirt.  

Time: 10 seconds  

SECRET TIP 13: BED MAKING
Get an old-fashioned waterbed. No one can tell if those things are made up or not, saving you, oh, hundreds of seconds over the course of a lifetime.  

Time: 0  

SECRET TIP 14: SHOWERS, TOILETS, AND SINKS
Forget one and two. Concentrate on three.  

Time: 1 minute  

SECRET TIP 15:
If you already knew at least 10 of these tips, don't even think about inviting a Martha Stewart type to your home  

IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
lovetrivia
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 5:29pm »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
IP Logged

Disney #1 Fan
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 5:57pm »

Dang, I4S.....you should have written this three days ago.  I've been cleaning for 3 days because a picky relative is coming for a visit.   #1 is still good.  I'm gonna close the door to the sewing/ironing room.  It stays a mess.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #38 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:10am »

Ok, it's not related to today's subject, but I had a huge laugh at this and had to share.  Saw this on another site:

DragonflyBlade21: A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 3:32am »

on Apr 21st, 2005, 4:07pm, Insane_4_Survivor wrote:
SECRET TIP 9: CLOTHES WASHING (EEWWW)
This secret tip is brought to you by an inventive teenager. When this teen's mother went on a housekeeping strike for a month, the teen discovered you can extend the life of your underwear by two ...if you turn it wrong side out and, yes, rerun it.  

CAUTION: This tip is recommended only for teens and those who don't care if they get in a car wreck.  

Time: 3 seconds  

This is what we call.. Side B.... hail from the sides of a casette tape.. after using Side A, go to side B... hehehe....  Ewww!!!!!  :rofl:
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

Re: Let's Laugh! Todays Topic - Golf
« Reply #40 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:03am »

I thought I'd have a topic for the guys today!

There was a foursome of ladies about to play a par three, 165 yards long. Suddenly, out from the trees beside the fairway .. a streaker ran across the open expanse of the fairway. In a gasp, one lady remarked "I think I know that guy .. isn't that Dick Green?" "No" replied another, "I think it's a reflection of the grass!"
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:07am by Insane 4 Survivor » IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:03am »

A hack golfer spends a day at a plush country club, playing golf & enjoying the luxury of a complimentary caddy. Being a hack golfer, he plays poorly all day. Round about the 18th hole, he spots a lake off to the left of the fairway. He looks at the caddy and says, "I've played so poorly all day, I think I'm going to go drown myself in that lake." The caddy looks back at him and says, "I don't think you could keep your head down that long."
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:04am »

The laws of golf

LAW 1: No matter how bad your last shot was, the worst is yet to come. This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer and, eventually, a lifetime.

LAW 2: Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst round ever. The probability of the latter increases with the number of people you tell about the former.

LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 4: Golf balls never bounce off of trees back into play. If one does, the tree is breaking a law of the universe and should be cut down.

LAW 5: No matter what causes a golfer to muff a shot, all his playing partners must solemnly chant "You looked up," or invoke the wrath of the universe.

LAW 6: The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an instructor.

LAW 7: Every par-three hole in the world has a secret desire to humiliate golfers. The shorter the hole, the greater its desire.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.

LAW 9: Palm trees eat golf balls.

LAW 10: Sand is alive. If it isn't, how do you explain the way it works against you?

LAW 11: Golf carts always run out of juice at the farthest point from the clubhouse.

LAW 12: A golfer hitting into your group will always be bigger than anyone in your group. Likewise, a group you accidentally hit into will consist of a football player, a professional wrestler, a convicted murderer and an IRS agent -- or some similar combination.

LAW 13: All 3-woods are demon-possessed.

LAW 14: Golf balls from the same "sleeve" tend to follow one another, particularly out of bounds or into the water (See Law three).

LAW 15: A severe slice is a thing of awesome power and beauty.

LAW 16: "Nice lag" can usually be translated to "lousy putt." Similarly, "tough break" can usually be translated "way to miss an easy one, sucker."

LAW 17: The person you would most hate to lose to will always be the one who beats you.

LAW 18: The last three holes of a round will automatically adjust your score to what it really should be.

LAW 19: Golf should be given up at least twice per month.

LAW 20: All vows taken on a golf course shall be valid only until the sunset
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:04am »

Religious battle golf

The Pope met with the College of Cardinals to discuss a proposal from Shimon Peres, the former leader of Israel. "Your holiness," said one of the Cardinals, "Mr. Peres wants to determine whether Jews or Catholics are superior, by challenging you to a golf match." The Pope was greatly disturbed, as he had never held a golf club in his life.  

"Not to worry," said the Cardinal, "we'll call America and talk to Jack Nicklaus. We'll make him a Cardinal, he can play Shimon Peres... We can't lose!" Everyone agreed it was a good idea. The call was made and, of course, Jack was honored and agreed to play.  

The day after the match, Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of his success in the match. "I came in second, your Holiness," said Nicklaus.  

"Second?!!" exclaimed the surprised Pope. "You came in second to Shimon Peres?!!"  

"No," said Nicklaus, "second to Rabbi Woods."
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:05am »

I did all of that?

After a particularly poor game of golf, a popular club member skipped the clubhouse and started to go home. As he was walking to the parking lot to get his car, a policeman stopped him and asked, "Did you tee off on the sixteenth hole about twenty minutes ago?"  

"Yes," the golfer responded.  

"Did you happen to hook your ball so that it went over the trees and off the course?"  

"Yes, I did. How did you know?" he asked.  

"Well," said the policeman very seriously, "Your ball flew out onto the highway and crashed through a driver's windshield. The car went out of control, crashing into five other cars and a fire truck. The fire truck couldn't make it to the fire, and the building burned down. So, what are you going to do about it?"  

The golfer thought it over carefully and responded...  

"I think I'll close my stance a little bit, tighten my grip and lower my right thumb."
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
Pages: all 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.