Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 11:20pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « LOST on DVD »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   LOST on DVD
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LOST on DVD  (Read 374 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

LOST on DVD
« on: Sep 3rd, 2005, 8:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is being released on Tuesday, September 6.  Cheesy
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
TooBoyz4us
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: LOST on DVD
« Reply #1 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 6:21pm »

I picked mine up last night!!! Cool Cool Cool

My family is planning  a marathon Lost watching day this Sunday.I can't wait  Grin
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 6:22pm »

COOL!!!  Sounds like fun!!!  After gas prices jumped up and I had TWO flat tires in one month - I'm having to wait for payday to go get mine... (next Thursday).  At least I can get it and check the "extras" before the new season starts.. Smiley
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 9:51am »

i ordered mine from Netflix, but they sent me Disc 4 before disc three.  So hopefully disc three will be there today Smiley And with any luck will have disc 5 by saturday and disc six by Tuesday, the entire season done before the new one starts YAY
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 10:57pm »

I bought mine this weekend... and have watched little else - I made my family sit down and watch Saturday night (since there was nothing on TV, and we were all at my parents house).  I've got my brother's whole family hooked and waiting for Wednesday night.. Cheesy

There wasn't time for them to watch all 24 hours before they had to leave Sunday morning, so I went through and picked the ones that I thought would best catch them up on the plot, and sort of explained the ones we skipped... we started watching about 5:00 Satuday evening, and watched until after midnight.  Considering no adverts, an episode lasts about 45mins.. so we got in enough for them to figure it out.  Watched the pilot and finale for sure, so they got the beginning and end.
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 2:33pm »

Anyone watched these with the commentaries on?  Been reading and found the article I'm posting below.  Also, the bit about viewing on a PC and it showing the script ... have to take them to school for that.. or buy a new PC... and really want a HDTV and surround sound system to watch these... this show is going to cost me a fortune.. LOL
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 2:34pm »

At last month's press party for the "Lost: The Complete First Season" DVD at the Turtle Bay Resort, cast member Daniel Dae Kim said that the seven-disc collection "rewards people who watch the show actively." As one of those active viewers captivated by this adventure-mystery TV drama, I found the rewards of watching the first season all over again -- without commercial interruption -- outweighs the promise of the special-features disc.

With the exception of the actors' audition tapes, a couple of un-aired flashback scenes and the short documentary "Welcome to Oahu: The Making of the Pilot," the special-features disc -- while enjoyable overall -- hardly lives up to its billing: "Essential Lost."
But for the series itself, do yourself a favor. If you haven't yet invested in one of those humongous home entertainment systems, this DVD set is a good enough excuse to do so -- a reason to fully immerse yourself in the high-definition, surround-sound experience.

Besides being an engaging and tightly scripted series, "Lost" is one of the most well-crafted dramas on television. Of the multiple Emmy nominations the series has received, it's no surprise that about half are for technical excellence. And it's no wonder that the bulk of the nominations are due to the superior work done on the ambitious two-part pilot. (Considering the quick casting process, and getting the jetliner parts flown to Oahu, it seems nearly miraculous that the pilot was pulled off in the first place.)

One of the neat things about watching the pilot episode with commentary by executive producers J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk is that Abrams occasionally halts a particular scene, and the DVD branches to a behind-the-scenes home-video look at that same scene, offering further explanation. A very cool move.

Another notable feature is a script scanner (accessible when the DVDs are played on a PC) that lets viewers follow along with the script.

Only three other commentaries round out this first set, highlighting the fine writing on the episodes "Walkabout," "The Moth" and "Hearts and Minds," as well as the featured acting of Emmy nominee Terry O'Quinn, Dominic Monaghan (whose easy demeanor was probably helped by having done multiple commentaries for "The Lord of the Rings' " home video sets), Maggie Grace and Ian Somerhalder.

More would've been great, but considering how quickly this DVD set is hitting store shelves -- just months after the first season was pau -- oh, well.

Everyone else in the cast is given a moment to shine, and it's a pleasure to re-evaluate their work. This is especially true of Kim and Yunjin Kim in the "House of the Rising Sun" episode, co-Emmy nominee Naveen Andrews in "Solitary," Evangeline Lilly in "Whatever the Case May Be," Monaghan again in "Homecoming" and Josh Holloway in "Outlaws."

So whether a purchase or a rental, your money's well spent on "Lost: The Complete First Season."

And second season, here we come!

- By Gary C.W. Chun, Honolulu Star Bulletin

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2005, 2:35pm by yesteach » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.