Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:02pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Abandoned (Shannon Episode) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Abandoned (Shannon Episode)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Abandoned (Shannon Episode)  (Read 1590 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Abandoned (Shannon Episode)
« on: Oct 15th, 2005, 8:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WILL BE REBROADCAST ON DECEMBER 21 AT 9ET/8CST (REGULAR LOST TIME).

There's no "synopsis" yet that's been "officially" posted... as this one won't air until the first of November (World Series is on).

Word is, this one is about Shannon and Boone and Shannon's father dying.  Supposedly Shannon's father was the "Mr. Rutherford" that died in the car accident with Jack's wife... another connection.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2005, 10:20am by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Abandoned (Shannon Episode)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:30pm »

3 weeks till Lost airs again.  Noooooooooooooo.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:31pm »

I'm guessing because of the World Series... no one wants new shows to compete with that..  Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 8th, 2005, 2:08pm »

Cool Cool Cool

Next Episode:  
Wednesday, Nov.9, 9/8c
"Abandoned"
Sawyer's wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke's interest in Claire.
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 9th, 2005, 10:13pm »

Wow, I actually started to like Shannon... and hated her step mom!!  Did you notice Jack in the background going by the doctor as he was telling Shannon's step about her father??  

Guess the big question now will be... did Ana Lucia shoot her in a panic?  Or was it intentional??  And where the heck is Cindy??

All in all a decent episode... like I said, it made me start to like Shannon, and actually felt a bit sorry for her...
IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 8:34am »

*strongly dislikes Ana Lucia and hopes she is next to go*

I also want to know where Cindy went!!
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 8:39am »

After re-watching this (I tape them all and re-watch them), I'm not sure Ana Lucia shot her.  The spoilers all said that the killer wouldn't be revealed until the end of November, week after next I think.  So, I'm wondering if they made it look like it was Ana Lucia, and in reality it was someone else?  Someone in the trees they heard and Ana Lucia was aiming for that person or something... of course no one will believe her... that is if Sayid lets her live long enough to tell her tale.. LOL.
IP Logged

Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:33am »

This can't be over because we still need the rest of Shannons story! How did she get the money for the flight? Why was Boone with her? Maybe she actually dies later.
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:36am »

RECAP from ABC:

Abandoned  
Air Date: 11/09/2005  
Our castaways may be stranded on an island, but human nature is a very powerful force. So when Sayid presents Shannon with a brand new shelter, we aren't exactly surprised when she invites him inside to spend the night. And until Sayid leaves to get them a drink of water, we might think that things are finally finding their way back to normal. But when Walt comes strolling into the tent, still dripping wet, any thought of normalcy goes flying straight out the hole in the tarp that serves as a window.  

Shannon screams at the top of her lungs but by the time Sayid gets to her, Walt has disappeared again. Half the beach is awake now and they all rush over. Sayid tells her (and everyone listening) that it was only a dream -- everything is fine. But the fact that Sayid publicly refutes her story leaves Shannon feeling angry and hurt. When Claire arrives with the baby, Charlie scolds her for waking the baby up and Claire actually apologizes.

In FLASHBACK, we see a younger Shannon and we're surprised to find her genuinely sweet and caring. She works as a ballet instructor, dreams of landing an internship with a prestigious dance company in New York and lives her life with the ease of someone who knows they have their bet covered. But when her father is killed in a car accident things go from bad to worse. In her father, she lost her best friend. And her relationship with her stepmother Sabrina isn't exactly what you might call loving. Boone does what he can to be there for her, but this type of grief takes time to process. Still, she soldiers on the best she can and even gets word about the internship in New York -- it's hers! There's just one problem -- the internship is unpaid and she doesn't seem to have any money. Her father always took care of that, so Shannon goes to see Sabrina to ask when she is getting the money left to her by her father in his will. And it's here that Shannon's world is turned completely upside down. Her father had no will. And through a living trust, all his assets go to his wife…Sabrina. Sabrina tells Shannon it's time to start taking care of herself -- that everyone has to work for what they have and that the free ride is over. And as Shannon is literally kicked out of the only home she has ever known we see the pain on her face and know she is being pushed down a path that will change her forever.

On the island, Claire finds herself more and more upset about having her parenting skills questioned by Charlie. As Locke helps her get the baby to sleep she rails against Charlie, admitting that she knows very little about him -- he could be a religious freak for all she knows. Why else would he carry a statue of the Virgin Mary around with him? And as this lands on Locke, we realize Charlie is walking a very dangerous line.

Halfway across the island, Ana Lucia and Mr. Eko are leading what remains of their party on a trek to join our castaways and unite the clans. They race against the clock of Sawyer's infection and the ever-present danger of the Others until silently and without warning, another of their clan simply disappears. Mistrust and paranoia reign as they fight their way through the jungle and into the driving rain -- never knowing they are on a collision course with tragedy just moments away.

And elsewhere, Sayid tries desperately to connect with Shannon, who has resorted to using Vincent to try and track Walt. When he finally catches up to her in the jungle, it's all he can do to prevent her from falling into hysterics. She tells him she knows he thinks she is crazy and that they found the message bottle from the raft. She knows he will leave her as soon as they are rescued. She knows this because everyone leaves her. So he should just go now. But Sayid tells her he believes her; promises her that he will never leave her no matter what happens. And then he says something neither of them thought they would ever hear or say again…He loves her. And as they fall into an embrace, Sayid sees something that couldn't be there. He sees Walt -- and Shannon doesn't know whether to be frightened or relieved. She takes off after him into the jungle and it takes a moment for Sayid to jar himself into action. But that second is all it takes for life on this island to take yet another tragic turn.
IP Logged

Frank Sinatra
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 10:48am »

Still don't like Ana Lucia.  Not at all.

Though I have been reading some interesting theories on the disappearance of Libby....need to rewatch the episode before i decide for sure.

I hope so I4S.  I don't think her story has been told fully yet.  There are other characters more done than Shannon.  

And next week is all backstory for the tailies, so its really not that long til we find out what really happened.

IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 11:21am »

Got home in time to see the last 20 minutes last night...

So, I guess Boone's vision last season of Shannon having been mauled by "the monster" wasn't prophetic, then?  In his vision, Shannon was lying by a creek or river, completely laid open after a mauling by the mysterious island monster.

I'm not convinced that we've seen the last of Shannon.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying she's not dead...but this is a very strange island where strange things happen.  The thought has occured to me that each person on the island might have a double.  Shannon might come back to people in very realistic visions.  

You heard it here first:  I think that eventually Ana Lucia and Sayid will fall in love.  He will detest her for quite a while but I think they might fall in love later.
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:11pm »

I disagree, I think she'll go after Jack, after their meeting in the airport... I think she was up to something then and she still is... also think there might be something between her and Sawyer... the chemistry between the two of them is really good, I think
IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:37pm »

Doesn't it seem weird that Shannon ran after Walt in the forest.  Why doesn't she just say, come on Walt, come here?  like talk with him? see what's going on.

Anyways, liked this episode.  It's really kind of creepy all that murmuring that goes on in the forest.  What I don't understand is that is like a warning the others are coming, but before I thought the others were kind of used the sneaky, silent tactic.  I'm pretty sure they took Cindy away.

And how did they make that stretcher so fast?  It looked pretty sturdy.  They are pretty resourceful for creating something like that out of their environment.

And how did Sayid build this big shack without even Shannon even knowing about it?

ETA: Scary post count number. Wink

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:38pm by Deekeryu » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:48pm »

LOL... yeah, when mine hit 666 - I made another post just because it creeped me out.. Cheesy

I found it interesting that the tailies got all beside themselves and ran when they heard the whispers.  None of the older group have been too freaked out by the whispers, then again, they've not actually been attacked by the others either.

By the way, incase anyone wondered, Walt said "They're coming" and "They're close" just before Shannon took off after him.  At first I thought the others... but now I wonder if "they" are the tailies... ??
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2005, 5:53pm by yesteach » IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 9:37am »

I don't think AnA Lucia killed Shannon.  There are screen caps, I will have to dig them up, that show a rifle, not a handgun

Now who do we know on the island that has a rifle...hmmmmm
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.