Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:04pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Monster »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Monster
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Monster  (Read 2612 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

The Monster
« on: Jan 12th, 2006, 11:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This site has some great high-def screen caps of the "monster."  Anyone else notice the faces?  I was looking because I knew they'd be there after the "face" that appeared in the one Jack, Locke and Kate saw... but I don't have high def TV and didn't see them... can't wait til the epi is on iTunes so I can download it and actually SEE this stuff!

Check it out if you missed it.. very cool
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

Re: The Monster
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:21am »

whoa whoa whoa

back up a sec LOL

Locke, Kate and Jack saw?  Are you talking about the episode where they went to the black rock? Wasn't hurley with them?  

There was a  face in there??  Do you have shot of that one by anychance?
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:29am »

yep, I'll see if I can find a screen cap of it... it was when Locke was going down the hole and the smoke was right in front of Jack and Kate.. you could see the face and eyes just before it took off
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:30am »

holy crap.  If this is for real....(not only do I not have Hi Def TV, i also dont have cable and ABC is of course our worst channel, so all i saw of the monster was black fuzz)  This is totally awesome though.

So now this begs the quesion, what does it all mean

edited to add:
wait a sec, so does this mean there are TWo monsters on the island? Or is this what the french lady referred to as the security system? Is this the same thing Locke Saw Originally, he seemed to have a similar reaction as Eko
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:33am by AoM » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 11:24am »

Common thought is (at least at The Fuselage and the ABC boards) that the "smoke" is actually a swarm of nanobots.  I'm guessing it's the same thing as the security system.  The biggest  question now is... does the person (Eko, Locke, etc.) see the stuff in the "smoke" OR is it an image of what the bots are reading in their mind (i.e. is it what the bot sees?)

I'm at school, and not had time to go searching for the pic this morning, but I'll try to get to it this afternoon...  
IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:59pm »

Nanobots?  please explain.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 2:26pm »

nano robots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanobot
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 9:53am »

OK, the first picture, if you look you can see the outline of a face on the left side just where it's starting to get darker in the trees.  The second one, if you look just to the right of the gray shape on the right, you can see a man with a white shirt and a black jacket, sort of reminds me of Jack's father.  Many have thought that entire "puff of smoke" looked like a face, with the lighter part being the "eyes" of the monster..

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayim age&album=486&pos=617

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayim age&album=486&pos=670
IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:29pm »

I really can't see the face or the guy with the white shirt and black jacket.  Unless someone else agrees with me, it must be my eyes.
IP Logged
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 1:16pm »

I can see where having a big screen, HDTV would help spot these things.  I am not good at seeing them, at all.
IP Logged
nancy2
ForumsNet Member
USA 

nanny   nanny
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 4:49pm »

All I see is a black mist. I'm looking for the guy and the face, but I can't seem to find them either.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 12:49pm »

It's easy to spot them in the iTunes download of 23rd Psalm.  I downloaded it and watched this morning... you can see the flashes, almost looks like lightning in the cloud of "smoke".. but when you do slow motion, frame by frame... you can see the images pop up clearly.  Also, when you watch regular speed and see the flash, it sounds like a "click".. it's almost like the "smoke" is taking pictures of the images in his head... ??

I saw 8 images, in this order -  
the church,

the old man Eko shot,  

the gun,  

the man who took him as a boy,  

a woman in a flowered dress (I don't remember seeing this woman in the episode and I went back and looked for her... she's not there.  I wonder if this is someone from his past we've not seen yet.. also, she looks pregnant to me in the image),  

the man with the gold tooth who kicked him off the plane,  

Eko and Yemi just after Yemi is shot by the military and his head is on Eko's shoulder,  

and a crucifix.
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 3:44pm »

I can see the guy in the white jacket, but not the face in the first one.
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: May 25th, 2007, 4:17pm »

Sorry for bumping this topic up, new fan here. Cheesy

on Jan 13th, 2006, 11:24am, yesteach wrote:
Common thought is (at least at The Fuselage and the ABC boards) that the "smoke" is actually a swarm of nanobots.

This was my first thought when I first clearly saw the "monster". My sister also agreed with me. It helped that we read Michael Crichton's "Prey". If you read that book, you'd think LOST borrowed Crichton's ideas!

Also, the nanobot swarm in Prey can form a shape and even appear as human. My sister and I are thinking all the apparitions the Losties are seeing in the island are made by the "monster", changing its appearance to look like something it's not.

Of course since I'm 2 to 3 years late this might be posted on another site I haven't visited. LOL
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2007, 4:17pm by JP » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 26th, 2007, 7:14am »

That's pretty much becoming the common thot, that the monster (who is on the dharma map as Cerberus) is taking the form of the visions - jack's dad, eko's brother, kate's horse, etc...

where are you now JP, episode wise?
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.