Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 25th, 2024, 7:57pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The numbers. »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The numbers.
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The numbers.  (Read 518 times)
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

The numbers.
« on: Sep 13th, 2006, 11:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did anyone else read the article about LOST in the TV Guide in which it told about the numbers?  

Is it for realHuh I am going to search for some information on it and post it.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

Re: The numbers.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 1:41pm »

yea post the article
IP Logged
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 2:02pm »

Once I get home, I will scan it in.  

In a nut shell they said the numbers represent death. The United Nations figured it out. An organization (can't remember who) started the Darma Initiative to figure out how to stop it.

IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 9:28pm »

Yep, that's for real... surprised that it's being published in TV Guide... it was phase three of The Lost Experience ARG this summer.  They JUST finished the last bit of the video, and it's in TV Guide already...  

Basically, the information comes from a video that was part of the ARG.  It's another Orientation Video that was made by DHARMA (it also tells what DHARMA stands for in the video).  The video is "hosted" by Alvar Hanso himself.  He tells about DHARMA, how it started, what it is.. etc.  He talks about the Valenzetti Equation (another book by Gary Troup - The Bad Twin)... the video was released in fragments using glyphs which had to be entered at the Hanso Exposed website... because I have dial up and it takes for freakin ever to load, I've had to depend on the techno-geeks that put the together and posted them on YouTube.

The last part of the video is a guy from Hanso (don't remember which one), but he's talking to the people who just watched the film, talking about Hanso Foundation... and that's when he realizes that he's being video taped by someone... and it becomes a run, get chased thing... I'm guessing it's Rachel Blake (Act II of the Lost Experience.. Rachel's Blog)  Rachel's appearance at Comic Con was the beginning of Act III and the glyphs (some of the actors were wearing bracelets with glyphs on them during the forum at Comic Con).  

The final glyphs are on the wrappers of the Apollo Candy bars that are being distributed in the US and UK (not sure if they have them anywhere else).  Suppoedly now the video is finished... but I've not found one on YouTube with all 70 fragments yet.  You might go search for Hanso Exposed and see if you can find one.. they are usually listed like 59/70 which means it has 59 of the 70 fragments.  Also, they weren't released in order.. it was sort of like a video jigsaw puzzle.. once you got the clip, you had to figure out where it went in the video... very "techie" stuff... hence my reason for watching on YouTube rather than attempting to do it by myself...  

I got curious and went to check...here's a complete video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

:-D
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006, 10:38pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.