Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:49pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Rumours of Death (SPOILER) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Rumours of Death (SPOILER)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rumours of Death (SPOILER)  (Read 1134 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Rumours of Death (SPOILER)
« on: Nov 25th, 2006, 12:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huge Lost Rumor Can't Be True—or Can It?!  Nov. 16, 2006 4:47 PM

Matthew Fox is going to be killed off Lost.

If you've been anywhere near a Lost fansite this week, chances are you've heard this rumor and have initially dismissed it, thinking, "Pshaw! He's the freaking lead of the show! They can't kill off Matthew Fox!"

But with this seemingly ludicrous rumor persisting, even the most disbelieving fan can't help but wonder, Wait a minute...could it actually be true?

Of course, at this point, only a handful of people know for sure if it's true that Jack Shepard will be meeting his maker when the show returns in February—including, of course, Lost's maker, Damon Lindelof. So, since I've never been one for patience, I went to the loveable genius of a producer himself to get the word on these Jack-out (I nearly typed something else) rumors.

And, tubers, I hope you're sitting down. 'Cause here's what Lindelof tells me exclusively:

"This is the most insane rumor regarding Lost to date. The fact that you think we might do it is incredibly flattering."

Now, if you're like me, your heart leaped, then sank, upon hearing these words. While it might seem a denial at first—oh, dear friends, how it is not. To the contrary, Lindelof finds the idea that they'd be brave enough to kill off our fearless, Other-defying leader (gasp!) flattering.

All I can say is: Run, Jack, run for your liiife!

Don't forget this is the same man who told us it was "absolutely not true" that Michelle Rodriguez would be killed off for bad behavior. She was killed off, but not for bad behavior. Tricky, tricky.

Meanwhile, along with Lindelof's statement, there are a few factual snippets that could point to a Foxy demise:

* Spoiler alert! We know Juliet shoots someone on the beach in an upcoming episode—and it is supposedly a huge plot point. Eeek!
    * We know Matthew Fox stars in a new movie called We Are Marshall, (sadly, not an Alias spinoff) which is already starting to get a few whispers here and there of the big O word. (Not Oprah. The awards one. Word is his performance is that good.) So, it stands to reason that Foxy could want to move on to a big, fancy film career.
    * We know that in the primary genesis of Lost, the initial plan was to kill off Jack by the end of the first episode. Of course, that was when a guest star like Michael Keaton would be playing him, but still, the idea was to prove to viewers that this is a show where anything can happen—a statement that could certainly give the show new life/buzz/ratings in its third season.  

And, well, jeez. That said, I can't believe I'm about to utter these words, but it might actually not be all that bad...

Am I being crazy? I am, aren't I?  

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=2540f9a1-dfd6- 4c1e-b7a9-ee5178514351
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

Re: Rumours of Death (SPOILER)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 11:59pm »

Jack isn't going anywhere~ If they wanted him gone they would have killed him off the very first episode.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10th, 2007, 6:53pm »

ok... maybe i'm more stressed than i know... i don't remember posting this!? matter of fact don't even recall having ever read it!! i'm losing my mind Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13th, 2007, 10:23am »

on Feb 10th, 2007, 6:53pm, yesteach wrote:
ok... maybe i'm more stressed than i know... i don't remember posting this!? matter of fact don't even recall having ever read it!! i'm losing my mind Sad

its ok, i lost my mind years ago~  

IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28th, 2007, 3:22pm »

I'm a new LOST fan (2 years late? lmao) and I think this thread deserves a bump, especially after I read about the stickied Season Finale thread. (unless these spoilers pertain to a past season  Embarassed )
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 28th, 2007, 5:26pm »

Nope they're about this season... they were earlier in the year when another character was killed off (won't tell you who since you're just starting to watch - and prepare to be addicted!!)  However, spoilers now are saying there will be several deaths in the next few weeks.. and I'm seriously thinking Jack could be one of them..  

I do think, based on what's happened lately... either Jack, Locke or Sawyer (PLEASE don't let it be Sawyer... he's just SUCH good 'eye candy') is going to be killed off before the end of the year...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.