Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « DAREDEVIL »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   DAREDEVIL
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DAREDEVIL  (Read 5697 times)
david

Email

DAREDEVIL
« on: Mar 24th, 2003, 12:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Was anyone else who saw Daredevil as appalled as I? I in my younger years read the Daredevil comic. Allow me to give you some brief background Matt Murdock inspired by his Father's murder decides to uphold the Law as an Attorney while using his super abilties to catch bad guys also to uphold the law. His arch Enemy is "The Kingpin" a maifia type leader of crime in city. Now Daredevil upholds the law and values it that is why he is a Lawyer. In this movie Daredevil kills or allows at least three persons to die! I took my six year old son to see this movie thinking it would be like the comic much like movies like Superman, Batman and Spiderman were. I had to explain after leaveing theater how wrong this movie was and how Daredevil (in this film) was bnot the REAL DEAL. If you recall other movies i mentioned although villians and others die it is never at the hands of the heros! Stan Lee (Marvel Comics) should SUE! If the movie makers wanted a hero that willingly kills there are some (I state sadly) heros who do kill in the comics The Punisher is one who comes to mind. In this world of few true heros and movies with heros that kill like RAMBO I had hoped a comic Hero would be safe to take my children to see. I see if the future when taking my children to see a comic strip hero film i will check into it further. The Hulk will be out soon you can bet I will check on it before taking my children!
IP Logged
triggerr20
ForumsNet Member

R&C i lyk

triggerr20  
View Profile

Re: DAREDEVIL
« Reply #1 on: Jun 9th, 2003, 12:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I heard during an interview that the makers of the movie wanted to show Daredevil's transition from someone who carries out justice without sympathy to someone who learns to forgive even his worst enemies which was shown when he defeated kingpin.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 9th, 2003, 9:57am »

That may well be true but as a former reader of Daredevil this does completly againist everything written in comic. Yes I understand many comic heroes are portrayed different from Comic but this change is NIGHT AND DAY!
IP Logged
triggerr20
ForumsNet Member

R&C i lyk

triggerr20  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13th, 2003, 9:37am »

I agree that the storyline is very different from the comics although I've only read a summaries of Daredevil and Elektra stories.  I was a little disappointed too.  Since I assume you're a DD fanatic, can you please tell me what DD's weapon really is?  Is it the same in the movie?   Seeing his images in the comics I used to think he was carrying a dynamite stick which I thought was absurd so I didn't really like him.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13th, 2003, 10:52am »

His weapon is a baton/cane yes and elecktra is Daredevils lover/villain. But the anser is yes the "Stick" is his weapon but his best asset is his hightened senses he can ever hear ones heartbeat and know when they are lieing. The use of rain inorder for him to see Eleckta's face was a stroke of genius I might add. I was disappointed that they chose to make The Kingpin a African American in comic Kingpind (Wilton Fisk) is a VERY large white man. Normally these movies tend to make characters appearences similar to comic so I was caught off guard on this one. Bullseye was right on target he truly can make a weapon out almost anything. But thing I found most replusive was Daredevils murdeous attitude toward those he fought (until Kingpin) this was completely againist character created by Marvel. Matts Father died because of his honesty and that influences young Matt to stand up for what is right. so Matt becomes a crime fighter Lawyer/ Hero but working within the Law not breaking the laws he has vowed to protect and his Father died for! I doubt I will watch sequel!
IP Logged
triggerr20
ForumsNet Member

R&C i lyk

triggerr20  
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 27th, 2003, 7:58am »

I think they're already planned to make the sequel.  They're also planned to do a spin-off movie of Elektra which is interesting since there hasn't been a superhero movie that is led by a woman aside from Tomb Raider.  Anyway, I won't expect them to follow the comic version either.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29th, 2003, 9:23am »

Ther has been talks about doing Wonder Woman for the movies with Sandra Bullock as the lead! Cool
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29th, 2003, 10:56am »

At one point they were in talks with Joanie Laurer (she was the wrestler Chyna on WWF) for the role.  I thought physically she would have been great in it.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30th, 2003, 3:29pm »

I was unaware of that her build is better suited for the role
IP Logged
username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 1st, 2003, 7:29am »

What rating is this movie.  I'm not sure if it's suitable for children.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
david

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 1st, 2003, 9:36am »

Daredevil was PG I believe
IP Logged
username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 1st, 2003, 11:31pm »

What does that mean?  Is it IIA or IIB??   I cannot watch any III movies because I'm under 18.  I is suitable for everyone.  Most movies I watch are either I or IIA.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 1st, 2003, 11:58pm »

PG Means "parental guidance suggested" which means it might have some swearing or violence in it, but nothing that requires you to be 18 to watch.
IP Logged
username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:04am »

That's good.  I can watch that one.  I will ask my father.  I'm not sure whether I can get a copy of it or rent one.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
david

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 2nd, 2003, 8:31am »

If you have read the DD comic at all you may NOT like this film. You have been warned lol
IP Logged
triggerr20
ForumsNet Member

R&C i lyk

triggerr20  
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jul 9th, 2003, 7:19am »

A movie for catwoman is already planned and I think Halle Berry will be cast as the heroine.  The Punisher movie will be out next year.  There's already a movie poster and it stars Thomas Jane.  You can remember him from 'The Sweetest Thing' last year and 'Dreamcatcher' earlier this year.  Keanu Reeves is planned to play Constantine and Leo DiCaprio as a possible Iron Man.  A lot of marvel movies to look out for.  Smiley
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 9th, 2003, 8:37am »

Dicaprio as Iron Man  :dizzy: say it aint so!!
IP Logged
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jul 13th, 2003, 1:11am »

i saw this one recently at the second run theatre and was so disappointed...can we say overacting?  Wink   Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2003, 1:11am by east » IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
david

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 13th, 2003, 9:54am »

Yes we can Wink
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 13th, 2003, 10:04am »

on Jul 13th, 2003, 9:54am, david wrote:
Yes we can Wink

I can't even read this without mentally hearing it in the Bob the Builder voice...  Lips Sealed

Can you tell I have small children?  Grin
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 13th, 2003, 10:17am »

Yes lol and so do I I get "wiggles songs stuck in my head all day :gag:
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.