Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « Still no Man Of Steel... »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Still no Man Of Steel...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Still no Man Of Steel...  (Read 1465 times)
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

Still no Man Of Steel...
« on: Jun 4th, 2003, 10:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

June 4, 2003: Hartnett Turned Down Superman Four Times
Zap2It.com reports that Josh Hartnett was approached four times to take on the role of Superman in the up-coming movie, but turned it down every time. Here's an excerpt from the article...
Superman may be the ultimate superhero, but Josh Hartnett could care less. The 24-year-old actor reveals that he turned down the role in Warner Bros.' planned "Superman" feature not once but four times.

"It just wasn't the kind of movie that I wanted to do," he explains to Zap2it.com while doing press for his upcoming film, "Hollywood Homicide." "They offered me the role while I was shooting 'Hollywood Homicide.' I said no. They offered it to me again, I said no. They offered it to me again, I said no. They offered it to me again, I said no."

"I just didn't want to play Superman and I've turned down all of the other superhero movies too," Hartnett says.

Read the complete report at the Zap2It.com website.

IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
david

Email

Re: Still no Man Of Steel...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13th, 2003, 3:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So who would be some of your choices? I like the following as possibles in no special order

1.Evan Marriot
2.Ben Afleck (he needs to redeem himself after playing Daredevil)
3.Dean Cain
4.Nicholas Cage (he loves comic heros but maybe too old)
those are ones who come to mind what about yours?
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14th, 2003, 1:06am »

Evan has the look, but I'm not certain he can act well enough to carry off the role.  It needs to be someone who looks the part, but is also charismatic.  I thought Christopher Reeves was great in the role and it will be a hard comparison to live up to, especially now that he's so beloved.  

My first choice would be Dean Cain.  He's already associated with the role and did a pretty good job playing a young superman.  The only place where I see he really failed was his Clark Kent was not nerdy enough.  CR played such a great nerdy and bumbling Kent.  Cage is too old and Ben Affleck has too much hype, too much name/face recognition.  I think his hype is bigger than the role and it would really overshadow and detract from the movie for me.  I would never be able to think of him as Superman, I'd still keep seeing him as Ben Affleck.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14th, 2003, 8:20am »

good point and yes I dont know how well Evan can act but he does have look and yes your right CR played nerdy Clark so well it will be hard to find another as good
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17th, 2003, 1:34am »

well... too bad... i hope.... they could soon find the best actor to fit the character...  though... what seems to be their plan for the film would counter some details in the original Superman movie played by CR...
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
david

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17th, 2003, 8:58am »

I think this one is taking place later in superman's career possibly during "The Death of Superman" portion of comic and after he comes back from being dead! I think I read something to that effect. One thing is for sure whoever they get to play Superman/Clark has some tough shoes to fill!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.