Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « Mr. Ray Sues Pixar Over Name »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Mr. Ray Sues Pixar Over Name
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mr. Ray Sues Pixar Over Name  (Read 757 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Aug 24th, 2003, 11:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thu, Jul 24, 2003, 12:07 PM PT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - What do you do when your fans confuse you with a fish?  

If you're Ray Yodlowsky, you sue the Walt Disney Company and Pixar Animation Studios for $10 million dollars, according to the AP.  

Yodlowsky, a New Jersey children's musician known for songs such as "Kalien the Alien" and "Roy G. Biv," goes by the moniker Mr. Ray for his work. In a strange coincidence, this also happens to be the name of a manta ray that plays a schoolteacher in the animated hit "Finding Nemo."  

Fans are already mixing up the two Mr. Rays. At a recent performance, Yodlowsky reports that fans expected him to be dressed as a manta ray.  

"It's weird," the musician says. "I'm a human ... that's a manta ray. People must be thinking I'm nuts. But it's my future, and who knows what plans they have for their Mr. Ray? Believe you me, children remember all the minor and secondary characters from those movies."  

The lawsuit claims that Pixar's use of the name Mr. Ray would "obliterate and destroy" Yodlowsky's reputation and the market for his products.  

Yodlowsky compares his dilemma to that of director Spike Lee, who sued and settled with Viacom Inc. over ownership rights to his professional name when the media conglomerate decided to rename its TNN network "Spike TV."  

The Pixar movie "Finding Nemo," distributed by Disney, has taken in over $300 million dollars at the box office.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.