Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 12:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « 'Firefly' Gets New Life on Big Screen »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   'Firefly' Gets New Life on Big Screen
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 'Firefly' Gets New Life on Big Screen  (Read 475 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Sep 4th, 2003, 11:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

(Thursday, September 04 09:06 AM)  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Joss Whedon's 'Firefly' didn't burn very brightly on television, so he's taking the story to the movies.

Whedon will write and direct a big-screen version of the sci-fi western for Universal Pictures, with production scheduled to begin in early 2004. The movie will mark his feature-film directorial debut.

"Ever since the show went off the air, our fan base has grown even more," Christopher Buchanan, president of Whedon's production company, Mutant Enemy, tells The Hollywood Reporter. "We've had tremendous outpouring from the U.S. and Canada as well as the U.K."

Whedon hopes to reunite the cast of the show and introduce new characters in the feature film. Plot details are being kept quiet for now, but the story will likely be wider in scope while keeping in line with the "Firefly" mythology.
By taking "Firefly" to theaters, Whedon is tracking the opposite course to that of his breakthrough, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," which was a not-too-well-received movie before becoming a cult hit on television. "Firefly" had a passionate but too-small audience for FOX to keep it on the air last season; it lasted only 12 episodes.

Universal recently picked up the rights to the project from 20th Century Fox TV, where the series was produced. A DVD set of the series, including three episodes filmed but never aired, is due in December.

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: 'Firefly' Gets New Life on Big Screen
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2003, 11:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I, for one, am thrilled to read this.  Firefly is a show that I thought was "ok" after watching the first episode, but decided to go back because there was nothing else better on at the time and it wasn't terrible, and darned if it didn't get remarkably better each week.  By the time they cancelled it was a show I looked forward to each week and was very disappointed that it ended.

I can see how this tv series would translate into a good movie, and I encourage you to see it, if you didn't watch the tv show or even if you caught the start of the show and decided it wasn't worth it.  It really did grow and get better.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.