Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 6:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « x-Men 3 »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   x-Men 3
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: x-Men 3  (Read 1343 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

x-Men 3
« on: May 21st, 2006, 3:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

going this afternoon to get my tickets for the midnight showing... woohoo... Cheesy
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

Re: x-Men 3
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2006, 4:07pm »

My friends and I are planning to see this movie next week. Not sure yet tho. We have to see if we all have the day off on Sunday.  Tongue
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 21st, 2006, 10:35pm »

I hope this will be as good as Xmen2 or much better.. Cheesy
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 22nd, 2006, 9:23pm »

The trailers are awesome... just hope the movie lives up to the trailer... too often they put all the good stuff in the trailer and make it look better than it is... my dd is going to the midnight show... I decided to wait and go Friday, since I have to work Thursday and I'm out Friday...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 26th, 2006, 5:54am »

My daughter went to the midnite showing last night... and said the movie is just awesome!!  Can't wait to see it.. was going to day, but still have work to get finished at school.. so I guess I have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday... if I'm gonna have to wait anyway, I might put it off til Monday, since I won't have to work, and there'd likely be less crowds!.. Sad
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 26th, 2006, 5:06pm »

It's getting very mixed reviews, it seems that people either loved it or hated it, but the list of reviews is about 50-50 from what I have seen.  I'm going to see it either way...
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 26th, 2006, 5:37pm »

Well, we may not be the most impartial judges, as we loved the first two... and the only thing that kept me from going to the midnight show was the fact that I was so exhausted from the end of school stuff...
IP Logged

Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: May 28th, 2006, 3:33pm »

seen the film last saturday... in my opinion it didn't reach the appreciation that i got from Xmen2...

uhmm anyways.. for those who have seen Xmen3, I heard there was still a scene that was shown after the credits... is this true? anybody can confirm?
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: May 29th, 2006, 10:18am »

Yes there was! It was a good thing I heard an office mate mention it. When the film ended I told my friends that there might be something in the end, and there was!

I love the movie. Maybe it's because it has that "armageddon" feeling like in Independence Day or The Day After Tomorrow. The special effects are superb, there's a lot of drama and subplots that could be developed into a new movie. There's one thing that's very out-of-place IMO: Angel. Aside from the fact that his father made the mutant suppressor medicine, he doesn't have much role at all. He was prominent in the ads, but in the movie his role seems small.  

I'm surprised at what Kitty (what's her X-Men name? Shadowcat?) can do! I thought walking through walls was lame until she was shown in action. I especially love her dragging Juggernaut down through the ground!  Cheesy

Magneto moving that bridge!  Shocked

I might have to watch X2 again because right now I think X3 is the best yet.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 29th, 2006, 6:31pm »

uhmm... they just forgot one detail in the film... when magneto dropped the Golden Gate bridge on Alcatraz, the sun is still setting, but when Magneto and his brotherhood starts walking down the bridge it went dark...   hehehe...
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 1:51pm »

So you like movie mistakes, eh?
Check out http://www.moviemistakes.com/film5444

Quote:
Factual error: Take a look at Google Earth - the section of the Golden Gate Bridge Magneto breaks off (tower to tower, with a bit of overhang, 0.9 miles at most, more like 0.85) is not long enough to reach Alcatraz - the two closest points are 0.96 miles apart, and that's the very end of a pier, which most likely couldn't support the weight of the bridge anyway.

Continuity: In the forest of the Brotherhood, when Wolverine first extends his claws, the sleeve of his leather jacket can be seen above his fist. Despite the fact that he never is seen taking it off, he is only wearing a tank top a second later.

Plot hole: Somehow, Angel manages to get from Upstate New York to San Francisco, just in time to save his father. Of course, this takes place about half an hour after the other X-Men arrive in a super sonic jet. Even with some feathery wings, that's quite a distance in such a short time.

Revealing: In the scene in the laboratory under the mansion, when Wolverine confronts Jean about Cyclops, there is a close up shot of Wolverine's hand holding Cyclops' glasses. In this shot there is a small cut visible on Wolverine's hand - his healing power should not allow this.

Continuity: After Beast hits Magneto with the four needles, they change place. Submitted by Dr Wilson

Continuity: When Magneto lands the Golden Gate Bridge on the island, as it hits land it is still very light. The Brotherhood start to walk forwards onto the island, it cuts to a wide shot of them still moving forwards on the bridge, and it's suddenly dark.

Continuity: In the scene where Magneto and Charles Xavier are in Jean Grey's house (when she is older and making everything around her float in the air), watch the book shelf when it falls down. At least 25 books fall out of the top shelf and in the next few shots you see that the number of books fallen has minimized greatly.

Plot hole: When the troops start mobilising to attack the Brotherhood, they make a big show of removing 'all metal' from their gear. However, multiple times the soldiers are shown using radio equipment built into their helmets. Even if they replaced everything they could with plastic, electronic impulses still require metallic wire to operate, and since in X2 Magneto made good use of iron injected into someone's bloodstream, a decent collection of wires would definitely have been enough for him to use to kill the troops.

Continuity: As the scene where Angel is about to get the "cure" in the San Francisco skyscraper, you can see the reflection of San Francisco in the outside of the building - a huge hill with lots of buildings, and a large white tower at the very top. But when the camera switches to inside the building, looking outside, the view has suddenly changed to a view of the bay, and Alcatraz.

Continuity: When Storm confronts Wolverine when he's leaving, his position changes between shots. From over her shoulder, he's much closer then when the shot is over his shoulder. Submitted by SexyIrishLeprechaun

Continuity: When Magneto is leading the Brotherhood across the Golden Gate Bridge, Jean is walking to his far left. In the following shots, Jean jumps to Magneto's far right. Submitted by Steph_Jared

Continuity: During the final battle, Magneto pulls cars up from the bridge behind him and catapults them onto the island. However, in later wide shots we can see behind him and the bridge is still jammed solid with vehicles. Submitted by Jon Sandys

Continuity: Towards the end, when Wolverine looks down and sees the cartridge of the cure on the ground, 4 needles are visible in it. The next shot of it, with no-one touching it in the meantime, only 3 are visible.

Continuity: When racing to the room where Jean Grey and Professor X fought, Wolverine's claws are fully extended. In the next shot, when he drops to his knees, his claws are suddenly sheathed, with not enough time passing or sound to indicate he retracted them.

Revealing: In one shot during the scene where Bobby and Kitty are skating on the frozen fountain, Bobby's skates can be seen to be metal covered in ice, rather than the solid ice we saw when he made them.

Continuity: In a scene where Logan pulls out the two horns from his stomach, the camera shows two holes on the singlet as part as his wounds. In the following scenes, the holes of the t-shirt have recovered (I know Logan has healing ability, but not his clothes).
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 1st, 2006, 10:07pm »

I didn't know there are so many mistakes in X-men 3! But i don't care either.

I'm not a X-men fan, but i have to say that this is one of those movies that was able to get me going throughout the movie and want to know more of what will happen next.

My rating for this will be 8/10 probably, not the best, but definitely a must watch if i must say.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 3rd, 2006, 3:55pm »

finally got to go see this today... been trying to find time for the past week... quite good, typical x-men fare... my dd laughed at me because I cried at Xavier's funeral..  Embarassed

And previews for The Omen.. looked AWESOME!!!  I love all the old Omen movies.. can't wait to see this one..
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2006, 3:55pm by yesteach » IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 4th, 2006, 8:04am »

(Semi-spoilerish - I don't name names, but I refer to some events)

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I would say it deviated a fair amount from the actual comics, although more of it was accurate than people might think.  Only one of the deaths (the first one in the film) was not accurate to the comics.  That character did not die in this manner.  The second death, along with the hidden scene after the credits were correct to the books.  The 3rd death was also accurate, but not in that exact manner, in the comics that character destroyed themself deliberately, rather than someone externally stopping them, after seeing what they had become.  I'm trying to not give away any secrets while talking about it, lol.  

One of the things that struck me was the facial expressions of the little boy who plays the "cure".  He maybe said a word or two in the film, but his eyes watching out his tiny window were so soulful, without being over the top at any point. The physical stuff is often the hardest to get down or come across naturally on.  He has a long career ahead of him if he wants it.
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 5:13pm »

I heard the DVD has 3 alternate endings. I have to rent it.  Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.