Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 8:44pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Sex and the City »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Sex and the City
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sex and the City  (Read 2149 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Sex and the City
« Reply #15 on: Sep 12th, 2002, 7:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fans Brought Sex and the City Hunk Back  
World Entertainment News Network

When SEX AND THE CITY heart throb JOHN CORBETT completed his season on the hit show, he thought it was his last - but fans of the show had other ideas.

Corbett, who plays CARRIE BRADSHAW's on-off fiancé AIDAN, made such an impression on viewers that they lobbied producers to bring him back.

He says, "After one season of Sex and the City, that was supposed to be it for him. I said goodbye to SARAH JESSICA PARKER and the rest of the cast. But then the fans wanted Aidan back."

And Corbett reveals that some viewers find it hard to distinguish between fiction and real life. Many fans still stop him in the street and call him by his character's name.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 19th, 2002, 10:19am »

Sex and the City Star Nearly Didn't Take the Part  
World Entertainment News Network  

SEX AND THE CITY heart-throb JOHN CORBETT nearly missed out on the part of AIDAN SHAW - because of the nude scenes.

The 41-year old actor had to be persuaded by SARAH JESSICA PARKER herself before he signed up to play CARRIE BRADSHAW's love interest.

He says, "I turned the part down about three times because there was quite a bit of nudity in the first script. I don't do that." However, Corbett was swayed when he met actress Parker, who allayed his fears.

He recalls, "They asked me to come to New York and meet Sarah Jessica. I hadn't seen the show, so I got three tapes and loved what I saw and thought Sarah Jessica was great.

"I went to her home and she answered the door. She didn't have any make-up on, her feet were bare and she was wearing jeans. We had a chat and she put my fears about the nudity to rest. She said, 'Listen, I don't do nudity, so you won't be doing any.' We hit it off and she talked me into doing the show."  
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 30th, 2002, 8:22am »

'Sex and the City' Star Parker Has First Child
Tue, Oct 29, 2002 02:39 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker can now add "mom" to her resumé.

Parker, 37, and husband Matthew Broderick, 40, welcomed their first child, a boy, into the world early Monday (Oct. 28). Parker gave birth at a New York hospital.

The boy weighs 6 pounds, 8 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches long. He and his parents are doing fine, the couple's spokesperson tells Zap2it. Contrary to some reports, Parker and Broderick haven't settled on a name yet.

Parker's pregnancy shortened the fifth season of HBO's "Sex and the City" to eight episodes instead of the typical 13. The actress, who's also an executive producer of the series, didn't want the pregnancy written into the show's storyline.  

Parker will return for "Sex's" sixth season next year. Broderick will next be seen in ABC's adaptation of "The Music Man," scheduled for February.

The baby Broderick will likely have some company if he visits the "Sex and the City" set. Cynthia Nixon, Parker's co-star, is expecting her second child later this year.  

« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2002, 8:22am by Rhune » IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 3rd, 2002, 10:30am »

Parker Names Son, Takes Him Home
Fri, Nov 1, 2002 05:04 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker went home with her new bundle of joy on Friday (Nov. 1), recently named James Wilke Broderick.

Born Monday, the 6-pound, 8-ounce baby boy was named after his paternal grandfather, "Family" actor James Broderick who died in 1981.

According to the AP, Parker and husband Matthew Broderick posed with their sleeping son for around 100 photographers who had camped outside of Lenox Hill Hospital.

"Thanks for caring," Parker quipped. "It must be a slow news week."  

The happy new mom went on to say that the newest addition to their family is "perfect" and that everyone is doing fine.  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 6th, 2002, 2:39pm »

'Sex and the City' Star: Next Season Is It
Wed, Nov 6, 2002 12:10 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Cynthia Nixon, one of the stars of HBO's "Sex and the City," says the coming season of the Emmy-winning comedy will be the last one.

Nixon, who plays single-mom lawyer Miranda Hobbes on the series, made the revelation during an interview with Fox News Channel's Steve Doocey earlier this week, the New York Daily News reports.

Doocey asked "[Is] next season the final one for 'Sex and the City'?," to which Nixon replied, "Yeah."  

Nixon, who's expecting her second child soon, and co-star Sarah Jessica Parker, who gave birth to a son Oct. 28, will have some time to recover before heading back to work. Filming on "Sex and the City's" new season is expected to begin in February, with a likely premiere date next summer.

A source at HBO tells the News that no decision on the show's future has been made.  

IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.