Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:50pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « NEW SEASON OF SEX IN THE CITY »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   NEW SEASON OF SEX IN THE CITY
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NEW SEASON OF SEX IN THE CITY  (Read 1540 times)
ceides00
ForumsNet Member

GET SOME!!!!..... GIVE IT TO ME BABY

coolmchick
View Profile

NEW SEASON OF SEX IN THE CITY
« on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 7:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did anyone watch last night? Is Carrie pregnant in it?
IP Logged
ceides00
ForumsNet Member

GET SOME!!!!..... GIVE IT TO ME BABY

coolmchick
View Profile

Re: NEW SEASON OF SEX IN THE CITY
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 7:58am »

i thought she was, then i didn't, then i did...
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:30am »

She was definitely pregnant in it, but some outfits made her look bigger than others.  Other than that brown pancho thing they had on her, they did a pretty good job with costuming and concealing.
IP Logged
Mzz_Joplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 6:17pm »

Yeah, you could see a little bit of a belly there, but overall I think they did a good job with her wardrobe ...

The new season ROCKS by the way!  I was lmao through most of it ... and I especially liked the whole 70s disco soundtrack they had going ...  :afro:
IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose ...
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 7:42pm »

on Jul 22nd, 2002, 6:17pm, Thai_Dyed wrote:

The new season ROCKS by the way!  I was lmao through most of it ...

But Mz TD..but did you PIMP? Wink

I am glad that you all enjoyed the show! :cool: I guess that I will have to wait a bit longer Sad
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2002, 7:45pm by Mags » IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:13pm »

erhm, mags, i just found out some rather bad news.  my cousin svea tells me that bravo will not be airing the new season until, glup, september!   :yikes:  i soooo hope that she is wrong.  i really,  :barf: really,  Cry really  :furious2: do!

sorry.
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 6:16am »

Still Sold On 'SEX'  
NY Post  

FANS of both sexes and of all shoe sizes gathered around their television sets last night eagerly awaiting the "Sex and the City" season premiere.

The HBO comedy sensation did not disappoint.

"I am so excited," said Ayelet Mosaffi, a 26-year-old human resources recruiter, in anticipation of the show's first episode of its fifth season.

"We all live in Manhattan, we all do the Sex and the City' thing with our friends every week and we have similar friendships to the girl's on the show," Mosaffi said as she settled down to watch the show with three other couples in her friend's Gramercy Park apartment.

"I can't wait to see what happens," she said.

Her boyfriend Jeff Hutson, 30, parodied the show for its "lack of reality."

However, once he realized he was being ignored, he admitted, "I may say that I don't watch the show, but I've seen nearly every episode. I'm a closet fan."

As the upbeat chimes of the "Sex and the City" theme began, the women gravitated towards the couch, while the men congregated in the general area.

But starting with its opening scene, the show grabs the audience's attention, even those pretending not to notice.

Everyone snickered when Samantha (Kim Cattrall) complained she caught her ex-boyfriend Richard eating "another girl's sushi."

In addition to the show's infamous double-entendre dialogue, Manhattan audiences love the show's use of familiar hot spots in dialogue and scenery.

When Samantha's ex asks her to meet him at Sushi Samba, someone in the audience admitted, "I was just there the other night!" Fans also continue to relate and react to the series' risque and dramatic scenes.

At the restaurant, Samantha pitches a Martini in Richard's face. Fueled by vengeance over his betrayal, Samantha storms out of Sushi Samba and proceeds to plaster flyers of Richard "the liar and cheater" all over his neighborhood.

Disgusted, Mosaffi blurt out, "She's crazy. She's got major issues."

The men's mouths dropped when Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) exposes her breast-fed swollen nipples while talking to Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker).

"Ugh," said Hutson. "I always thought that she [Miranda] was a small girl. Those don't match."

Before the "Sex" spectators could say cosmopolitan,' the enticing half-hour comedy was over.

Bernie Hoffman, a 29-year-old dental student, thought the premiere was "good" and "it followed up from last season."

"But I think they're running out of stories. How many times can you watch four single women drinking, partying and eating in the city?"

"A lot," insisted Leatt Beder, 26, a corporate training analyst.

"It's so much better now that they're all single again. It's like when the show first started."  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 8:42am »

'SEX' Bests 'THE Osbournes'
NY Post  

Sunday's season premiere of "Sex and the City" shattered records for the HBO hit, earning more viewers than cable's other hot show, "The Osbournes."

The episode also became the highest-rated in "Sex" history, averaging a 15.2 rating and 10.2 million viewers, as Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda and Carrie navigated their way through Fleet Week in Manhattan.

"Sex" outrated "The Osbournes," which at its peak was averaging 10 million viewers last season.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.