Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 10:39am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Deal or No Deal »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Deal or No Deal
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 2210 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Deal or No Deal
« on: Dec 21st, 2005, 7:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone else watching this?  I'm embarrassed. Had no idea that was Howie Mandel until someone told me. lol

I'm liking it so far.

http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

Re: Deal or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:01pm »

LoL my mom didnt know until it said so tonight.  
I watch it and so far everyones case has had a low number.
I think it would be cool to see at least 1.00 M
IP Logged
LJB
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Rooting for Ray and Yolanda of TAR9!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 9:15pm »

i love this show!! i cant believe that one lady won 267000 and like right after she accepted the deal she picked the million. oh good thing she took the deal
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:17pm »

I watched this show every day that it was on.  Does anyone know if its going to be all the time, weekly?  Nightly?
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:52pm »

By Cynthia Littleton

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC got some early holiday cheer last week as the game show "Deal or No Deal" wrapped its five-night run with double-digit ratings improvements in the crucial 8 p.m. hour, where the network has lagged the most so far this season.

"Deal" finished out its run Friday with an average of 11.7 million viewers and a 3.7 rating/13 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. That marked NBC's best numbers in the 8 p.m. Friday berth (excluding Olympic telecasts) in more than three years, since the November 2002 premiere of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"; it also qualified as the highest nonsports 18-49 demo score on any network in more than two years, since the September 2003 debut of the now-canceled CBS drama "Joan of Arcadia."

Granted, "Deal" aired against minimal competition during the preholiday period, when overall TV viewing levels traditionally take a dive. But the fact that the game show -- in which host Howie Mandel challenged contestants to guess which of 26 sealed briefcases contained a $1 million cash stash -- drew a decent crowd might well encourage NBC to experiment with more nontraditional programming and scheduling patterns in the opening hour of primetime. (After three airings, NBC ordered additional episodes of "Deal," which are likely to air in March.) Indeed, NBC brass have cited the network's weakness at 8 p.m. as a major handicap that has dragged down its performance on most nights this season.

IP Logged
LJB
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 2:50pm »

woo hoo ill be back to watch the show in march. Cheesy
IP Logged
cricket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 1:10pm »

I kept forgetting that it was on!!  But what I did see of it I liked!!  Can't wait for it to come on regularly!!
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 1:46am »

I don't know.  This game is so boring, and goes on too slow.  I hate it when Howie picks up the phone to talk to the banker.  Just drags time on the show.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 6:46am »

NBC Seals More 'Deal'

Thursday, December 29, 2005
11:21 AM PT

NBC got an early Christmas gift last week when its game show "Deal or No Deal" captured strong ratings. Now the network is returning the favor to the show's producers.

The network has ordered more episodes of "Deal," which will likely return to the air in the spring. NBC hasn't decided yet how many episodes it wants, nor is it clear how the show would be scheduled. For its initial run, "Deal or No Deal" aired at 8 p.m. ET on five consecutive nights.

What is clear, though, is that viewers enjoyed what they saw. All five shows last week finished in the top 15 among total viewers, peaking with 14.1 million people watching the Wednesday, Dec. 21 installment. For the week, "Deal or No Deal" averaged about 12.7 million viewers and a solid 4.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic by which NBC measures its success
IP Logged
LJB
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:37am »

on Dec 30th, 2005, 1:46am, Deekeryu wrote:
I don't know.  This game is so boring, and goes on too slow.  I hate it when Howie picks up the phone to talk to the banker.  Just drags time on the show.

i dont think its that boring lol but i kinda understand about the talking to the banker part. early on when there are lots of cases still there and the banker only makes an offer of like $13000 i think its kinda pointless to even call the banker at that point because the contestant will obviously say no deal but when the offers are at like $275000 then the contestant might say deal lol
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 8:23pm »

I guess it's boring on the fact that it goes so slow, and you don't really have to think.  I mean, who's going to take the offer after the first few rounds?  No one.  So showing that is just useless I think.
IP Logged
bec
ForumsNet Member

I'm a pathetically happy person!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 8:17pm »

Deal or No Deal has been airing in Australia for about 4 years now. It started off as a weekly show where the top prixe was $2 000 000. For the past 2 years it's been a daily show with the top prize being $200 000.  I love the show and watch every day. some people get so greedy, get offers up to $90 000 and still say "no deal" then they end up taking home $0.50 cents.  There have only been abot 3 people who have gone all the way and ended up with the big money!
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18th, 2006, 9:13am »

I love this game!! It's just so exciting! Grin
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
St. Jimmy
ForumsNet Member

Despite losing, the Pats are still #1 team ever!

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 4:58pm »

I got a 1,000,000 on the game!

EDIT: Online game... I was NOT a contestant.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2006, 4:59pm by St. Jimmy » IP Logged

BIG BROTHER 10, CANNOT WAIT!
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 19th, 2006, 9:14pm »

And all the excitement starts again in just a few weeks!!

I love Howie Mandel.. he's so funny!!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.