Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 12:58am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 2 Commentary! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 2 Commentary!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 2 Commentary!  (Read 638 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 2 Commentary!
« on: Sep 22nd, 2006, 8:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's what Wanda has shared with us this week...

" If a man will not work, he shall not eat" -- 2 Thessalonians 3:10.   St. Paul said it; Captain John Smith put into into play in Jamestown colony, Virginia, in 1607-08, and Ozzy employed the premise for Aitu.  I'm not one for ever throwing challenges, but Ozzy was quite right about the need to get rid of a mouth to feed when the body it belonged to was not contributing to the tribe.  Painful as it was to Cristina in particular, it was a wise thing for the tribe to do.  It might have been the wrong thing for our wizard Oz, though.   Jeff nailed it in TC:  "Cristina, you seem to have a soft spot for Billy."  Yes, and now more than that:  Distrust for Ozzy.   Being right won't make him popular with the gals here, and it painted the target on his back for Aitu's next round at TC, whenever that happens.  Ozzy really does bring to this game some of the best field-tested wilderness skills ever in Survivor, although our Appalachian Trail hiker Cao Boi's brings a lot of personal experience this season as well, and Bruce of Exile Island was another recent veteran of the outdoors.

Billy added a nail to his coffin in my book when he voted for Ozzy with the comment, " The only reason I'm voting for you is that you are the best player on the Aitutaki tribe."  Weak people banding together to eliminate strong people has always been the action I've detested most on Survivor, and I'm glad Billy wasn't successful in gaining a majority.  It reminds me of a catty high school basketball team on which less talented players refuse to pass the ball to the best player because they're jealous that he or she will get all the scoring accolades.   The right strategy is to appreciate talent and the strength it can give to a team, and build on it rather than "cut off your nose to spite your face," to add another analogy.   If Aitu is wise, they'll appreciate strength and keep Ozzy -- but I'll be surprised.  

I loved Billy's exit comment, though!  He recognized the irony of the Heavy Metal guy being out played by Ozzy!

The big question for Aitu is whether the girls and the boys can play together now and unite as a team.

Puka-Puka:  Several things are of interest regarding the Asian tribe this week.  First is the Korean alliance of Yul and Becky, who are both great people in my book.  I'd love to see this alliance go far, and I expect it will.  These are strong,  smart, and loyal/ethical people, a male-female team that I respect greatly.   We haven't had an Asian winner of Survivor, and I'd like to see it happen this season.  The tribe has won back-to-back challenges now, and to make things better yet, Yul was smart enough to find the immunity idol as only the second person this season to go to Exile Island.  The Latinos did the Asians a huge favor!  A final note with Puka is Cao Boi as a continued focal point.  On the plus side, his head-ache cure worked again, while skeptics everywhere look on in amazement.  On the minus side, he talks too much, which may give his tribe as many headaches as it cures.  And on a could-go-either-way side, there's his attitude toward ethnic jokes.  He contends that people should take a joke for what it is, be willing to be self-deprecating and accept the humor.  Yul is too politically correct for that; ethnic jokes are always out with him.   Tough call, maybe, but I think Cao Boi's all right.  You don't make jokes at someone else's expense, but if you can laugh at yourself, and at your own people, you've learned to be comfortable in your own skin.   This seems mature to me.  Nontheless, Cao Boi's probably buying the first boat ticket out for his tribe.

Raro's divisions on floor-building highlight problems on that tribe.  I'm not a Jonathan fan; didn't like his "I don't have to forgive" comment when Jessica let the chickens slip.  On one hand, I appreciate his work ethic and his concern about not finding the shelter completed upon his return from Exile Island.  On the other hand, Adam's not all wrong about what the better sleeping conditions might be.  In Palau, I found sleeping right on leaf-covered sand in the shelter preferable to sleeping on the hard bamboo floor, and when Jeff Wilson joined me at Loser Lodge, he told me that he took over my sleeping spot and liked it better than the bamboo too.  In our shelter, you had your choice.  Guess that's what Adam and Jonathan need to work out.   Raro has two tarps now; will they be best as roofing, flooring, or blanket material?  

Hiki?  They were pretty darn lucky that Aitu was throwing the challenge this week.  Aitu seemed to have a hard time going slowly enough to let Hiki beat them, but Billy's imbalance on the rope contributed to his own demise and to Aitu's "success at losing."  Once again, I think the problem for Hiki is with casting for not tapping some of the great talent of black athletes for this tribe, hiring musicians and actresses instead.  At any rate, I'm glad the women persevered and Rebecca succeeded in getting fire, and I'm glad the tribe still has four players so that other tribes aren't sitting two out for challenges.   At this point, Hiki probably has the best intra-tribal unity, and that's a plus for them.

There's a lot to love in this season, a lot of really great people, even though Tribe California still leads Tribe Other-49-States 12-6, after two TCs, with each tribe down one.   Since the invention of Survivor, Thursday night is always my favorite night of the week!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.