Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 3:12am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 5 Commentary! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 5 Commentary!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 5 Commentary!  (Read 665 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 5 Commentary!
« on: Oct 17th, 2006, 10:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's Wanda's latest thoughts regarding Episode 5...

The Adam-Nate Hug was a winner!   I think the memory of  Adam holding/hugging Nate tight and helping him to stay strong in the weight-bearing reward challenge will always be one of my favorite memories from Survivor.  I was so glad to see them hang on all the way and win that one!  Made me love 'em both!

When the early part of the show seemed to hint that Cristina was being targeted, were we all saying to ourselves, "So... it won't be Cristina.  Must be Stephanie goes tonight" ?   There were things we all admired about Stephanie -- a kind of independent strength, the competence of a nurse -- but independence is not always perceived as a good thing.  Stephanie didn't develop the tight bonds with tribemates that would keep her around when it was time to send a woman home. Strike Three:  All dreams of Mashed Potato Land must be framed in the context of "what I'll eat when the 39 DAYS are over."  "Postponement of Gratification" -- that's the concept for success in life, going back to the famous experiments with four year olds who are offered "one marshmallow right now... or two if you wait until I get back in ten minutes."  The ones who can wait the longest are the ones most likely to succeed in life.  No matter how old we are or where we are in life,  Postponement of Gratification is the proof of maturity and the best predictor of long-term success.  

Of course, I especially hated to see Steph go because she's part of that minority tribe, Team NOT CALIFORNIA.  
 So the stats now are:  
     Initial Rarotonga (white) and Puka-Puka (Asian) -- still intact.
     Initial Manihiki (black) - 3 of 5 remain.    Initial Aitutaki (Hispanic) - 2 of 5 remain.
     Merged Aitu - 8 of 9 remain, with the BIG FOUR (now 5, with Sundra?) ALLIANCE holding.
     Merged Raro - 7 of 9 remain: 3 brothers (Adam, Nate, Brad) and four sisters (Parvati, Rebecca, Jenny, Cristina).
     California - 10 of 13 remain; Not-Cal - 5 of 7 remain.    
     Exile Island:  Jonathan (twice), Yul, Candice, and Adam.  4 of 5 banishments are male, 4 of 5 Caucasian.  

The big news is that we get a double elimination this week.  I've been amazed that it hasn't happened earlier.  In the only other season that started with 20 people (Palau), three were eliminated on day three (Jonathan and I in the school-yard pick-'em, and Jolanda at Tribal Council that night).  Then there was a double elimination (Angie and Willard) on Day 15, which was the 5th show.  Here's Cook Islands up to the 6th episode this week, and there hasn't been a double elim yet.  They need to be cutting some more people soon, to keep get the numbers down in time for the standard 39 day game.  

IF each tribe eliminates just one person this week (I could conceive more going -- perhaps the losing tribe voting out two people), then Cao Boi seems to be leading the pack for Aitu votes.  Not only has he continued to talk the ears off both tribes to thoroughly wear out his welcome, but his perceived physical weakness showed up in that he was the only male who wasn't even a bag-holder in last week's reward challenge.  It's hard to imagine Aitu voting out Ozzy the Provider, so after Cao Boi, Jessica would be the second likely target.  I liked seeing Ozzy lead the Exploratory Expedition.  That showed leadership and strength, it highlighted Ozzy's ability to utilize plants as medicine, and it represented more initiative than the Big Four/(five) Alliance showed, holding back in the comfort zone.  I was sorry to see that Raro offered no camaraderie.  The competitive spirit could be saved for challenge events.   In spite of the fact that Cao Boi seems oblivious to boring his audiences, I also feel a bit sorry for him.  Seems that we could sometimes learn something from Asian or Native American cultures in which respectful listening to elders is valued.  We suffer losses when we disdain others' thoughts and stories, especially the potential wisdom of those who have walked more miles than we have.  

Cristina remains the likely target for Raro, but Tribal Council was a revelation to her, and she may work hard to change her image at camp, just as the Raro men came back from the last TC with a new work ethic!  Hadda LOVE that!  The Raro women may hesitate to vote off a sister and lose their majority; on the other hand, the tribe can't afford to lose another man yet.  Rebecca and Jenny appear to be close; the guys are probably going to stick together (although Brad is a question mark).  Parvati is a schmoozer all around, and seems to be liked and courted by all sides, so she's not likely to be a target.  Cristina could be in a tough spot in spite of her best efforts.  

At any rate, a Double-Elim means there'll be a lot of talking and analysis going on in both camps, so Thursday, Episode 6, is a night to look forward to.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.