Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 1:30am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 6 Commentary! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 6 Commentary!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 6 Commentary!  (Read 733 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 6 Commentary!
« on: Oct 20th, 2006, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here are Wanda's thoughts on Cook Islands Episode #6...

ADJECTIVES FOR THIS WEEK'S SURVIVOR:

FUN/PHYSICAL:    The challenge.  It was different, tough, and fun to watch.

IMPRESSIVE:  Candice in the challenge.  Her tenacity seemed to win it for Aitu, and that meant a lot, for her and for her tribe!

FUNNY:  "Plan VooDoo."  Dream on!  Cao Boi was great for color and laughs.  SEG/CBS got their money's worth and much more from casting him!

STUPID:  Cao Boi trying to get the idol played.  If you love your tribe, you want to see your tribe have the immunity idol when you go into the merge.  You do not want to see it played until it can damage the opponent.

PREDICTABLE:  How could anybody not know that Cao Boi and Cristina were going this week?

HOPELESS:  Cristina pleading for her life.

PUZZLING:  Brad voting for Jenny, his fellow Asian (Puka-Puka ancestry), instead of going with the crowd against Cristina.

SURPRISING:  No Caucasians have been voted off yet.  The Hispanics are now down four; blacks down two, and Cao Boi was the first Asian to go.  

SAD:  Another loss for team Not-California, with Cao Boi's departure.  Of course, it was somewhat balanced when Los Angeles lost a player again as well.   However, Team California retains 9 of 13 original members (69%), while Team Not-Cal retains 4 of 7 (57%).  Candice, Rebecca, Becky, and Jenny are our remaining Not-Cal tribesmen.  Hang in there, women!

RESPECTABLE:  Yul's level-headedness, good spirit, and desire for integrity.  Not that others aren't honest and conscientious, but he seems to stand out in those respects.

ODD:  Jeff can't seem to say Parvati?  It always sounds to me like he's calling her Poverty!  Granted, it's an unusual name and a tricky one to pronounce, but Jeff is a really smart guy -- I respect tremendously -- and it surprises me that I'm not hearing that name come out right.   Reminds me of GWB still saying "nu-cu-lar" for "nuclear" every single time he uses the word, even though he's been in office for six years now and should have the best speech coaches in the nation!

THE-SAME-ONLY-DIFFERENT:  The double-elim tribal council was like the one in Palau, in that the winning tribe went first and then feasted in front of the others.  However, it was different in that instead of getting the right to grant immunity to someone on the other tribe, Aitu has this mixed-blessing of a "kidnapping," which now lets Nate in on their tribal dynamics.

INSTIGATING:  Cao Boi created intimations on Aitu that Jonathan is dangerous, not to be trusted, someone to get rid of.  Jessica seems to be the next logical victim of the torch-snuffing, but she may be spared (especially if she had any personal inclination to play the game, though that seems improbable) if Jonathan is eager to get rid of Ozzy, a threat, and Ozzy responds by rallying some ethnic partners to keep the white dominance in check.  Even though Jessica is white, she's a "minority player" of another sort, and Jonathan is the Caucasian king pin if the "ethnics" want Final Four Power.

IMPLICATING:  Jenny as the next target at Raro?  Raro is now down to six and still needs male strength for challenges.  Adam, Nate, and Brad are unlikely targets, so it's Rebecca, Parvati, or Jenny, and Jenny appears to be most vulnerable.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 6 Commentary!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 11:37am »

Hey Scribe.  Just wondering...Is Wanda still teaching or has she given up her teaching credentials for a press pass?
IP Logged
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 12:24pm »

Hi EBB,
Yup, she's still teaching.  We chatted about that when we finally met at Discovery Beach this past July.  She's also an avid 'outdoorsman' and loves to hike and camp wherever she can during her off season.  I gave her a nice hiking/trail map book about up here in New Hampshire, hoping she can make it one of these summers.  Here's a pic she sent me from her last excursion, when she caugt her first fish.

IP Logged
SurvivorFever
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 3:43pm »

Wanda Shirk is an awesomely (is that a word?) interesting person.  She was a true casting gem and folks like her should be given more spots on Survivor.

I had the pleasure of meeting her and speaking briefly with her at the past Disc. Beach Survivor bash.  Thanks MediaScribe for archiving her articles here.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.