Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 12:10am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Hi guys, its Jenny from Cook Islands! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Hi guys, its Jenny from Cook Islands!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi guys, its Jenny from Cook Islands!  (Read 6486 times)
AgentSurvivorJenny
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Hi guys, its Jenny from Cook Islands!
« on: Jan 9th, 2007, 6:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wassup!!  

So, I was over at Sucks and they are B R U T A L!  But I can handle them ok.  I just laugh at their immaturity and lack of brains...lol.  

MediaScribe emailed me and told me to check out your message board because you're a lot nicer and have brains...ha.  I guess I'm the "special guest" he wrote about.  

I'm here to answer your questions.  Give you insight on the game.  And get to know me better.  No, I'm not really bitchy or evil...lol.  Well, not ALL the time...ha!

Thanks, guys, for watching our season!

~jenny
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Hi guys, its Jenny from Cook Islands!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 6:57pm »

Welcome Jenny!   Grin

I was reading your thread at sucks over the weekend. What idiots.  I'm a lurker there.  Mess Hall is about the only place I post during the Survivor seasons.  It's so much fun to spoil.  

I see you will be at Discovery Beach this year.  wooooo hoooooooo.  Look forward to meeting you there.  It's a fantastic party.  

You are a very special guest to us and we are thrilled to have you here.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 6:59pm »

Nice to meet you Jenny! Welcome to Forumsnet! Smiley

Do they still think you're a faker there? lol.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 7:01pm »

Nice to meet you. Pleasure having you here.
IP Logged
AgentSurvivorJenny
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 7:05pm »

hey lakelady...ya, looking forward to cocoa beach!  Can't wait!

Heather, no, I think they know its the real me at Sucks now.
IP Logged
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 7:48pm »

Hey Jenny!
Welcome to forumsnet hope you find it a nice to place to post  Grin
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 8:28pm »

Hi Jenny!

Glad you made it over here!  Welcome!  It's a pleasure to have you here.

I'm going to start with the first question(s)...

First off, how surprised were you when you were initially contacted by Survivor to be on the show?  You've mentioned elsewhere that you were, for lack of a better term, recruited...were you familiar with the show and had you ever considered being on it?

Secondly, how fairly do you feel you were edited on the show?

And lastly, (or now anyway), who do you feel was edited the worst...in other words, who came off looking far worse than they actually were out there?

Thanks for sharing your time with us here.  I look forward to picking your brain.  Smiley
IP Logged
AgentSurvivorJenny
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 8:45pm »

Hey Gary...

Thanks for the invite.

1) Yes, I was VERY surprised because my family and I were just done watching S12.  We're fans of the show...not die hard, but we've enjoyed watching it on and off over the years.  So when I got the call to audition, I was so excited.  Sure, I've THOUGHT about auditioning, but would have never even considered doing it.  So when it fell into my lap, I just HAD to do it.  Was a fan's dream come true.

2) I think I was edited ok.  Although, I DO smile a lot more that you have seen and I'm not always so damn cranky.  I had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs during the game.  Too bad no one saw that.  That's why I share photos on my myspace so that people can see what i am (and the others) are really like in real life.  

Before someone asks, I made a lot of faces in tribals because it was just fun.  I wanted the rest of the contestants to wonder where I was at as far as votes.  I had nothing against Aitu or Jonathon...just Raro....lol.  

3) Jonathon came off as this bad guy, but then again, he WAS acting that way so that he could get far in the game and win.  I can understand that.  But in real life, he's a super nice fella.    Rebecca was another person who was underedited.  She's a very outspoken person and a lot of fun, and she was edited like she's a boring, good-for-nothing.  Becky & Sundra were underedited too.  I'm sure with Becky, though, the editors didn't find her confessionals interesting.  I know she was very careful with her words so as not to upset anybody.  But that doesn't make for good t.v.  Sundra, on the other hand, is very outspoken too, so i don't know why they didn't show alot of her confessionals.  I heard she cracked a lot of jokes.  And, CaoBoi...he's really a nice person if you give him a chance.  Sure, he's a bit eccentric and vocal, but he's got a heart of gold.
IP Logged
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 8:53pm »

Thanks for the quick reply Jenny!

Jonathan was a fantastic character to watch.  Did any of you Survivors recognize him (or Sundra for that matter) from their TV work?  Jonathan was great on The Naked Truth back in the early 90's.

Did you have any idea that the message in the  infamous bottle was going to mean a second boot that night?  Did you have any clue that you were that vulnerable, even with newcomer Jonathan such a target?
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2007, 8:54pm by MediaScribe » IP Logged
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 9:54am »

Welcome Jenny!

Thanks for coming over to visit with all of us, I look forward to meeting you at Discovery Beach. Lakelady and I attend every year.

As far as the bottle boot. I know there was quite a bit of discussion back at camp about it. What was the most popular theory about it? Were you all truly caught off guard by the truth or had some people been campaigning just in case?

Also, I had read that you have a journalism background. Are you planning to go back to that or stay in the real estate game. (Hope to see you back on the TV Cheesy)
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 10:11am »

Hi Jenny!!! I'm JP and I'm from your home country, the Philippines! I was very excited when I found out that there will be 2 Filipinos on the show. And the local station here used that angle to promote Survivor.  Cheesy

Questions! Sorry if these seem personal but we want to know you better.  Smiley

When was the last time you visited the Philippines (or have you)? Do you know some Filipino words?

About the game: do you have an alliance with Brad comparable to Yul and Becky's alliance? Or you two didn't click much?
IP Logged
AgentSurvivorJenny
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 11:51am »

MediaScribe...No, no one recognized Jonathon nor Sundra from their previous TV work.  

We went through every possible scenario of what was in the bottle.  We lost...so we knew it had to be bad.  Although we were hoping for a merge.  So, we did expect to vote off two and (i thought) the consensus was to boot Jonathon.  I was pretty confident going into tribal that I wasn't going home no matter what.  

But it wasn't until Jeff said to us "well, i know you guys were expecting it to say a merge, but YOU MAY NEVER MERGE." and right then, i knew my goose was cooked.  I knew the tribe would think about constantly losing to Aitu and how it probably would be better to keep Jonathon's manpower rather than my loyalty.

Hi Insane4Survivor...I look forward to meeting you both at Discovery too!.....yes, I do have a journalism background, but ideally I would like to stay in real estate because its more flexible.  For me, being at home for my son is important.  I want to be the one helping him with homework and taking him to volleyball games.  Being mom comes first for me.  If a reporting job is offered to me, I might consider it, but only if it affords me flexibility with my time.

Kamusta, JP!  I did quite a number of interviews for tv shows in the Philippines!  They were fun interviews.   Its been a very long time since I've been back home.  Probably about 13 or 14 years.  Last time I was there, I was on assignment to interview President Ramos in Malacangang Palace.  I was only 22 years old!  It was a very exciting time for me.  I was also offered to do a Marlboro commercial, but I never did it because unfortunately my father had a stroke during our stay.  He's much better now.  I would like very much to visit the Philippines sometime.  Just don't know when.  My mother, who's a nurse, goes back every January for a medical mission.  She's leaving in a couple weeks for Palawan.  

Yes, I know Tagalog.  I completely understand it, but I'm a bit choppy in speaking it.  Whenever I am around it more, I speak it better.  

No, I did not have an alliance with Brad/Becky/Yul.  I was on the outside of that threesome.  We just didn't quite connect on a personal level.  They are at a different crossroads in their lives.  They would talk about their careers, dating, etc.  And I would think "been there, done that."  Granted, we got along great and did very well at challenges, but we didn't connect socially...and that's an important part of the game too.  

I'm disappointed that Brad and I didn't click.  I tried with him, but he's a bit condescending.  I don't appreciate being treated like that.  Plus, I didn't like some of the things he was saying about me in post-boot interviews.  I knew back at Puka that we were at different levels, but despite that, Brad and I got along well and worked well together.  We both constructed the Puka shelter and both reconstructed the Raro shelter after the original shelter collapsed on us.  Even after we were both booted, he and I made lumpia together for the others at Losers Lodge!  

After the finale and being around him more (in real life), I realized he's the type of person who will smile to your face and then talk crap about you behind your back.  I don't need to know people like that.  If I don't like you, you will know.  If I like you, you will know.  I don't put on a face.  I'm real.

« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2007, 11:52am by AgentSurvivorJenny » IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 5:19pm »

Just now checking out your myspace page, Jenny.  Good work!  Looks great.  I just got signed up last weekend so I have a loooooong way to go.  I'm way behind the times.  lolol
IP Logged
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 12th, 2007, 7:19pm »

Hey Jenny first Iwanted to congratulate you on what I think was an awsome game! You were an aboslute joy to watch play! oh and wise words about hypocrsy I have to say I agree 100&

I've got a couple of questions which I hope you can answer:
1. Did you ever considered to change tribe during the mutiny?
2. Why did you drew a gun on Cristina's vote on the night she was voted out?
3. I've always wondered what Looser's lodge looks like is it like another island or a hotel or whatnot?

Thanks for your time!
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
AgentSurvivorJenny
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jan 13th, 2007, 11:06am »

Hi Alexander!
To answer your questions...
1) No, I felt very secure with the Raro tribe then.  I didn't even give mutiny a second thought.
2) I know that that particular drawing caused such a controversy, but HONESTLY it was JUST A DRAWING.  Just like the others, I drew a picture that said something about them.  JP=volleyball player=volleyball....Stephannie=nurse/sweet woman=heart....Cristina=cop=gun...Brad=Raro's best fisherman=fish.  That's all.
3) All LL's are different depending on the location.  Since the CI was more like a tropical vacation spot, our LL was a lot better than others in the past, from what I was told.  We definitely weren't in a hotel...it was more like a small bed & breakfast.  We had beds, showers (best taken during the day so you get hot water), food, etc.  CBS staff took care of us.  I heard other LL's were tents or even staying in an old, rickety ship.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.