Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 25th, 2024, 1:41am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 7 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 7
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 7  (Read 1902 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 7
« on: Apr 4th, 2007, 11:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wacky Wanda shares her thoughts about Episode 7. - MS

Let's hear it for Yau-Man!  YOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!  What a hoot!  This is a unique situation with the finding of the idol, on which several observations may be made.

First, in the past two seasons, the idol has been held by powerful players -- Terry and Yul -- who have "used" it as a negotiating tool but have not "used" it in the sense of presenting it at Tribal Council in the face of a vote against them.  Yau-man's situation is quite different, and we can certainly expect to see this immunity idol put into play.   It seems logical that "power players" would usually be sent to Exile Island and usually get the I.I., so it's really exciting to see the idol go to a weak but very deserving player in this game.  

Second, this is great!  We all dearly love this enthusiastic, bright, charming little man who knows that he cannot win this game by physical prowess and who therefore is dependent on the other personal strengths and skills he brings to the game.  We want to see him do well, and even though part of us loves to see a man-among-men or a strong and wonderful woman like Tina Wesson come out on top, there is also a great appeal in this underdog, this "Little Giant" Yau.  We love his excitement; we love his strong game-play that acknowledges his limitations but still desires to win, and we love his cunning ways -- from snooping into Sylvia's bag to check for the idol to creatively painting a fake idol to hide where the real one was.  Imagine how much fun it would be to have someone believing he or she had the I.I. when in fact the painted coconut shell is bogus!  That could be a riot!

Third, as I've said before, Earl deserves a lot of credit again for letting Yau get and keep the idol.  Earl could have said, "Yau, you had the chance to find it on Ravu Island; now you need to give me the chance to look for it here."  Instead, Earl the Man once again lets Yau seek -- and this time, find!  All Earl gets out of this is one man's loyalty.  That's impressive. It says a lot for Earl's self-confidence, too -- and he has shared that with us -- but still, Earl really earns my respect for his brotherly relationship with Yau-man and previously with Anthony.  Earl's game is to earn trust and develop a team.  I like that man!  We can hope that with Cassandra and Michelle, he leads a strong foursome.

And finally -- it's going to be fun to see what happens at Tribal Council when the idol is ultimately played and the vote ricochets and hits some other unsuspecting player!  So there are good times ahead in the upcoming weeks of Survivor 14.

On another subject, the departure of Rocky cannot go without comment.  The cheering was heard from coast to coast when that vote came through!  On the other hand, I can hardly imagine how disheartening it was back at the "Ponderosa," as they call it -- aka Loser Lodge -- when poor dear Anthony realized that he would have to spend the next three weeks of a great vacation trying to get along with Mr. Super Social Skills himself!  I would love to hear how that went!

Rockster also seemed to be a bit deluded:  In his closing comments he assured us that he'd make sure none of those disloyal tribemates of his, who did not appreciate his fine social skills, would get the million dollars.  Sorry, Charley -- but unless something's changed regarding the jury size, I don't think you understood this game well enough to know that you didn't make it far enough to participate in the million dollar vote.  See you at the reunion show!
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 7
« Reply #1 on: Apr 4th, 2007, 11:21pm »

on Apr 4th, 2007, 11:05pm, MediaScribe wrote:
Wacky Wanda shares her thoughts about Episode 7. - MS

On the other hand, I can hardly imagine how disheartening it was back at the "Ponderosa," as they call it -- aka Loser Lodge -- when poor dear Anthony realized that he would have to spend the next three weeks of a great vacation trying to get along with Mr. Super Social Skills himself!

Isn't the jury and the "Losers" in separate lodges?
Quote:
Sorry, Charley -- but unless something's changed regarding the jury size, I don't think you understood this game well enough to know that you didn't make it far enough to participate in the million dollar vote.

Ummm....Jeff said he was the first juror.  Besides, there will most likely be a Final 3 like last time.  Maybe you should take it up with him.  
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 7
« Reply #2 on: Apr 4th, 2007, 11:48pm »

:laff: I think Wanda made a few mistakes here...
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.