Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:40am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 8 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 8
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 8  (Read 1435 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda Reviews Episode 8
« on: Apr 8th, 2007, 12:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's Wanda's weekly commentary on Survivor Fiji: Episode 8. - MS

My friend Larry, a psychologist, wrote me this yesterday:  " S-14 is shaping up nicely, thanks to Yau-man.  He stole the show a few weeks ago and has not given it back.  What a hero!! He has got to be one of the most loved Survivors of all.  So funny, and unexpected, too.  Making a fake immunity idol!!  GREAT!  That ranks up there with Rupert stealing shoes and Fairplay's grandmother lie.  Great TV!  And, he contributes so much to the tribe.  No one has done more than him to win challenges."  

Yep!  The Yau is awesome!  The astute way he selected his arrow and knelt to steady his shot showed the kind of life-experience that warrants a "Sole Survivor" designation, and the javalin-style spear throw further substantiated his worthiness.  Edgardo brought some experience but couldn't even hit the target with the bow and arrow.  Yau apparently did no prognosticating based on his potential expertise, but with quiet confidence he has stepped up to the line and proved himself time and time again.    Big Earl could stand silently in the background and not even have to rescue his tribe because Little Yau did all that needed to be done.  

Yau is also so much fun!   He knows his limitations and frets over them sometimes, but when he wins, he is loose and free and willing to celebrate:  He shows us his muscle and grins:  "Nice muscle!"  Love it!  

Yau's age and size mitigate against him, but this wise and experienced Asian man is rising to the top like cream on raw milk, and it will be a huge disappointment to all fans if he doesn't sit in the final three circle.    I still give tons of credit to Earl's quiet, steady leadership and his respectful deference to Yau, including giving Yau the opportunity to find the I.I.  However, right now I'd give the million bucks to Yau if it were my call to cast a final vote.   Yau shows that smaller and older doesn't mean lesser than anyone else.  YAY YAU!

And then there's Lisi!  Friend Larry's comments on her are also apropos, so I'll quote him again:  " And how about Lisi?  Has she earned the "worst sport" award or what!?!  Her send-off remarks were some of the worst ever.  Doesn't she realize that she, too, was one of the LOSERS?  How crude she was!  ...  She was entertaining, to me, but at what a cost.  Really pathetic.  I hate to be entertained at the expense of someone who is functioning so poorly."  

Well said, again.   She's been in quitter mode for quite some time.  Two things made me happy about the TC.  One, Dreamz spoke up emphatically and forced the issue.  Hooray for him for making the differences so clear about his dedication, desire, and determination versus Lisi's lack of these True Survivor qualities.  The only thing consistent about Lisi was her consistent waffling and bad attitude.   The second thing that made me happy about the TC was that Alex, Edgardo, and Mookie did the right thing this time (as opposed to their Anthony vs. Rocky decision).   May the best "man" win, always!  It should have been Anthony, but wasn't; in this case, it clearly was Dreamz over Lisi, and the Immunity Idol three finally made the right choice, even though they worry about Dreamz' loyalty when he has a chance to merge with Cassandra again.  What they should realize is that their best hope in the merge is to make Dreamz tight with them and have him bring Cassandra along.  They should be doing anything and everything possible to knit him to them.  He can do more for them in the merge than Lisi could in bringing aboard the extra ally they need.

One of the most hilarious moments in Survivor history has to be Lisi's sleeping through the uncovering of the Immunity Idol and then commenting in an interview that "Ya gotta get up early to fool an old cat like me."  I had to laugh out loud!  I hear that Lisi claimed on the Early Show last week that she knew they had the I.I. all along and was just waiting for them to tell her about it.  I say that's an out-and-out lie.  She had plenty of opportunity to tell us that while she was out there, and she didn't.  She also had plenty of opportunity to throw hints to Alex, Edgardo, and Mookie that she knew they had it, but she did nothing.  She was snookered!    And although Mookie has seldom come to the forefront in entertainment value, he was great in cheerfully helping Lisi dig for what he already had in his pocket!  

Other Lisi lines worth reviewing:  "Challenges?  I don't take 'em seriously.  I mean, c'm'on guys!"  Is that disgusting or what?   Or how 'bout "I'm done, Man.  Done like a Thanksgiving turkey."  (I'll give her credit for a nice simile, anyway!)  Then there was her knocking of her tribemate's nickname:  "Dreamz -- You're a grown man.  Consider a name change!"  I think we should all hold onto Dreams as long as we can breathe -- and at least for 39 days when we're playing Survivor!   Then finally, there was the parting shot, "You guys are losers.  When the ship is sinking, you get off the ship!"   So glad to see her off!  With the merge obviously coming next week, part of me wants to see the Ravu four do well just to refute Lisi's pessimism.

And now, the demographic analysis at the midpoint of the game:
     Women left - 3:  Stacy, Cassandra, Michelle
     Men left - 7:  Alex, Boo, Dreamz, Edgardo, Earl, Mookie, and Yau-Man
     Whites left - 1:  Boo
     Hispanics left - 2:  Alex, Edgardo
     Blacks left - 3:  Earl, Dreamz, Cassandra
     Asians left - 4:  Stacy, Michelle, Mookie, Yau-Man

Observation:  An Asian man, Yul, won the first 4-races Survivor.    
Current demographics indicate that men and Asians are strong, smart players in this game.  
I continue to maintain that race has nothing to do with outcome, and that individual personality, strength, skill, intelligence, and character are the ultimate determinants, but it's still interesting to watch the demographics as the social game unfolds.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.