Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 1:54pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Teen Fashion Is Getting Too Skimpy »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Teen Fashion Is Getting Too Skimpy
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Teen Fashion Is Getting Too Skimpy  (Read 718 times)
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Teen Fashion Is Getting Too Skimpy
« on: Aug 11th, 2002, 10:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing more and more of teenage girls bellies?  I don't consider myself a prude, but I've just about had it with the low cut pants that the girls around here are wearing.  It all started a year or so ago with pants that hit just below the navel........that wasn't too bad.  This summer I've noticed that there must be some sort of contest to see who can wear the lowest cut pants.  This afternoon I was shopping at a local discount store.  One of these skimpily clad young ladies was squatting down looking at something on a bottom shelf.  From the back she looked like an overweight plumber with her butt crack showing.  I've seen shorts and jeans cut lower than most bikinis.  It's bad enough when the girl in question is a slender little thing, but then you have the girls who are overweight and pour themselves into pants a couple of sizes too small.  There they are with their guts hanging out over the pants and thinking they really look hot.  It is disgusting. :yikes:  I'm wondering if these are going to be allowed in school this fall?

I hope I'm not coming off like an old fogey.  When the girls first started wearing them just below the navel, I thought they were kinda' cute.  I even told my hubby that if is was 30 years younger and 30 pounds lighter, I might consider a belly button ring and a pair of those pants, LOL.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2002, 10:58pm by Irishlass » IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

Re: Teen Fashion Is Getting Too Skimpy
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 7:25pm »

on Aug 11th, 2002, 10:57pm, Irishlass wrote:

I hope I'm not coming off like an old fogey.  

ITA IL!! To me you are not an "old Fogey"! or maybe both of us are Huh I really do not want to see that they are wearing a thong or nothing, when they bend over. IL maybe we are just old fogeys..sigh..
IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 8:37pm »

you'd never catch me dead squeezing into some of those pants. Smiley
IP Logged
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 10:23pm »

I was very surprised when I opened my morning paper.  There on the front page was this headline - "No naked people here"  The following are excerpts taken from the article written by Raygan Swan in the Kokomo Tribune:

Harold Canady has been an educator and administrator at Kokomo High School for 28 years, the most recent furor in fashion has him shaking his head.  Some teenage girls in Kokomo are baring a lot more in the name of being cool, some sport belly shirts exposing a navel ring, while others choose to flaunt their flesh in a pair of low-riding hipsters.  The term I am hearing is "reverse cleavage", Canady said of the hipsters, which ride low in the back.  "Coming to school like that will get you sent home real fast."  Some hipster pants are barely on the hips, leaving little to the imagination, he said.  "The dress code will be enforced, and we don't show skin," Canady said.  "I don't care what Britney Spears wears."

I guess that answers my question about wearing low riders to school.  Maybe I'm not being an old fogey after all.
IP Logged

BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 11:28am »

Nah, he's named Harold, and has been a school admin for 28 years...  He's just an old fogey, too. Wink  (For what it's worth, I agree with you.  Given the rash of reported child abductions, I don't think girls should be dressing this way, either.)

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 2:52pm »

on Aug 13th, 2002, 11:28am, <Blank>WillWin wrote:
Nah, he's named Harold, and has been a school admin for 28 years...  He's just an old fogey, too. Wink

OUCH.............LOL good point Eric.  Now, I need to get my walker and head to the ice box for a cold one, prune juice that is.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.