Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:24am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Found! Exclusive Lost Spoilers! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Found! Exclusive Lost Spoilers!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Found! Exclusive Lost Spoilers!  (Read 1200 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« on: May 25th, 2005, 6:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

by Shawna Malcom
TV Guide

It's the finale you've been waiting for. Tonight Lost will conclude its first, whiplash-inducing season with so many twists and turns it'll take two hours to contain them. Here, executive producers Damon Lindelof and J.J. Abrams give TVGuide.com an exclusive sneak peek:

Spoiler No. 1: Look for the castaways to venture inside the Black Rock — that ginormous pirate ship mysteriously landlocked on the island — to retrieve dynamite, in hopes of finally blowing open that damn hatch, where they plan to hide from the Others. Naturally, though, things don't go quite according to plan. "When you put dynamite that's 100 years old out in the middle of the jungle at unstable temperatures, it begins to sweat nitroglycerine," Lindelof says. "So the whole story is about how they get the dynamite from the Black Rock back to the hatch without blowing up. Not to mention that the monster is not really willing to let them do that." Which brings us to...

Spoiler No. 2: We'll finally get a look, albeit a partial one, at the monster. Is it, as Danielle Rousseau claimed, some kind of security system for the island? Lindelof's not saying, but he does hint that the unhinged French lady isn't the most reliable source on Freaky Island. "What her true motives are [will be] revealed [in] the finale," he says. "I would hang on to the concept of the loss of her own child and how far she would go in order to get her back." Hmmm, might she be in cahoots with the Others to snatch Claire's baby?  

Spoiler No. 3: Hurley's seemingly jinxed lottery numbers, which appear on the hatch, will come back into play. "It would be very interesting to me if Hurley is one of the people to blow the hatch open," Lindelof teases. "What will happen when he realizes the numbers are on it? I don't think he'd be very excited if he knew, but they're very small. If you're standing on the wrong side of the hatch, you probably wouldn't see them." Hurley may not be in the know, but reformed junkie Charlie will stumble upon some valuable info of his own — that the plane that crushed Boone is full of heroin. That can't be good.

Spoiler No. 4: The raft riders — Michael, Walt, Jin and Sawyer (or should we call him James?) — encounter something shocking in the water. So what is it? "That's the $64,000 question," Lindelof says. "Telling you is sort of [giving away] the entire last scene of the show." But Lindelof will say that the quartet is not eaten by Jaws, "and there are no monsters in the water." At least not this season.  

Spoiler No. 5: You will be talking about the cliff-hanger all summer. "It is beyond shocking," Abrams claims. "It's hair-raising. Also, something happens that is so terrifying, that's unexpected, and yet, it was right there, building for a while. It's one of my favorite turns I've ever seen." We'll be the judge of that.

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Found! Exclusive Lost Spoilers!
« Reply #1 on: May 25th, 2005, 1:23pm »

The most logical choice for the perilous cliff-hanger would be the monsoon.  The science teacher has already warned that monsoon season is starting.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 25th, 2005, 1:30pm »

on May 25th, 2005, 1:23pm, Rhune wrote:
The most logical choice for the perilous cliff-hanger would be the monsoon.  The science teacher has already warned that monsoon season is starting.

Since when has anything on this show been logical.. Wink

Also, Terry O'Quinn was on Jimmy Kimmel last night... Kimmel asked him if the writers of the show have a plan for this show or if they just "make it up as they go" (which has been a rumour for ages).  He just smiled and said basically he wasn't sure.. that he'd asked them the same thing and they just smile... He said he thought it was a little of both.. they have a general idea of where it's going.. but they make up alot along the way...   Also said even the cast has no idea what's going to happen next and has no answers to the questions everyone else has.. they've not seen the "monster" have no idea what it is.. etc... very intriguing...  

As for the "spoilers", nothing much there that couldn't have been seen or deduced from the previews.. can't wait for tonite.. I'm thinking cliffhanger could have to do with the message Boone received in the plane.. the "WE"RE the survivors of flight 815!"  Lots of speculation floating around that the other half of the plane is somewhere on the island...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 25th, 2005, 1:35pm »

There's a new article in TV Guide and one of the main guys says they do not make it up as they go along, they try to get several episodes ahead in their writing and planning and that they feel if they reach a point where they are making it up as they go, they are doomed.
IP Logged
wolverina
ForumsNet Member

No. Really.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 25th, 2005, 9:34pm »

I am watching it right now (TiVoed it) and am on the edge of my seat.

*Survival is all relative, Jack.* says Locke. hmmmmmmm
IP Logged

No. Really.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 25th, 2005, 10:06pm »

OMG.. it's so awesome!!!  Wish I'd taped it so I could be watching it again.. lol.. it's on again Saturday night, watching it again then... I'm sure there are things I missed!  Best line of the night... when the lady at the gate tells him "This must be your lucky day!".. if she only knew.. LOL.

What gets me is, they answered questions... and in the process, raised a whole new groups of them!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Acalithos
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 26th, 2005, 7:50pm »

I won't get to see it for quite some time!! I just saw Claire coming out of the bushes last night with lots of blood and scratches on her
IP Logged

My Favourite TAR Teams

S16: Cirie,Yau-Man! TAR12: Ron/Christina!
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 31st, 2005, 8:08pm »

I watched and taped it again Saturday night, and have watched it a third time since... I'm starting over Wednesday watching the Pilot again... hope they show them all in order over the summer.. and I'm ordering my DVD's.. LOL.. sheesh, I'm sooooo addicted to this show!!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.