Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:31pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Hearts and Minds »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Hearts and Minds
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hearts and Minds  (Read 584 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Hearts and Minds
« on: Aug 8th, 2005, 11:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Boone/Shannon
---------------------------
Hearts and Minds
(Boone and Shannon)

Again we open with an eye – this time it’s Boone’s right one.  Boone is sitting watching as Sayid comes up to Shannon and gives her a box with shoes in it as a “gift” for her help in the translations.  He is not happy about this.  Hurley comes up and asks him aren’t he and Locke hunting boar every day?  He says yes.  Hurley wants to know if they’re hunting every day, why aren’t they bringing anything back?  Boone gets defensive, tells him they’re doing the best they can.

Flashback to Boone and a girl (Nicole) playing tennis.  His phone rings.  He answers it, it’s Shannon.  She tells him “Things aren’t so good.”  When he asks what’s wrong, she starts screaming at someone to “get out of here, stay away from me.”  Boone tells her to just hold on, he’ll come get her, and asks her where she is.. she tells him Sydney.  Sydney? Australia.

Back on the beach, Boone is telling Sayid to stay away from his sister.  Sayid asks what if he doesn’t.  The two are staring each other down when Locke comes up and tells Boone he’s found fresh tracks.  Boone glares at Sayid, but goes with him.  

Locke and Boone go off through the jungle.  Locke tells him he needs to put his differences with Sayid aside.  Boone is upset because he’s “hitting on Shannon.”  Locke tells him he’s resourceful and they’ll need him on “their side.”  The discuss the importance of their work, attempting to open the hatch.  

Jack and Hurley are in the woods.  Hurley asks Jack about his “digestive issues.”  Apparently he’s been eating nothing but fruit for the past week, and it’s not going so well.  Jack suggests he needs more protein.  None available.  No boar, and Jin won’t give him fish, because he insulted him when he tried to give him sea urchin the first day they were there. Hurley’s stomach gurgles, he grabs a leaf and heads off thorough the bush.  Jack sees Kate.  She’s picking fruit from the tree.  He stops to watch her.  She tells him she can see him.  He says he wasn’t hiding, just didn’t want to disrupt her… He asks what she’s doing.  She has passion fruit seeds.  Tells him she’ll show him if he wants to see.  They go off through the woods.  They come to a clearing where Sun has started a garden.  He says it’s a good idea with the boar running out.  Kate wonders, what if it’s not actually running out.. what if Locke’s just not giving it to them anymore?

Back to Locke and Boone in the jungle.  Locke is mixing up some sort of paste in a bowl.  Boone asks what it is. He tells him it’s for later.  Boone asks what they’re doing there.. they’ve been staring at the hatch for days.  Locke tells him a story about Michelangelo:

LOCKE:  Ludovico Buonarroti. (Boone looks puzzled) Michelangelo's father.  He was a wealthy man.  He had no understanding of the divinity in his son, so he beat him.  
No child of his was going to use his hands for a living.  So Michelangelo learned not to use his hands.  Years later, a visiting Prince came into Michelangelo's studio and found the master staring at a single 18-foot block of marble.  Then he knew the rumors were true that Michelangelo had come in every day for the past four months, stared at the marble, and gone home for his supper.  So the Prince asked the obvious, "What are you doing?"  And Michelangelo turned around and looked at him and whispered, "Sto lavorando".  "I'm working."  (Locke smiles) Three years later, that block of marble was the Statue of David.

Boone asks if they’re going to stare at the hatch for four months.  When Locke doesn’t reply, Boone asks how they’re going to open it.  Locke tells him that’s what we have to figure out, how do you open a hatch with no handle, no latch, no discernable way of opening it.

Flashback to Oz:
 Boone is standing on the front porch.  A man (Bryan) opens the door.  Boone tells him he is looking for Shannon, that he’s her brother.  Bryan lets him in.  Shannon walks in, all dressed up, putting on earrings.  

SHANNON: Boone?  
BOONE: What’s going on?
SHANNON: What are you doing here?
BOONE:  Fifteen hours -- I just spent fifteen hours on a plane.  "I happy to see you.  I'm glad you're here."  Something like that might work.

Shannon glances at Bryan and tells Boone this isn’t a good time, they were just on their way out, why doesn’t he come by tomorrow.  Shannon brushes her hair back with her hands exposing a bruise.  Please, she asks him.  He tells them to have fun, and says he’ll be back tomorrow.

Back on the beach, Hurley is calling down Jin, running toward him with a spear in his hand.  Hurley is asking Jin to show him where the fish are.  Jin just looks at him.   Hurley makes “fish swimming motions.”  Jin looks down and smiles.  Hurley shows him the spear, and acts like he’s spearing a fish.. he’ll get them himself, if Jin will show him where.  Jin laughs and says something in Korean and points back into the jungle, then walks away.  Hurley calls after him “You just said something mean, didn’t you?”

Back to Boone and Locke in the jungle, Boone is saying they have to tell the others about the hatch.  Locke doesn’t want to. He says they aren’t ready, that they won’t understand. Boone tells him he has to tells Shannon, she’s his sister.

LOCKE: Why do you care about her so much?
BOONE: You don't know her, man.  She's smart and she's special in a lot of  ways.
LOCKE:  Fair enough.
BOONE:  She's been asking me about this.  I can't keep lying to her.
LOCKE:  You mean "you can't keep lying to her" or "you can't stand the way she  
makes you feel because you're lying to her"?
BOONE:  Both.  Whatever.  

BOONE:  Look, she can keep a secret.
LOCKE:  You're sure?
BOONE:  Yes, I'm sure.
LOCKE:  No, I mean, are you sure you want to do this?
BOONE:  I gotta get her off my back.  She keeps asking me about this.  She keeps  
asking me about you, about the whole thing.
LOCKE:  Are you sure you've thought through the ramifications?
BOONE:  Yes.
LOCKE:  So be it.

As Boone starts to walk away, Boone takes out his knife and hits Boone on the back of the head knocking him unconscious.

Later that day, as Boone regains consciousness, he realizes he is tied to a tree.  Locke is mixing the paste in the bowl again.  Boone keeps asking him what it is, Locke doesn’t speak.  He tells him he won’t tell anyone about the hatch.  Locke tells him he is doing this for his own good, it’s time for him to let go of some things.  He takes the paste and smears it on the wound on the back of Boone’s head.  After he puts the goop on his head he starts to leave.  Boone asks if he’s gonna just leave him there.  He tells him camp is four miles due west.  He takes out a knife and throws it to the ground just out of Boone’s reach.  He tells him he can cut himself loose when he has the motivation to do so.  He walks away into the jungle, with Boone yelling for help.

Flashback to Oz:
Boone is sitting in the police station.  The police tell him they are sorry, they’ll need more to go on.  Boone is telling them that his sister is with a “psycho,” she picks the wrong sort of men.  He is apparently trying to get them to help get her away from Bryan.  In the background we see Sawyer:

SAWYER:  ... I was just sitting at that crappy, little bar, minding my  
own business when this guy fell on my (something).  (louder)  It was his bottle.  
I just gave it back to him. (Boone turns to look at him.)  Hey, yo, croc hunter!  How come nobody wants to hear my side of the story, huh?  Just what kind of ...  

The officer tells Boone if “that” were her mate then they could do something…The officer wants to know why they have different last names.  Boone explains that they’re not really siblings – her father married his mother.  He was ten, she was eight at the time.  The officer then tells him, there’s really nothing they can do.  There’s been no complaint from Shannon, they’re not even blood kin.  

Next scene shows Boone on the docks talking to Bryan.  Tells him he wants to talk about his sister.  Bryan tells him to “bugger off.”  Boone tells him he doesn’t understand.  Tells him he is the third guy he’s had to pay off to rescue Shannon.  Offers him $25,000 US.  Bryan says he loves her.  Boone asks how much.  Bryan says his love for her is closer to $50,000.  Boone writes the check.

Back on the island.  Kate and Sun working in the “garden.”  Kate is talking telling Sun how she ended up on the plane (lies and tells her she was headed for Bali and somehow ended up on a plane to LA).  Sun smiles… Kate realizes she understood and gets her to admit she speaks English.  

Back to the beach where Jin and Hurley are in the water fishing… Hurley steps on a sea urchin.  Jin helps him to shore.. trying to remove the spines from Hurley’s foot.. Hurley keeps yelling “Just pee on it!!” (this is actually a pretty hilarious scene, recapping is no where NEAR as amusing as Hurley trying to explain to this guy who speaks no English.)
Jin eventually tells him NO NO NO… and  

Back in the jungle – Sayid is making a compass with a sewing needle and a magnet and water.  Locke comes up, tells Sayid he’s sorry he startled him, been out hunting with Boone.. and he’s taking the afternoon off.. letting Boone do the hunting (Boone??), he’s “eager to learn.”  Locke asks Sayid what he’s doing.  Sayid is orienteering to try and make sense of Danielle’s map.  They talk abit… and Locke gives Sayid his compass.  Sayid asks does he not need it; Locke tells him “not anymore” and walks away.

Back in the jungle Boone is still tied to the tree.  He hears Shannon yelling in the woods. (os = off screen)

SHANNON:  (os)  Somebody help me!

BOONE:  Who's that?

SHANNON:  (os)  Boone?!

(He looks around to see if he sees her)

BOONE:  Shannon!  I'm tied up!

SHANNON:  (os)  What?

(He looks again, flapping sounds)

BOONE:  Can you get over here?

SHANNON:  (os)  I'm tied up, too!

(More flapping sounds, and the creature growling and tearing through the trees)

SHANNON:  (os)  (screams)  Boone!

BOONE:  Hold on, Shannon, I'm coming!

(Boone tries to find something to help him get loose.)  

SHANNON:  (os)  Boone!  It's getting closer!  Somebody help me!

(Boone looks at the knife.)  

SHANNON:  (os)  Boone!

(Boone struggling to get to the knife, pulling against the ropes)

BOONE:  Aah!

(Creature is growling.)  

SHANNON:  (os)  Please, Boone!

(Strains again to try and get the knife.)

BOONE:  Aaaah!!

(His hand just barely reaches the knife handle and he grabs it.  The creature is getting louder)      

SHANNON:  (os)  Boone!

(Boone cuts himself free and runs though the woods)

BOONE:  Shannon!

(Finds Shannon tied to a tree)

SHANNON:  Please, Boone!  Boone, help me!  

(Goes over and cuts Shannon free.)  

SHANNON:  Hurry!

BOONE:  I'm trying.  

SHANNON:  Please.

(Creature louder and apparently getting closer.)  

SHANNON:  Please hurry!

(Boone gets Shannon loose and she takes off running)
BOONE:  Go!  Go!

(Boone and Shannon running through the woods to get away from the creature)

BOONE:  Come on!

(Boone stops and looks around.)  

SHANNON:  Run!  

BOONE:  No! No, no!  In here.  In here.

(Boone grabs Shannon and they run to the cover of one of the large trees, the ones with the big roots that make sort of a cage.  He tries to cover her and protect her with his body)

(The creature's casts a shadow on the tree and growls, Boone looks up as he hears the creature breathing – then sunlight again, creature moves away, trees rustle, a bird squawks and the flapping sound again.  Then silence)

Boone is holding Shannon, listening and waiting to make sure that the creature is indeed gone, when the creature suddenly rams into the tree, shaking the branches.  The creature keeps hitting the tree over and over and over (and of course this is where it goes to commercial.. LOL)

Back in the jungle, we have Sayid and Jack, talking about directions – which was is north?  Discuss where the sun is setting, so that is west, so.. that direction must be north.  Sayid agrees, then shows him the compass Locke gave him showing “north” in a totally different direction.  They decide that Locke’s compass is defective.

Back to Boone and Shannon in the woods, the creature is gone and they are talking about what he did to piss off Locke and make him tie Boone up… flashback to OZ:

Boone has gone to Shannon’s house to pick her up and get her out of Australia.  He asks about bags, etc… says they need to go.  She tells him to come back later.  Bryan comes out, and Boone realizes that Shannon and Bryan have set him up.  

BOONE:  You set me up.  This whole thing was a setup.

BRYAN:  She's just getting what she's owed.

BOONE:  What did you say?

BRYAN:  She told me your mum screwed Shannon over after her daddy died, kept all  
her father's money for herself.  Oh, sweet mum you got there.

Boone looks at Shannon.

BOONE:  (to Shannon)  This isn't the first time, is it?    Oh, you've done this  
before, you little bitch.

(Bryan grabs Boone by the arm)

BRYAN:  All right, that's enough.

BOONE:  Don't touch me, you lowlife piece of --

(Boone and Bryan begin pushing and punching)

SHANNON:  Bryan, get off of him!

(Bryan is getting the better of Boone, still punching.)

SHANNON:  Get off of him!  

(Shannon grabs Bryan and pulls him off Boone.)  

SHANNON:  Get off

Bryan gets up, looks at Shannon and goes out the door, slamming it behind him.

Back to the beach, Jack and Locke are talking about Boone.  Jack asks where he is, Locke says he hasn’t seen him all day.  Jack says they’ve been attached at the hip for the last week.  Locke checks his hip, “Nope, no Boone”.. J  Talk of boar and not being able to find any, thinks they may migrate away from the human predators.

Back to Kate and Sun in the garden, talking.  Sun tells her that Michael is the only other one who knows she speaks English.  Tells her Jin doesn’t know, it’s complicated.  Kate agrees to keep the secret.

Hurley and Jin on the beach.  Hurley is asking Jin if he speaks English… Jin just looks at him and smiles and goes back to work.  

HURLEY: Cause there’s a rumor that you do.

Jin just smiles and keeps working

HURLEY: Your wife is hot!

Jin just smiles and keeps working.  He gives Hurley some sort of fish/oyster/etc. that he’s opened.  Hurley eats it and throws up.

Jack and Charlie in the caves.  Jack gives Charlie some aspirin.  They talk about Locke.  Charlie thinks he “killed all his mates the day his mum forgot to put a cookie in his lunch tin.”  Now trusts him, says John Locke is the one person he has faith in to save them.

Hurley, Michael, Walt, Kate, Jack, Jin, and Sun… small talk around the cave, Michael found his bag, Walt and the dog are playing.. Jin brings Hurley more fish.  Jin and Sun go off talking in Korean.. Jack and Kate sit and talk.

Back in the jungle with Boone and Shannon:

SHANNON:  Are you sure we're going in the right direction?

BOONE:  If you don't want to follow me, don't.

SHANNON:  I wouldn't have to follow you if you weren't best friends with the  
nutcase who brought us out here.  You and Locke weren't hunting, were you?  You  
were doing something else.

BOONE:  Haven't we been over this before?

SHANNON:  You're a horrible liar, Boone.

BOONE:  We weren't doing anything.

SHANNON:  Why are you keeping secrets for this guy?

BOONE:  Do you know who "this guy" is?  He's the only one here that has a clue  
to what's going on.

SHANNON:  What is that supposed to mean?
BOONE:  It means he's smart.

SHANNON:  He tied us up, Boone.

(Boone keeps walking, Shannon grabs his arm and stops him)

SHANNON:  Why?

BOONE:  We found something.

SHANNON:  What?

BOONE:  While we were out looking for Claire, we found this -- this piece of  
metal buried in the jungle.  We've been excavating it.  That's what we've been  
doing.  

SHANNON:  A piece of metal.  

BOONE:  A hatch buried in the dirt.

SHANNON:  Like a door?

(Flapping sounds in the background)

BOONE:  Yeah, Shannon, that's what a hatch is.

SHANNON:  Where does it go?

BOONE:  I don't know, but I told him I wanted to tell you, and that's when he  
did this.

(Birds, then silence.  Trees then start being ripped up by their roots, the creature is back.  Boone and Shannon take off running. Boone running, Shannon behind him.)

BOONE: Come on!

(The run, creature being loud, screeching behind them.  As Shannon runs toward Boone, she is picked up, kicking and screaming.  Thud, more screams, another thud.  Boone looks back and sees Shannon.)

BOONE:  No!
(Boone runs on, looking up) (and, of course, we get commercial.. J)

(back from commercial) Boone is running through the jungle screaming for Shannon. We flashback to Oz:

Boone is packing to go home, there’s a knock on the door.

BOONE:  What do you want?

SHANNON:  Bryan took the money.  He's gone.

BOONE:  So the player got played.  That's poetic, don't you think?

SHANNON:  I knew you'd bring the money.  I knew you would.

BOONE:  You are drunk.  

SHANNON:  Do you wanna know why?

BOONE:  Guess it doesn't really matter. You're going to tell me, anyway.

SHANNON:  Because you're in love with me.

BOONE:  What?

SHANNON:  You brought the money because you're in love with me.

BOONE:  You show up here plastered.

SHANNON:  You've always been in love with me.

BOONE:  You've always been a self-centered little bitch, but now you're  
delusional.

SHANNON:  I've always known it.

BOONE:  You're sick.

SHANNON:  No ...

(Shannon steps closer to Boone)

SHANNON:  (quietly)  Boone.

BOONE:  (whisper)  Stop.

SHANNON:  It's okay.

(Shannon kisses his ear.)  

BOONE:  Shannon ...

SHANNON:  It's okay.

(They kiss.)  

(They fall back onto the bed and continue to kiss.)  

(fade out and back in a bit later, Boone is sitting on the bed in the dark.)

SHANNON:  Boone.

BOONE:  What?

SHANNON:  When we get back to L.A., ...  

(Shannon turns on the light, she’s in a chair by the door)
SHANNON:  ... you should just tell your mom that ... you rescued me again, just  
like you always do, and then we'll just go back.

BOONE:  To what?

SHANNON:  To what it was.

BOONE:  Like it's all up to you.

SHANNON:  Get dressed.

Back in the jungle, Boone is still looking for Shannon.  A stream is running in the background.  Boone climbs down the rocks toward the stream and sees blood in the water.  He looks downstream and sees Shannon lying on a rock in the stream, blood everywhere.. rushes to her.  He lifts her up, tries to revive her… She’s bloody and mangled.. holds her close and cries.

Back in the jungle – (some time has passed) Boone is walking back and comes upon Locke sitting by a fire.  Boone is covered in blood.  Boone pulls the knife and runs to attack Locke, telling him “It killed her!”  Locke deflects the attack.   They are on the ground.

LOCKE:  You made it back.

BOONE:  That thing killed my sister.  It's your fault.  You drug her out there.

LOCKE:  Your sister?

BOONE:  Don't play dumb with me.

LOCKE:  Calm down.

BOONE:  She died in my arms.

LOCKE:  Why is there no blood on you?

Boone checks and there is no blood on him.  

BOONE:  (scared)  What the hell just happened to me out there?

LOCKE:  I don't know.  I don't know.  You tell me.

(Locke pushes Boone back onto the ground.)  

LOCKE:  But your sister, Shannon ...

Locke points:

SHANNON:  (os)  I mean, I could spend a day...

Boone looks and sees Shannon and Sayid carrying water bottles to the cave's  
water for a refill.  

SAYID:  Sorry to spoil it ...  

Boone watches as they fill the bottles and go on their way.

BOONE:    She was dead.

LOCKE:  Is that what it made you see?

BOONE:  What made me see?   That stuff you put on my head?  You drugged me?

LOCKE:  I gave you an experience that I believed was vital to your survival on  
this island.

BOONE:  It wasn't real?

LOCKE:  It was only as real as you made it.

BOONE:  (whispers)  I saw her.  I saw her die.

LOCKE:  How did you feel ... when she died?

BOONE:  I felt -- I felt -- I felt relieved.    I felt relieved.

LOCKE:    Yes.  Time to let go.

Shannon is still talking with Sayid.  Locke picks up his backpack.

LOCKE:  Follow me.

Boone looks at Locke, then back and Shannon and Sayid.  Locke heads into the jungle.  Boone gets up and follows Locke.

The end.. J
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

Re: Hearts and Minds
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 2:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

man, this is gonna be confusing with them skipping half the eppies
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.