Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:56pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Hunting Party - January 18 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Hunting Party - January 18
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Hunting Party - January 18  (Read 652 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

The Hunting Party - January 18
« on: Dec 30th, 2005, 12:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Episode 2.11: The Hunting Party
Airdate: January 18, 2006

Jack, Locke and Sawyer pursue a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded "Others" in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want." Monica Dean, Ronald Guttman and John Terry guest star amongst others.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: The Hunting Party - January 18
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 6:02pm »

01/04 - Where's Walt? At the end of the November 30 episode, Michael sat down at the hatch's computer and got a shock: a message addressed to "Dad." Is it really from his missing son, Walt? Or might it be the handiwork of the deadly Others who nabbed him? Our lips are sealed, but we'll get closer to an answer when someone makes a chilling return in the January 18 episode. [...] And on January 18, we'll finally learn some of the problems that plagued Jack's marriage to Sarah and why that's bad news for any romance with Kate. Source: TV Guide (Printed edition)
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:43pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 12:40pm »

Links to the promos for "Hunting Party"

US
http://www.thetailsection.com/

Canadian
http://rapidshare.de/files/10884813/Lost_211_Hunting_Party_Cdn_promo.mpg .html
IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 12:50pm »

No discussion on this episode yet Sad

Cool episode because we get to see Zeke, as Sawyer calls him, haha.

However, what's up with the torches?  It seems that they were turned on by an instant light switch or something because they all turned on at the exact same time.  Gas torches?

Why did Kate have to ruin things.  Angry  Now we have bad guys with real guns instead of BB pellets.  

When they do the backstories, does the person actually think about the past at that moment they switch to the backstory, or is it just a transition for the audience to see?
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 10:16pm »

on Jan 20th, 2006, 12:50pm, Deekeryu wrote:

However, what's up with the torches?  It seems that they were turned on by an instant light switch or something because they all turned on at the exact same time.  Gas torches?

That was sort of strange that they all lit up at once.  If they had some sort of fuel (kerosene, gasoline, etc) and put a match/light to it, would they flare up that quickly?

Quote:

Why did Kate have to ruin things.  Angry  Now we have bad guys with real guns instead of BB pellets.  

There was a comment on The Fuselage that the gun "zeke" had was an old German luger (??) from WW2?  Possibly a link to the "numbers" guy in Australia??

Quote:

When they do the backstories, does the person actually think about the past at that moment they switch to the backstory, or is it just a transition for the audience to see?

I've wondered the same thing, as the flashbacks tend to have some relevance to what's going on at that point.  

Did you catch the "Bring her out, Alex" from 'Zeke'?  Alex is the name of Danielle's daughter... who supposedly was taken by the "Others"...  

Also, did anyone else think that 'Zeke' looked like he didn't know who Ethan was when Jack mentioned him?  To me he looked like he didn't know what he was talking about, then just sort of passed it over and went on...  

As for Jack and his Army... I think he may be the first one going "sick"... what sort of army can he possibly form - especially when the Others can see everything they do??

And finally, is this the only group of "Others" or are there more... and how do the "Others" relate to the "smoke monster?"
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2006, 10:25pm by yesteach » IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 1:37pm »

Quote:
That was sort of strange that they all lit up at once.  If they had some sort of fuel (kerosene, gasoline, etc) and put a match/light to it, would they flare up that quickly?

I would think so.

Quote:
There was a comment on The Fuselage that the gun "zeke" had was an old German luger (??) from WW2?  Possibly a link to the "numbers" guy in Australia??

How is that linked to Desmond?  
Also, when Sawyer was shot, it didn't really seem to hurt him, other than to make him bleed, and that's why I thought it was shot from a bb gun.

Quote:
id you catch the "Bring her out, Alex" from 'Zeke'?  Alex is the name of Danielle's daughter... who supposedly was taken by the "Others"...  

Also, did anyone else think that 'Zeke' looked like he didn't know who Ethan was when Jack mentioned him?  To me he looked like he didn't know what he was talking about, then just sort of passed it over and went on...  

As for Jack and his Army... I think he may be the first one going "sick"... what sort of army can he possibly form - especially when the Others can see everything they do??

And finally, is this the only group of "Others" or are there more... and how do the "Others" relate to the "smoke monster?"

Yeah, I noticed the Alex call-out.  Obviously it has to be Danielle's daughter.

I don't really know the Ethan story since I hadn't watched Lost at that point really.

Whatever army it is, it's better than nothing for defense or missions. But how many others are there.  Looked like around 12 when they had the Zeke meeting.

IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 2:38pm »

on Jan 21st, 2006, 1:37pm, Deekeryu wrote:

How is that linked to Desmond?  

Not Desmond, he wasn't from Australia... I was talking about the guy that Hurley was there to see about the numbers.  Maybe you hadn't started watching at that point... in Season 1 Hurley got the numbers from this guy Lenny in a mental institution (the one he tells Jack that he was in).  When he plays them to win the lottery and all the "bad stuff" starts to happen, he goes back and asks Lenny where he got the numbers... he started ranting and going on about some guy named Sam Toomey who lived in Australia... so Hurley went to see him to find out about the numbers... when he got there, Toomey was dead. According to the wife, he and his friend Lenny heard the numbers coming from a transmission when they were in the navy in WW2 (??).  He commited suicide after he used the numbers to win some game guessing how many beans were in a jar 4,815,162,342 to be exact... and "bad stuff" started happening to him as well.  Hurley was on his way back from Australia to LA, which is why he was on flight 815.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2006, 2:39pm by yesteach » IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 12:50pm »

Oh i see.  This sequence of numbers causing harm is really like fantasy stuff to me.  I wonder how they are going to make it sound believable when it all unravels.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 3:01pm »

I don't know how they're going to tie them in, but I do think they're important... watch the episode next week.  It explains about the numbers and where they came from and all the connections there are with them.

Also, in addition to all the references in the episode next week, they are the same numbers that are on the medicine bottles in the hatch that Desmond has been injecting himself with.  And, as you know, they're also the numbers that they have to input every 108minutes..  

Watch Numbers next week, I think there's more there than we realized the first time.. otherwise, why rerun an episode from Season 1??  There are plenty others from this season that haven't been repeated... ??

IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 7:30pm »

on Jan 20th, 2006, 10:16pm, yesteach wrote:

See now, I caught his reaction, but I took it in the opposite.  I thought he looked like he was having an "oh shit!" moment, until they said Ethan and then he was relieved.  It made me think that there is a second spy in the camp, and Zeke thought he was caught.  I have to think Ethan was working on his own.  No one came to back him up with Claire.  No one came after Claire again once they killed Ethan.  I almost felt like Zeke didn't even recognize the name "Ethan".
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2006, 7:31pm by Rhune » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 8:45pm »

Interesting that you should say that, because there's alot of speculation floating around the net that there is a spy... with Locke being the most likely suspect.  I began wondering about him after I re-watched some of season 1 and the opener of season 2 again.  That "What do you want from me?" thing he keeps doing... and his comment to Jack in "White Rabbit" about having looked into the "eye of the island and it was beautiful".. I'm wondering if they got him in "Walkabout" when he first saw the monster.. ??

I rewatched some episodes last night.  First time Ethan appears is in the episode "Solitary" where Sayid is in the jungle.  He and Locke bring the bag to Hurley that has the golf clubs in that give him the idea to build the golf course.  Locke and Ethan had been out in the jungle hunting all night... hmmm.. curiouser and curiouser...
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2006, 6:45am by yesteach » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.