Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:43pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Lost's Hidden Secrets Revealed! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Lost's Hidden Secrets Revealed!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lost's Hidden Secrets Revealed!  (Read 606 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 3:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

by Nerina Rammairone  
TV Guide

It's not hard to find links between the castaways on ABC's Lost (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET). Jack's dad once shared a drink with Sawyer. And the box company Locke worked for? Hurley owned it. The current season is raising the stakes, with plenty of blink-and-you'll-miss-them clues that reveal other ways the Losties' paths have crossed. "There is a design," says Lost cocreator Damon Lindelof. Here's proof. (Photographic evidence appears on page 16 of the Dec. 19 "My Big Year" issue of TV Guide.)  

KATE AND SAYID: When Kate visited her Army stepdad at a military recruiting station in the episode "What Kate Did," Sayid popped up on a TV behind her. Similarly, last season during a flashback, Jin entered a house where Hurley was on a Korean TV news program highlighting his lottery win.

HURLEY AND WALT: Who's the missing boy pictured on the milk carton Hurley chugged inside the hatch's pantry during a recent dream sequence? Yep, that's Walt. Was it just Hurley's imagination? Maybe. Maybe not.

CLAIRE AND DESMOND: The drawings on a wall in the hatch — possibly scribbled by Desmond — look hauntingly similar to the paintings that cluttered Claire's loft last season when she told her boyfriend she was pregnant with his child. Coincidence? Well, nothing on Lost ever is.

Indeed, everything means something on Lost. That orientation film in the hatch? It's full of clues to some of the island's biggest mysteries. "The fans have come to expect 'Easter eggs' and that's why we can't do them every week," says Lindelof. "We do it when it's cool." Here are but a few examples. (Photographic evidence appears on page 28 of the Dec. 26 "2006 TV Preview" issue of TV Guide.)

THE DHARMA INITIATIVE LOGO: The film isn't the only place this insignia has appeared. A logo like the one for the privately funded social-science project known as the Dharma Initiative was on almost everything in the hatch (aka Station 3) as well as on the shark that menaced Sawyer and on the fuselage of Flight 815. Was the plane rigged to crash as part of an experiment?

POLAR BEARS: As orientation-film narrator Dr. Marvin Candle explains the purpose of the Initiative — to create a space where scientists and freethinkers alike could study everything from electromagnetism to zoology — two polar bears flash on screen. (They look just like the ones in Hurley's comic book!) Perhaps these bears escaped the research facility and are now wreaking havoc on the island?

FOUNDING FATHERS: B.F. Skinner followers and University of Michigan doctoral candidates Gerald and Karen DeGroot started the Initiative in 1970. Age them about 35 years and they look a lot like the Others who snatched Walt. Hmm....

IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Lost's Hidden Secrets Revealed!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 5:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 3rd, 2006, 3:44pm, lakelady wrote:

KATE AND SAYID: When Kate visited her Army stepdad at a military recruiting station in the episode "What Kate Did," Sayid popped up on a TV behind her. Similarly, last season during a flashback, Jin entered a house where Hurley was on a Korean TV news program highlighting his lottery win.

I had to go back and rewatch this one... can't believe I missed that!! I caught Sawyer in the background at the police station with Boone, and Hurley on the TV in Korea... how on earth did I miss Sayid??  It's an interesting little clip if you watch it in slow motion.  Not sure what's going on... lots of speculation at The Fuselage about timelines and when exactly this was happening... he looks like he's in military fatigues of some sort, and he was a member of the Republican Guard during Desert Storm... so who knows why he'd be on tv.. news?  report?  recruting film?

Here's a promotional shot for this episode, so I'm guessing his TV appearance is related to the promo pic: http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayim age&album=816&pos=1

Quote:

THE DHARMA INITIATIVE LOGO: The film isn't the only place this insignia has appeared. A logo like the one for the privately funded social-science project known as the Dharma Initiative was on almost everything in the hatch (aka Station 3) as well as on the shark that menaced Sawyer and on the fuselage of Flight 815. Was the plane rigged to crash as part of an experiment?

The logo was not on the plane fuselage, that picture had been doctored, according to TPTB on The Fuselage.  Not sure who said it, but I can go find out.  It WAS however on the shark.  And the logo on the shark was NOT the same as the one in the hatch... it's a different logo.  Also, the one in the "tailies" hatch was a different logo than the one from the "fusies" hatch.  Speculation is that there will be three more, one for each of the six stations mentioned on the film.

Here's a link to the plane shot, http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayim age&meta=topn&cat=7&pos=0
Rumours have floated about this for ages... ever since the DVD's came out in September.  Someone said they spotted it on the DVD, and it got posted... other's say it was doctored with PhotoShop.  And after MUCH digging about at The Fuselage, it was Xavier Javier Grillo-Marxuach. Writer, Supervising Producer, who said (and I quote) "i assure you, oceanic 815 was not a dharma plane.... as far as i know..." (http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?t=22034)

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2006, 5:56pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.