Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:21pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Maternity Leave (March 1) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Maternity Leave (March 1)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Maternity Leave (March 1)  (Read 1263 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Maternity Leave (March 1)
« on: Feb 14th, 2006, 5:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

"Maternity Leave" - A desperate Claire, along with Kate and Rousseau, attempts a return to the scene of her kidnapping where she believes she might find the cure for Baby Aaron's mysterious illness. Meanwhile, Jack and Locke must keep their prisoner a secret from the rest of the survivors, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Mr. Eko, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael, Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia and Cynthia Watros as Libby.

Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Tania Raymonde as young girl and William Mapother as Ethan.

"Maternity Leave" was written by Dawn Lambertsen Kelly & Matt Ragghianti and directed by Jack Bender.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Maternity Leave (March 1)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 5:13pm »

It's thought that the "young girl" listed in the credits is Alex, Rousseau's daughter.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 2:40pm »

i've seen in the promos that its three women that are looki ng for the "place", wouldnt u think they would bring a man because there goin' somewhere where claire was taken' , wouldnt there prob. be OTHER?
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 6:32pm »

I'm pretty sure that most of the men would tell them not to go at all and try very hard to stop them.  It's only amongst the women that Claire is going to find support for something like this.  The women are regularly shoved aside and told they are weak by the men on this show, especially by Jack.  I realize he's not saying it in those exact words, but that's exactly the message he's conveying to them.  The only one I've really seen treat the women as with equal strength and competence has been Locke.  

Just to clarify, when I say strength, I'm not talking about physical strength.  I understand anatomy and that Jack is physically capable of doing things that Kate isn't, like lifting something really heavy.  I am talking about the strength inside of us, as a human being, to endure and lead and just be capable.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2006, 6:34pm by Rhune » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 9:40pm »

It's Kate, Claire and Rousseau. She's survived the others for 16 years, and she shoots first and asks questions later, she captured both sayid and henry gale...I'd take her over those lostaway men any day!
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 11:42am »

i dont no about that. i mean there still is sayid who used to be in the army.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 11:53am »

Rousseau captured Sayid and tortured him before he tricked her and escaped... I'm going Rousseau over Sayid even for downright "shoot first ask questions later" tenacity...
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:04am »

MAN!!! That was some mest up episode. At the end when henry was taken to locke. You could tell by the look on henry's face after locke smashed up the plates that hes up to something and prob. an other
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:37pm »

I just got to see it tonight... was out last night and got detained and missed it.. grrrr.  So, I downloaded it on iTunes today at work.  OMG.. it was a great episode... lots of answers and lots of questions...  

Can't believe all the scraggly clothes, beard, everything are fake!!!  "Zeke" an actor.. LOL.  And explains why they took Claire, and what happened and that Rousseau helped her escape, not tried to hurt her.

I'm wondering if the injections have something to do with her drugged state and her willingness to let them do whatever they wanted.  It's the same stuff that Desmond had in the hatch.  Could that be why he was so complacent and stayed?  The injections make you willing to do whatever they tell you??  

Also, did you notice Zeke told Ethan he was supposed to make a list and THEN take her... would that be the same sort of list that Goodwin made on the other side of the island?  Who was good and who wasn't?   And who was the "he" Zeke was concerned about telling that they didn't have a list?  Henry Gale maybe??  Is he there to do what Ethan didn't get done?

The whole time Henry was questioning Locke I kept thinking.. he's playing with your head Locke... you're smarter than this... don't let him get to you... "crash" dishes everywhere.. ok, so much for that "anger management" class he took.. Angry

And finally, how and why did they desert the medical hatch?  How did they know that Claire and company were coming back there.  They must have left in a hurry because they left all their "costumes."  Are they coming back??  

I also wondered if Kate recognized the name Alex from when she was captured, since Alex was the one who brought her into the camp... and if so, why didn't she mention it?

One more thing I thought of, the song the mobile was playing (the one from Claire's dream!!), it was the same song she asked the couple in Australia to sing to the baby.. the one her father sang to her.. HOW did they know THAT??

All in all, this was a great episode!!!  Like I said, lots of things answered.. and now MORE questions than ever!!
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:38pm by yesteach » IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 2nd, 2006, 7:23pm »

at the end wen ecko went to put up the knife to his chin to cut ogg his little hair dangly thing, i thought he was goin' to kill himself at 1st
IP Logged
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 3:26am »

yes, great episode, I wonder how much Eko knows that he's not telling though.  

I like that Sawyer was almost redeemed here.  Kate needed help and he gave it, he almost seemed like a semi-decent human being!  

I don't know what's up with the locke character, either the writers are being incredibly inconsistent or his character is just a whack job

Last episode, he HELPED Sayid stick Henry Gale in the armory, jack tried to stop it and John resisted him at every turn.  This week, Jack is the one that wants to keep him in there and Locke is the one that wants him to come out.  Jack is giving Locke's arguments and Locke is giving Jacks.
IP Logged
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 5:51am »

This was a messed up episode.

I too was wondering about the deserted Dharma bunker. Part of me thinks it was just a place they knew about and used when they had Claire and to keep their disguises.

Yeah, Henry getting to Locke was odd. Locke was always the deep thinker in the group and to let Henry rattle him like that is out of character. Then again, Locke has been getting resentful of Jack for some time (moving the guns) and while I don't think he wants to be the chief he just doesn't want to be an indian either. I think he wants a bit of self autonomy to do what he needs to do without question.

The big question that popped into my head is what the others are really doing out there?

They seem to have doctors (med room being prepped for Claire's C section). They have military training. They have disguises.

Also, where is Michael??

Well, it wouldn't be an episode of LOST if it didn't answer a few questions but make a few more for you to solve.
IP Logged
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 6:51am »

I was wondering if there are "others" and the Dharma group dressed up like them as disguises, or if there never were any other people on the island.  At first I had an "aha!" moment when I saw "Mr. Friendly, minus disguise, talking to Ethan:  Dharma people must be the others.  But, what if there are other people PLUS the Dharma group.  Something to think about.

I suspect there is another section of bunker that the Dharma people moved to when they abandoned the one Claire was in.  They couldn't be sure she wouldn't remember how to get there, so they left.   All these bunkers could be connected but separated by walls that look permanent but aren't.  Similar to the blast doors.

I think the baby was being injected in vitro with the vaccine.  Claire was drugged by other means.
IP Logged
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 7:35am »

I forget the specifics but wasn't there a total of 9 places? Swan, etc...

I got the impression that they were all over the world. After this bunker maybe all of them are on the island.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Mar 3rd, 2006, 7:49am »

six of them.. because the orientation film said "Station 3 of 6"  I've always thought they were all on the island, the "hatch" the tailies found had a different symbol... an arrow... so I'm guessing the "medical" facility is the third one we've seen...

by the way, welcome back.. haven't seen you here in a while.. Cheesy
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.