Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 12:31pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Beginning of the End (Jan 31) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Beginning of the End (Jan 31)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Beginning of the End (Jan 31)  (Read 822 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

The Beginning of the End (Jan 31)
« on: Jan 20th, 2008, 10:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In the season premiere episode, "The Beginning of the End," feeling that their rescue is close at hand, the survivors don't know whether to believe Charlie's final message that the people claiming to liberate them are not who they seem to be. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 90-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets. "Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Harold Perrineau as Michael. Guest starring are Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Sam Anderson as Bernard, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Michael Cudlitz as Mike Walton, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abbadon, Grisel Toledo as orderly, Steven Neumeier as Lewis, Billy Ray Gallion as Randy, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday and John Terry as Christian Shephard. Source: ABC
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

Re: The Beginning of the End (Jan 31)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 1:51pm »

im so pumped for lost to come back on, i hate watching episodes i've seen 10 times i like to watch things that suprises me, im kinda pissed though b/c there just gonna stop showing new episodes in like 2-3 months b/c of this damn strike
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:07pm »

I know.. there are 8 episodes, so that will get us through March 20??
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 9:41pm »

if there aren't any interruptions with the scheduling which is usually the case
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 10:51pm »

no interruptions... they were scheduled 16 straight weeks, which got shortened to 8 with the strike... I'm so ready!
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29th, 2008, 11:55pm »

TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 1:46pm »

wow wat a depressing episode, there probably just setting up the ground work of season 4
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 1st, 2008, 8:52pm »

I loved it... so many more questions to ponder... I'm still dissecting Smiley
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 2nd, 2008, 9:20pm »

I kind of thought it was a bit "dull". I was expecting it to start with another "eye shot" and was waiting for the "wth" moment (the premiere episodes of seasons 2 and 3 were one of the best) but didn't see one. It's like a continuation of season 3 finale, like a regular episode.

Now, more questions! I thought the Hurley was part of the Oceanic 6 (spoilerish, so I won't elaborate), but he was not with Jack's group (Jack and Kate got saved). And they talked about "coming back", because some were left behind??
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:46am »

I think something must happen after the Freighties get there to change Hurley's mind... not sure what.  

I liked it... Christian sitting in Jacob's cabin was sort of a WTH moment... Charlie being there was a surprise for me, no one knew he was guesting!  That's one of the few things that didn't get out in any spoilers I've seen.  

I think it was a good "tie-in" from the end of season 3 to get season 4 off to a good start... after all, it's been 8 months... maybe they thought some continuation would be good for refreshing memories and pulling in new viewers?

So far, from what I've read.. these 8 episodes should be good.... and the latest news is the writers' strike may soon be over.. so we MIGHT actually get a few more episodes... if I recall correctly D&C said that all 16 are written, the only need for writers was for edits and re-writes as they film... so maybe they can get a few more produced and aired.. Smiley
IP Logged

Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 5:58pm »

I hope this strike is "at the beginning of the end".   The writer's strike is VERY close to ending according to NBC news tonight. How happy does that make me? Grin    I hope it ends soon enough to get the actors back to work and maybe even more episodes of LOST to come.

What's your best guess about Christian sitting in Jacob's chair?  Did Jacob assume a new body ?Who's eye was that?  Lindelof and Cuse said Mikhael was definitely dead in their audio podcast last fall, and the eye didn't look like his anyway...yet that's all I hear.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 3rd, 2008, 7:26pm »

I think it was Locke's eye... I think he went to the cabin to be "healed" by Jacob.. he's getting around much too well for a guy who was just shot!

I just heard on the news tonight, that IF it is resolved this week, we could have new shows by March... which means LOST might actually be able to finish their season!!!!  I'm almost certain I read somewhere that they have the epis all written already, but needed the writers for edit/re-writes that sort of thing.. so production stopped.  If they can get back to work, they might be able to at least get some of the remaining 8, if not all of them, to finish out the season.

Not sure about Christian/Jacob - have read speculation that perhaps Jacob can assume the body of corpses, but that's a bit creepy!

I am excited about this season... so many more questions to keep you guessing... and all the new characters - Mr. Abbdon (the 'lawyer' from the hospital), and the four new characters coming this week from the freighter... should be a good season all around!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.