Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 12:37am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Jolanda Jones' Episode 3 Review »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Jolanda Jones' Episode 3 Review
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jolanda Jones' Episode 3 Review  (Read 1019 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Jolanda Jones' Episode 3 Review
« on: Feb 17th, 2006, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

From Jolanda this morning....

Too Much Of Something Can’t Be Too Good for You Plus A Little Bit of A Lot of Other Things

La Mina – I was for you too much for it to last as long as it should have.  You’re so strong physically that at a couple of crucial times you forgot to think.  You would have won Immunity had you taken time to think in the final moments of Immunity.  How did Bobby break free?  He against Ruth Marie was a no-brainer and it was also no-contest.  Bobby’s foot speed and strength against Ruth Marie’s lack thereof should have never happened.  That was Terry’s first mistake.  His second mistake was orchestrating Misty’s vote off.    

Let’s go back.  The editor’s really got me.  They lead me down a rabbit trail and I jumped down it with full force and conviction.  When the show started, I thought, Bruce was going to be the goner at the end of the episode.  I was wrong.  I thought that based on what they showed Bruce saying, “I emerged at the top of the tribe”.  Normally when they edit a person making a bold statement like that, that person is in the perfect position to be the one with their torch snuffed out.  Take me for example on Palau, “I’d like to be the leader if allowed”.  Ulong’s response, “We don’t need a leader.  We’re fine individually!”.   Result: “Jolanda, the tribe has spoken.”  Dramatic right [ha ha]!  

It also didn’t help that Casaya identified him as the team leader to the enemy.  It was smart of La Mina to get rid of the head.  It was definitely the right decision for La Mina although it sucked for Bruce.  As I stated last blog, I like Bruce.  In Bruce’s words, it was “miserable” and I felt miserable for him.  Bruce did a lot to save him self from being voted off in the Immunity Challenge because he gave some instructions to his teammates which helped his team win Immunity.  Kudos for the editing, except that I still would have liked to have seen Bruce on Exile Island more [that’s six days he’s been there].    

Terry, Terry, Terry, Terry, Terry --  As usual, he saved a many days with his  (1) little “14’ Fish”, (2) four of the five catches [with some coming from behind in dramatic fashion] to win Reward for his team; (3) great first pin/tackle on Bobby, (4) and so on and so on and so on …  With age comes wisdom or so I thought.  Maybe with a lot of sports in your background comes a lot of instinct.    Terry took down Bobby and didn’t let him up but when he was supposed to keep him down; keep him pinned, he let him loose to snatch victory from the hands of Ruth Marie.  Shame on you Terry!  Maybe you’re owed that since you’d been Superman thus far.  I just thought you were a gamer.  Champions step up in crunch time.  Too much strength AND not enough brains.

Shane, Shane, Shane, Shane, Shane -- Bruce was the welcomed leader of Casaya with the exception of Shane the Withdrawal Guy/ Quitter/Jealous/Insecure/Little Boy.  Shane didn’t appreciate what Bruce had to offer.  Go figure.  Bruce got them drinkable water, when they couldn’t figure out how to get it themselves; when they were weak from lack thereof.  Shane didn’t get it but I guess I don’t expect him to; the standard is so low for him.  

Shane has the audacity to state emphatically:  he is in an alliance with three “Nutballs”.  Hello!!!!! Isn’t he the Nutball who created the alliance?  Who the hell is Shane to call anyone a “lunatic” much less Courtney?  Is that the pot calling the kettle black or what?  People who are insane don’t know they’re insane. Likewise, is it just me (the criminal defense lawyer that I am) or does Shane look, talk and act like a crack head?  For those of you who don’t know, a crack head is someone who is addicted to crack cocaine.  For that matter, Shane also looks like he might use methamphetamines.  Let Shane be a lesson:  Addiction Of Any Sort Is Bad, Bad, Bad!!!  Shane lost the second point, in the Immunity Challenge, for Casaya, but for some reason he somehow thought Casaya won Immunity because of him.  Truth be told, Cirie was a star in the Immunity Challenge.  She instructed people on what to do and she used her girth to her team’s advantage.  I was proud of her and Bobby in this episode.  Too much emotion AND not enough objectivity.
Before Bobby kicked &%$! in the Immunity Challenge for Casaya, I was waiting for the stereotype to end:  Can I get Bobby to work and stop chewing on that bark or twig or whatever it is I constantly see being chewed in his mouth?  Thank you Bobby, you used your brain:  you let Ruth Marie get close and think she was going to win then used your strength to win when it counted the most – almost Vince Young-like.  Cirie was the unsung star in the Immunity Challenge.  She instructed people on what to do; she used her girth to her team’s advantage; all the while lulling you to sleep with her non-athletic looking body.  I was proud of her and Bobby in this episode.  Thank goodness I got to see your brain at work Bobby.  Besides that, you had to make up for allowing Terry to whoop up on you.

The young girls, on La Mina, Sally and Misty, appear to appreciate their feminine wilds.  That’s smart; however, the young guys aren’t nearly as dumb as the girls thought they were.  The girls thought they’d think with the lower head while the votes at tribal seemed to support the notion they actually thought with their higher head.  Young people should be glad to hear that the young ones tried and some succeeded with being pensive.  

La Mina seemed initially shrewd in how they appeared to be deciding to vote off the weakest physical specimen – Ruth Marie.  Then Terry re-directed them.  It’s clear he’s the leader although I don’t think his decision to get rid of Misty was a smart one.  He’s already looking out for himself as opposed to the team.  Rather than appreciating Misty’s brain, he’s scared of it.  What if everyone voted for him because of his strength?  In his eyes, what’s good for the goose (strength in whatever form -- physical), obviously isn’t good for the gander (mental strength).  Misty’s marginally superior physical strength over Ruth Marie’s and Misty’s engineering analytical brain over Ruth Marie’s real estate brain would have been needed and probably helpful later on in the game.  We’ll see.  I thought Ruth Marie should have been voted off because she looks incredibly weak and will eventually hurt the team, certainly physically, and eventually mentally.  Exhausted bodies make exhausted minds.  Physical strength is key in this game so early on and to vote it off is to cut of your nose to spite your face.  It’s too early for that.

Finally, the challenges were physical.  As stated previously, you better keep your strength.  The Reward Challenge didn’t seem to difficult.  Anyone who had good hand/eye coordination could catch the slung balls.  You had to have some strength to get the ball deep enough for your teammates to have a chance to catch it.  The Immunity Challenge was a better challenge to me.  I thought it required brute strength and toughness and smarts.  It’s was fun to see the women go at it.  I would have loved to participate in that.  Everyone likes a cat fight.  I just wish I could have seen some of the girls be tomboys.  Not that clawing and scratching but good old fashioned wrestling.  Physical strength and stamina was a premium yet so was strategy.  Why not wait for someone to find the bag, while conserving energy, then use your energy to over power them and race to the pad?  I can’t believe it took so long into the challenge for the teams to figure that out.  I guess it’s better late than never.  It was fun to see how it played out while it lasted.  

I’m looking forward to next week.  Cirie’s back to making me laugh.  Talk with ya next week.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.