Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 7:04am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's Episode 9 Review! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's Episode 9 Review!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's Episode 9 Review!  (Read 695 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's Episode 9 Review!
« on: Apr 19th, 2006, 9:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's Wanda's latest commentary:

"FOR REWARD:  PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES.   Worth playin' for?"   Well, Jeff didn't put the question quite that way this time, but it's a good thing the videos from home (and, as it later turned out, luxury items) were part of the package, because the menu seemed a little on the weak side for this challenge.  Following the "breakfast-in-a-wet-bed" reward with a PBJ luncheon really didn't impress me much.  At our school, in the interests of No Child Left Behind at Lunch, if a kid forgets his lunch money he gets PBJ so he doesn't starve and can work through the afternoon classes, but the default lunch menu is supposed to make him remember to bring his lunch money the next day!  It's also what the cafeteria might serve if the electricity goes out or there's equipment failure at lunch time.  It's the make-do lunch.  

I wonder if they at least got some 12 grain bread.  PBJ on white bread is really very low on my list of things to eat.  I mean, I like peanut butter and probably have peanut butter on an apple for about twenty percent of my carry-my-lunch-to-school meals, but PBJ -- well, I guess it's better than liver or cheap bologna.  And better than mere Pringles and beer, too I guess.  Not much else. It was interesting that there was no footage of the reward winners enjoying the feast!  Wonder what they had to say about it?  Chef's day off?  I could understand it if they were sponsored by Peter Pan or Skippy or Jiff, or maybe by Welchs or Smuckers, but I'm still hoping these folks get fed a little better at the next reward!

Speaking of Welchs, Shane's "we didn't wanna win that reward anyway" speech on the way home sure sound like some kind of grapes to me.  Sour ones!  

I wonder if there'd have been as much excitement over sitting out the immunity challenge if the cheeseburgers had gone with the reward challenge and the pbj with the immunity challenge!

Certainly was interesting to see the lack of participation in the immunity challenge.  I believe it was Cindy in Guatemala who participated in the if-you-want-to challenge with the comment that she came to Survivor to PLAY, to COMPETE, not to eat.  I admire that attitude.  In this group, only the people whose lives were on the line in TC stepped up to play.   Terry's win was no big surprise, either.  When Aras got back first, I strongly suspected Benji Franklin's old "haste makes waste" adage might come into play.  Terry's the man to accomplish both mental and physical objectives just as fast as humanly possible.  We admire Aras for trying to beat Ter, but evidently Aras needed a little more time to get the sequence down.  There is such a thing as losing by going too fast.

The question now is:  Can Terry still win this?  I've been wrong lots of times before, but I say he can do it.  For one thing, Chris of Lopevi faced exactly the same situation in Vanuatu (6 tribe members from Yasir standing between him and the win), and Chris hung in there and beat them all, so we have the precedent that such things have happened.  Secondly, Terry has something Chris didn't have:  an immunity idol.  Third, Terry is by far the most likely to win any challenge, no matter what it calls for.  He's won three individual immunities in a row, and any odds-setter looking at Terry versus anybody from Casaya would say that Terry has "The Right Stuff" (nodding respectfully toward Dan with that allusion) to take on one and all every single time.  He has the motivation and drive to do it, too.   Finally, we know that Cassaya has to start falling apart now.  Since Terry has the immunity idol, next week SOMEBODY from Casaya HAS to go!  The chickens'll be scratching out all possible options in the pecking order.  

Do I want Terry to win?  Absolutely.  He's the best person there in every way -- not just with the strength and intellect to win challenges, but also with the maturity and character that make him the most deserving person to win.  Shane's a creep and needs to go ASAP, as we all know.  (How do people tolerate creeps for so long?)  Bruce with his karate and rock garden isolationism has not integrated well.  Aras is the best of the remaining Casaya men.  As for the women, Cirie's fun but didn't come to the table with any Survivor skills, and her major game contribution (I keep coming back to this with a grimace) is that she engineered taking out Timber Tina, arguably the most competent woman this season, as the first ex-communicant.  Courtney is strange, strong-willed, and somewhat selfish  -- but it was fun to see her use her luxury item, whatever it's called; production knew why they let her have that to add entertainment in the waning weeks of the season.  Danielle -- well, she's at the bottom of her tribe's totem pole and still didn't have the courage to try to shake things up by taking the opportunity to help the LaMina four when the tribes merged.  We'd like to see a little more gamesmanship and sense of adventure.

"LaMina-ing," if it didn't have too many syllables for easy use, could now be a synonym for "Pagonging,"  reflective of the Season One Tagi alliance taking out Pagong four in a row at the merge.   The predictability doesn't make for much excitement for the tv audience, but that part's over now.  We'll stay tuned for THE CRAZY CASAYA CRUMBLE!  CRASHY-BOOM!  Let's go!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.