Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:52pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)  (Read 13456 times)
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Best Buddies        

Member 1               
Name       :       Marc Nelson
Occupation       :       TV Host and Model
Age       :       31
Hometown       :       Philippines

Member 2               
Name       :       Rovilson Fernandez
Occupation       :       TV Host and Magazine Editor
Age       :       30
Hometown       :       Philippines

No Amazing Race show can be without its hunk factor and that is where Marc and Rovilson from the Philippines come in. This is one team with the two flamboyant individuals, who dish out a mixture of comedy and ego with a ton of sass. Both TV hosts by day, Rovilson also works as a magazine editor while Marc is a model, whose face, and rather well toned body, has graced the cover of many magazines.  

From the get-go, the combination of Marc and Rovilson, is a potent mixture that cannot be taken seriously. Otherwise, you will miss out on the constant ribbing dished out by the friends of four years, as they lovingly slam each other with put down and insults, all in the name of friendship.  

Even before the race, Rovilson is very sure that his Aussie buddy will do something disappointing during the competition while Marc is deathly afraid that his American friend will show his true nature in the competition, which happens to be constantly late for everything.  

"But I've learned to accept him as a friend, even with his faults. Plus, I tell him to turn up an hour before he actually needs to be there," Marc quips.  

At the same time, Rovilson happily describes his friend as someone who lets his female co-host do all the dirty work on television, and also hosts beauty pageants for a living.  

Such is the basis of a friendship that started with a mutual friend 4 years ago, which showed both men that they were not that different, as both love a good laugh, and share an equally wicked sense of humor. So what exactly is the biggest difference between them both?  

As Marc puts it with a straight face, "I've got hair."  

Marc is looking forward to the joy of hamming it up with his buddy on screen, and challenging themselves to win. In fact, this is his main reason for competing on the show. "We are the most competitive when we are giving each other a hard time," he points out, subtly revealing that it is not purely about the fun and games when it comes to the top prize.  

So, given their sharp wit, outgoing personality and an ability to dish out as well as they can take, who is the better TV host between the two of them? A laughing Marc believes he has that title in the bag.  

Pointing to his partner, "Even if I have to lug your lazy fat arse all over television, people will get to see who the best TV host is."  

A sly Rovilson counters, "As long as you promise not to bring your stunt double."  

And Rovilson makes this promise to viewers of the show, "We promise you the most animated, exciting, lovable, huggable and most fun team on The Amazing Race Asia."

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/teams/marc-rovilson/index. html

Rovilson's webpage:  
http://profiles.friendster.com/4261083
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:20pm by banzai » IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Marc & Rovilson (Philippines)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 3:35pm »

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/you/super/view_article.php?article_i d=91319

Meet the Clunks

By James Gabrillo
Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines--The show that has captured audiences is back--this time with two of our very own TV hosts hopping along to reprezent y'all.

Okay, enough of the ghetto talk. Exciting times lie ahead for fans and newcomers to Asia's edition of the Emmy Award winning reality-competition series, "The Amazing Race," as "The Amazing Race Asia 2" promises to be bigger and bolder, traveling further and beyond Asia.

Bar none, the original Amazing Race has given viewers a global adventure reality show like no other. Even after 11 awesome installments, fans are not letting go of the show.

The Amazing Race not only just bagged its fifth consecutive Emmy Award, it has won every 'Outstanding Reality-Competition Television Programme' Emmy since the award genre was created.

The first Asian edition too wowed the fans, with over 15 million viewers tuning in for its unique brand of entertainment. With so much behind The Amazing Race franchise, The Amazing Race Asia is set to push the envelope even further in season 2.

So who made the cut this season? 10 feisty teams of varied nationalities and cultural backgrounds from a wide range of Asian nations had beaten out over 2,500 applicants (and even past participants of the original US series) to gain a hot spot in the race for an adventure of a lifetime.

Hi, I'm a Mac, only with an R in the middle

Fast forward to this exciting newsbreak! Our very own TV personalities Rovilson Fernandez and Marc Nelson form one of the two teams from the Philippines. They call themselves Team Rovilson and Marc, or Team Marc and Rovilson, depending on who you're asking.

"We promise to give you the most animated, the most exciting, the most lovable, huggable, most fun team you've ever seen on Amazing Race Asia. Why do you want us? Because we are fit, we are fearless, and best of all, we are the most competitive ... when we are giving each other a hard time," the duo says on their audition video, which was inspired by the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ad campaign of Apple.

Joining the race was Rovilson's suggestion, Marc shares. "We both love the race. We're both going through a stage in our lives where we wanted to do something out of the box, something adventurous. We have traveled together before, we have a very similar sense of humor, and we're into sports. So I was like, hell yeah, let's go! We originally planned to do a backpacking trip in Europe during the time the race was taped, so it was easy to leave. We already told people that we're gonna be away for a month or so. Everything really just kind of came together."

Watch, learn, and win?

Both hosting sports-related shows on the tube, the duo didn't need to prepare much physically. Marc, however, had to work on an important element of the race--running around. "I had to work on my cardio. I hate to run, I really do. It's not my favorite thing. The actual running during the race scared me. I don't do the treadmill on the gym, so I had to step up on my cardio a bit. Mentally, I think I was game."

Rovilson shares, "We had to study a lot on world things, like maps and current events."

In addition, the team fixed their strategies and psyched themselves up by watching a lot of episodes from the past seasons of The Amazing Race. "Every episode we could get our hands on, we watched. Up until the plane ride going to the starting location, Rovilson and I were viewing the show via an iPod!" Marc recalls.

Boys just wanna have fun

When host Allan Wu gave the go signal, the duo was immediately branded as the pretty boys of the game. Rovilson admits that he wasn't surprised. "Everyone was expecting us to be the hunks; but I'd like to think that we were the clowns. We were, well, the Clunks," he shares. Marc, on the other hand, calls their duo "The Village Idiots."

And that's pretty much their on-screen persona. Blasting that dumb-hunks stereotype, Marc and Rovilson are sophisticated, well-traveled, and self-deprecating. Expect the guys to put each other down a lot, all in the name of hamming it up for the cam.

Rovilson shares that he felt motivated by the disappointing performance of the Philippine teams last season--one duo was even eliminated during the very first episode. "Absolutely motivating. I couldn't sleep on the first night of the race. I was dreading that we would come in last on the very first pit stop, with Allan Wu saying --The Philippines has done it again. You are the last team to arrive!'"

Both guys are very confident that the audience will love them. "The whole time, we were very aware that the camera was capturing our every move. We worked it. Hey, we're two guys from TV, so we know how it is. Plus, Marc's there to pose and angle for the camera on my behalf," Rovilson says.

Marc shares, "Anything that has to do with strength or stamina--Rovilson's the man. On the other hand, I have the sense of direction, and I'm really analytical. So we complement each other."

He adds, "On the show, we were the clowns whilst being very competitive. We'd like to think that we had a great time. Yes, it was about winning; but at the end of the day, you wanna have a great time. It's an opportunity of a lifetime. You're traveling around the world with one of your best friends. Sometimes it was really just about kicking back and enjoying it. Sure we play it up sometimes but when they watch the show, they'll see Rovilson and I being Rovilson and I. It's who we are in real life. We are idiots."

Pretty, amazing

While the previous season had contestants facing challenges at major destinations in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and even the Middle East, this season, viewers will get a generous dose of adventure as The Amazing Race Asia 2 goes far and wide, racing across four continents.

Plus, I've been hearing that this season's cast so well. "This is a faster, hipper, younger, more exciting batch. During our first meeting together, I swear, I thought we were in an audition for America's Next Top Model," Rovilson tells me.

Marc adds, "This is the best season of the show. It beats all the other seasons, even the ones from the US. There are some unbelievable characters in this season, including the other Philippine team, a couple from Cavite."

"They are--how do I say it--controversial," Rovilson says.

Aside from the buzz, expect the unexpected. Expect two guys who are out there to have fun. Expect a whole lot of laughs. Expect Team Marc and Rovilson, or Rovilson and Marc to represent the country well.

It's gonna be a blast. Fo' shizzle.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2007, 11:31am by banzai » IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 3:53pm »

I'll never get used to the name Repulsion Revolution Rovilson.
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Sam.
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 4:17pm »

oh i hope they dont in. they look  
creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2007, 4:17pm by Sam. » IP Logged

Vote in my Survivor game: http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=fantasysurvivor;action=display;num=1224335537
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 5:54pm »

on Oct 11th, 2007, 3:53pm, Elle wrote:
I'll never get used to the name Repulsion Revolution Rovilson.

Which is why I chose him for your game! Mwahaha!  Wink
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 9:25pm »

on Oct 11th, 2007, 5:54pm, MK, The Amazing Revolving Door wrote:

Which is why I chose him for your game! Mwahaha!  Wink

I shall refer to him as Rovi in future Smiley
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:13am »

Team Beefy/Hunky. Let's hope they have more brains to match their brawn.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 11:22am »

^^ They already admitted that they're the village idiots. Look like they got lost big time.
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 4:56pm »

They sound smart to me. Usually you have to be have pretty smart to be funny. Although that doesn't mean they can read a map.... and actually since they're from the Philippines, that really lowers their chances of being able to read a map, sorry, but people really don't use maps in this country as far as I can see. But I'll think they do well anyway.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 10:49am »

^ who needs a map when you can ask around! Cheesy (I do know how to read a map. Then again, you haven't "seen" me.) But I think Marc and Rov are not your regular Filipinos (Marc isn't even Pinoy in blood, I don't think), i.e., they are exposed to the American culture so I am HOPING they have also experienced using maps. And remembering rules that are written in the rule book. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2007, 10:50am by JP » IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 1:36pm »

MK, you've noticed from the American version.... Americans can't read maps either.  Wink
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 1:38pm »

As JP said, why read maps when you can always ask? lol
IP Logged

Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:26am »

well that poses a problem if you're asking directions to Chinese.. or reading maps in Chinese.. heheheh..
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:29am »

^ No problem for me! I'd love the advantage. Grin

Come to think of it, Pau, you've just given me an idea for an EVIL task I can use in my game, Thanks! Wink

Bwahahaha!
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:33am by Elizabeth » IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 8:41am »

It's a life skill to know how to read maps?

It's like asking, why do you need to study when you have all the knowledge you want on the internet? Sad
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  7 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.