Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 2:11am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Famie Gets the Last Laugh »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Famie Gets the Last Laugh
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Famie Gets the Last Laugh  (Read 411 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Famie Gets the Last Laugh
« on: Jul 9th, 2002, 6:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.detnews.com/2002/metro/0207/09/a02-532652.htm  

'Survivor' cast can't beat Famie  

By Neal Rubin / The Detroit News  

Famie  
 Chef Paul Bocuse speaks no English, but food is a universal language. So, it turns out, is a practical joke.  
Bocuse, a 76-year-old Parisian, put the ooh in nouvelle cuisine. If he's not the most recognized and influential chef on Earth, he's number deux or trois. Mention his name to the kinds of people who read Bon Appetit and they dissolve into little puddles of vichyssoise.  
Imagine Keith Famie's delight, then, when Bocuse invited him and his camera crew into his kitchen. And picture his star-struck face when Bocuse actually involved Famie in the preparation of a dish.  
Famie was in France a few weeks ago, he says, filming one of his "Keith Famie's Adventures" shows for the Food Network. The series is his reward for living through six weeks of flood, famine and back-stabbing last year on "Survivor: The Australian Outback."  
He and his Detroit-based team will soon be off to Greece to film their 32nd show. The road trips have given him enough material for yet another cookbook -- his third since "Survivor"-- and the world of cuisine is treating him much better than it did when he was failing to make decent rice over an Australian campfire.  
So there he was with Bocuse making poached eggs in red wine, and as if to involve the awed Yank in the process, Bocuse handed him an egg to crack.  
Showing off a bit for the master, Famie gave it his best one-handed flourish -- and the egg stayed whole. He did it once more, again failing to impress the egg or Bocuse. And then he realized he'd been snookered: In a sort of haute cuisine version of a joy-buzzer handshake, Bocuse had given him a hard-boiled egg.  
Trust me. If you had Bon Appetit on your nightstand, you'd be coughing up truffles. But the overall point is that Famie, the most frequently insulted castaway in his troop, is laughing last.  
Colby Donaldson, the runner-up who continued to say un-nice things about the Detroiter for months after the show aired, is an aspiring actor in L.A., going to lots of auditions and getting no jobs.  
The shrewish Jerri Manthey, an unsuccessful actress before "Survivor," has continued on that career path. Her only visible role has been a pictorial in Playboy.  
She said she posed as "another means of my personal expression" and "to show my strength as a woman and to take a stand."  
In other words, she needed the money. Maybe she should have learned to cook.  
IP Logged
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

Re: Famie Gets the Last Laugh
« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 6:56pm »

Roll Eyes Wink
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Gabby
ForumsNet Member

Hugs to you all!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 6:56am »

Cool  Keith remains one of my top-5 favorite Survivors!
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2002, 6:57am by Gabby » IP Logged

This too shall pass.
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 9:48pm »

I liked him too Gabby. I always thought he got a bad rap, and was misunderstood. He just tried too hard, and he was easily misled. Good for him, I'm glad he's doing well.
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.