Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 6:35am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Star Magazine Source: Gabriel and Sean Were "Buddi »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Star Magazine Source: Gabriel and Sean Were "Buddi
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Star Magazine Source: Gabriel and Sean Were "Buddi  (Read 551 times)
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

Star Magazine Source: Gabriel and Sean Were "Buddi
« on: Jan 20th, 2003, 2:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A Star Magazine source claims that Gabriel Cade and Sean Rector were buddies for "almost a year."
BY SURVIVORNEWS.NET
Sunday, March 24, 2002

The tabloid, citing an unnamed "mutual pal" of Sean and Gabriel in an article claiming that the two "cheated," reports that Sean hung out at the Belly Lounge, owned by Mike "Boogie" Malin from Big Brother 2, for almost a year. Gabriel Cade worked at Belly as a bartender since February of last year. The Star source was quoted saying that the two "get together at each others' houses to watch sports and talk about acting." Both Gabriel and Sean are aspiring actors.

Star quoted their source saying that the Survivor casting director Robyn Kass met both Gabriel and Sean at the bar, "Robyn knew them from Belly... they were all friendly. I think she got them on Survivor even though she knew they were close."

The premise of the Survivor show is based on the 16 Americans being "strangers." Friends or acquaintances could theoretically have a greater (or less) tendency to form alliances, or generally have unfair insight about their opponent that the other contestants are not privy to.

In the previous episode 4 of Survivor: Marquesas, Gabriel and Sean got into an apparent argument, where Sean compared the work expectations to slavery.

Sean: "We not going to overexert ourselves knowing we're coming into a situation where we may get voted off anyway. We not trying to prove nothing. We trying to fit in, have fun while we do it, and whatever game y'all five got going."  
Gabriel: "Listen, listen, I want you, I want you, I mean you can think what you're going to think."  
Sean: "Hey, but the thing is, we not gonna go around here like slaves to prove anything to anybody. That's why we gonna rest when we wanna rest. Y'all are Clydesdales. Every last one of y'all are getting up every five seconds, 'yeah um, I'm gonna go fifty mile hiking, ok let's cut up some coconut, let's cut this up.' Let's sit our butts down and freaking relax, man! I'm getting tired of this working around. I'm a grown man out here, and I'm gonna be real with you."  
Gabriel: "I want you to be real with me."  
Sean: "I'm getting tired of this bullshit. We're not tiptoeing around a mother out here, and I'm coming out of my shell and telling you right now, the bottom line, y'all gonna vote us off, vote us off."  

Were the two men strangers who had a spontaneous argument? Or buddies who were acting for camera time or playing a trick on the other contestants?

According to Star, Gabriel denies having a friendship with Sean, and CBS publicist Colleen Sullivan insists that the two competitors never met each other prior to the contest.
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Re: Star Magazine Source: Gabriel and Sean Were "B
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21st, 2003, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I dunno ... The more I hear about Belly's, the more suspicious I get that there's something going on ...
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.