Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:13pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Survivor Auditions »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Survivor Auditions
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Survivor Auditions  (Read 455 times)
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

Survivor Auditions
« on: Jan 15th, 2004, 9:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

www.indystar.com/articles/0/111405-6140-047.html
Survivor: the auditions
Hundreds of Indiana hopefuls try to grab a spot on the popular reality TV series.

Audition by mail
It's not too late to submit an audition tape for "Survivor." You will have to buy your own cassette and pay for postage, however.  
The best way to get the "411" on applying to "Survivor" is to go online at www.cbs.com/primetime/ survivor_application/rules.shtml and download an application.  
The qualifications, rules and disclaimers are quite long! The "Survivor" Web site says that you have until Jan. 27 to apply for the next cycle of the show and that 48 semifinalists will be invited from across the country to Los Angeles in April for further screening.  

By Abe Aamidor
[email protected]
January 15, 2004

Laura "I work in a gravel pit" Hammer came to the "Survivor" casting call in her favorite work togs -- genuine insulated Carhartt overalls.

Hammer, a 45-year-old crane operator in Martinsville, was one of more than 300 aspiring island castaways who showed up Tuesday at Hubler Chevrolet in Indianapolis to try out for "Survivor," the wildly popular CBS "reality" TV series.

"People love Rupert. They're going to love me," Hammer told the camera. "I fish. I swim. I can live off the land."

WISH (Channel Cool and other CBS affiliates across the country have been hosting similar open casting calls for the show in recent weeks.

Hugh Gossage came dressed as Tarzan-in-a-skirt for his appearance. Or was that a bolt of animal-print fabric from Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts he was wearing?

"I was going to tell 'em I skinned it off a couple of wild animals, but which ones?" said Gossage, a 41-year-old union sheet-metal worker from Anderson.

A production crew of eight took over center stage in the cavernous Hubler Chevrolet showroom for the day. Hubler is a local sponsor of "Survivor." Each aspirant had two minutes to stand in front of a plain paper background and talk to the camera. The finished tapes were to be sent to Hollywood.

Many compared the chances of getting on the show to winning the lottery, but they were undeterred.

One woman said she wanted to be on the show because of the " 'Survivor' diet program." She knew she could lose weight if they'd just put her on the show.

Steve Anderson, a local martial-arts teacher, came dressed in his Captain America gi, or karate costume, that featured the stars and stripes. He announced to the camera that he would set his head on fire, then smash it through a concrete block.

Only he couldn't get the bottle of Ronson lighter fluid open. Ten seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds went by. Finally, a production assistant gave Steve a penknife, which he used to flip up the valve. The camera caught it all.

"I've done that trick for years and never had a problem with it before," Anderson said afterward.

Eventually, he got it done -- he poured the lighter fluid on the concrete block and ignited that, then broke the block with his head.

Scott Hainey, Channel 8's promotions director, said aspirants were not wrong to want to draw attention to themselves.

"If you're looking at 2,000 tapes, are you going to ask, 'Is that the guy in the skirt?' or are you going to ask, 'Is that the guy in the blue shirt?' "

Two people stripped in the first 90 minutes -- one man and one woman -- but neither went all the way. One shouldn't have gone even part of the way.

Gary Van Hart of Noblesville partially stripped for the camera. The automotive-frame repair shop owner explained that this is what they do at all the Harley-Davidson motorcycle rallies he attends.

When asked after his appearance how many times he's taken off his clothes in public, he just said this was the "first time sober."

Bare-naked ladies were on Paul Nobbe's mind. "My wife won't let me read Playboy," the 64-year-old retired banker told the camera in explaining why he wants to go on a remote tropical island for several weeks.

Dwayne Bacon came dressed in a Philadelphia 76ers jumpsuit. "This is me on a normal Tuesday," claimed the 25-year-old film student and North Central High School graduate. "But it is my best jumpsuit."

Joe Milewski came dressed in his Army fatigues. "You're cold, you're tired, you're hurt. If you can overcome that, you can overcome anything," said Milewski, who is classified E-7 in the Army.

Nickole Milewski accompanied her husband to the casting call but did not try out. She was not concerned that he might have to be away on an island for several weeks straight.

"I'm used to it," she said. "He's active duty."

Tom Lowe drove 200 miles from Lexington, Ky., arriving at the car dealership at 8 a.m., which was six hours before taping began. He wanted to make sure he had a spot in line.

His screen test emphasized his rural upbringing, but the governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky might not want to let him back in after his portrayal of life there. "I've dug ditches. I've poured concrete," Lowe said. "I can wipe my ass with a pile of leaves. I can do it."

Benjamin Hicks, a 26-year-old correctional intake officer, said that if he can handle murderers and thieves in the Big House, he could handle anybody on the island. He disavowed any experience as a fisherman, hunter or camper, though.

"Put me on TV, please," he said at the end of his appearance.

Call Star reporter Abe Aamidor at 1-317-444-6472.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Praying for FN members/family health & happiness

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

Re: Survivor Auditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2004, 3:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

"Steve Anderson....announced to the camera that he would set his head on fire, then smash it through a concrete block...only he couldn't get the bottle of Ronson lighter fluid open.... Eventually, he got it done -- he poured the lighter fluid on the concrete block and ignited that, then broke the block with his head."

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:  :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
IP Logged

"Senility Prayer"...God grant me...
The senility to forget the people I never liked
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do
And the eyesight to tell the difference."

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.