Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:55pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Don't let your license plate expire in LA »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Don't let your license plate expire in LA
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Don't let your license plate expire in LA  (Read 1176 times)
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Don't let your license plate expire in LA
« on: Jul 9th, 2002, 5:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Some say it could have been anywhere.  Why do some police over-react and use unjustified force for the incident?  After paying for gasoline and walking back to his father's car a young {sigh should I include the word black} man was ordered to drop his potato chips and put his hands on the car, according to this morning's newspaper the Toronto Star.

It's not clear what happened next but after the boy was handcuffed a bystander then videotaped the officers lifting the handcurred teenager like a rag doll and smashing his head on a car trunk and then punching him in the face.  

What did this person do?  That's the part I can't figure out.  It was his father's car, not his.  There are allegations that there was a provocation by the boy.  But what I can never understand is how the simple act of stopping in a gas station to by fuel can lead to this sort of police brutality.  Apparently the boy is developmentally handicapped.  This is always a problem for police as they do not know this in advance and it makes it difficult for them to assess the situation.

Nonetheless, expired licence plates can bring this?  The boy's throat was bruised and his right eye bloodied.  The police officer suffered a cut on his knee, elbow and ear.
IP Logged
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Don't let your license plate expire in LA
« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 6:57pm »

According to news reports, the boy lunged at one of the officers, and cut him, somehow, from his cheek to his ear.  The officers who responded to the ensuing scuffle over-reacted, though it appeared to be the officer who was cut who was doing most of what was caught on tape.  This wasn't a case of, "Hey!  Let's pull this black kid out of the car and beat the crap out of him!"  I have a cousin who is a State Trooper in NY, and if his fellow officers have to err on one side or the other of the "just enough force" line if he's hurt, I'd prefer that they use too much, rather than not enough.

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Re: Don't let your license plate expire in LA
« Reply #2 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 7:56pm »

The news report I read listed the officer's injuries as I stated them in my earlier post.  I did not dispute that the officer had injuries.  There was no report as to how the officer's injuries were received.  There was no reason I know of why they had to be so aggressive with the boy in the first place and I think it has alot to do with the fact that he was black.  My personal opinion.  Hopefully we will see more of the facts of this case to see what occurred.  I personally don't subscribe to the overreaction them I repeatedly see in the police force.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.