Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:24pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « And now, Under the heading of "Strange News" »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   And now, Under the heading of "Strange News"
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: And now, Under the heading of "Strange News"  (Read 6298 times)
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

And now, Under the heading of "Strange News"
« on: Apr 7th, 2009, 1:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Who said Redneck funerals can't be fun??  

Woman with beer can in hand starts brawl at wake    

Apr. 6th,  4:34 p.m.  

MAGNOLIA, Ark. — Sheriff's deputies said a Texas woman started a brawl at a wake in Arkansas when she arrived with a beer can in her hand. The woman, 52, faces a third-degree domestic battery charges, as does another woman, 46, over the March 29 fight. Deputies said the first woman arrived at the Christies Chapel Church with a beer can in hand and that she refused to leave.

The first woman then allegedly grabbed a man by the face, leaving scratch marks on his lower right cheek and causing him to bleed. The man's mother, then allegedly slapped the woman and kicked another woman in the chest.

A sheriff's report claimed the woman with the beer became "passively aggressive" with deputies and said that "no backwood country cop" was going to take her to jail.

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2009, 1:08am by Bumper » IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: And now, Under the heading of "Strange Ne
« Reply #1 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 1:35am »

Relatives of yours?
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 10:27am »

Nope.  How about yours?
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 4:08pm »

They have nothing on the funeral for my dad's cousin. First wife (Ex) shows up uninvited with her own mother in tow. Sees wife #2 and points at her and screams "what's that *blankityblankblank* doing here?" and it just sort of dominoed into an all out brawl from there.  Ended with 4 guys dragging the Ex wife out the door, with the preacher running behind them and the Ex wife's mom wackin' the preacher over the head with a flipflop.  It was the kind of scene you'd find in a movie...gosh wonder why he divorced her in the first place. Now that's a funeral!  Wink
IP Logged
sportsperson624
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 9:04pm »

on Apr 7th, 2009, 4:08pm, Rhune wrote:
They have nothing on the funeral for my dad's cousin. First wife (Ex) shows up uninvited with her own mother in tow. Sees wife #2 and points at her and screams "what's that *blankityblankblank* doing here?" and it just sort of dominoed into an all out brawl from there.  Ended with 4 guys dragging the Ex wife out the door, with the preacher running behind them and the Ex wife's mom wackin' the preacher over the head with a flipflop.  It was the kind of scene you'd find in a movie...gosh wonder why he divorced her in the first place. Now that's a funeral!  Wink

that's a hardcore wedding.
IP Logged
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 9th, 2009, 9:41am »

Oh geez, that's real serious. But really, was that woman really expecting to get anything out of the dead man's will?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 9th, 2009, 3:21pm »

OMG Rhune! I'm sorry to laugh at something like a funeral, but that's just... odd.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 9th, 2009, 10:13pm »

on Apr 7th, 2009, 1:35am, ExIsle_be_back wrote:
Relatives of yours?

on Apr 7th, 2009, 10:27am, Bumper wrote:

Nope.  How about yours?

Probably mine... Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 23rd, 2009, 8:09pm »

Yeah, it's one of those family history items that will probably keep getting passed down...I have some other doozeys...
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 9th, 2009, 10:56am »

I thought that this thread would be a good place to put this since NO ONE saw this one coming, and he got it for what he MIGHT do instead of what he has done.

OBama is the surprise winner of the Peace Prize.

OSLO (AP) - President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to encourage his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.  

Many observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline and has yet to yield concrete achievements in peacemaking.  

Some around the world objected to the choice of Obama, who still oversees wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and has launched deadly counter-terror strikes in Pakistan and Somalia.  

The Norwegian Nobel Committee countered that it was trying "to promote what he stands for and the positive processes that have started now." It lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease American conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen the U.S. role in combating climate change.  

The peace prize was created partly to encourage ongoing peace efforts but Obama's efforts are at far earlier stages than past winners'. The Nobel committee acknowledged that they may not bear fruit at all.  

"He got the prize because he has been able to change the international climate," Nobel Committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland said. "Some people say, and I understand it, isn't it premature? Too early? Well, I'd say then that it could be too late to respond three years from now. It is now that we have the opportunity to respond - all of us."  

The selection to some extent reflects a trans-Atlantic divergence on Obama. In Europe and much of the world he is lionized for bringing the United States closer to mainstream global thinking on issues like climate change and multilateralism. At home, the picture is more complicated. As president, Obama is often criticized as he attempts to carry out his agenda - drawing fire over a host of issues from government spending to health care to the conduct of the war in Afghanistan.  

U.S. Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele contended that Obama won the prize as a result of his "star power" rather than meaningful accomplishments.  

"The real question Americans are asking is, What has President Obama actually accomplished?" Steele said.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

I am shocked that the Committee didn't consider my own efforts . . . .

. . . . to turn water into wine, spit into silver, and achieve world peace by chanting "I think we can, I think we can".

Yeah, I know . . . I haven't done it yet, . . . but I could. . maybe. . . . .

Hey, it's a good argument . . . it worked for Obama!
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2009, 10:57am by Bumper » IP Logged

Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 9th, 2009, 11:55am »

Perhaps we can share the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize together.  I have been working on world peace as well.  While I haven't tried turning spit into silver, I am currently working on turning crap into gold. (Which I think will be more profitable since there is crap everywhere.)
IP Logged
AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 9th, 2009, 12:18pm »

I haven't started any wars; i dont own any weapons and i dont steal-- i am ecologically friendly... i'm promoting peace where's my prize?
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10th, 2009, 11:48am »

In keeping with the loose and crazy criteria that now seems to be in use by the Nobel Committee . . . . . .  

. . . . I am pleased to announce that I have been nominated for next year's Peace prize for my on-going research.

After years of research, I have discovered how to turn Beer, Wine and Bourbon Whiskey . . . into urine.   :tup:

Hey!  Don't knock it!  Obama did something similar . . . . he turned bullshit and retorect into a Nobel Peace Prize!   :barf:
IP Logged

lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 11th, 2009, 11:44am »

This is why I love Bumper.    Smiley
IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 11th, 2009, 5:34pm »

on Oct 11th, 2009, 11:44am, lakelady wrote:
This is why I love Bumper.    Smiley

Aawww,  thank you darlin',  you're makin' me blush.  

:winkgrin:
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.