Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 12:48am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « That took my son's life »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Fantasy Survivor Games
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   That took my son's life
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: That took my son's life  (Read 368 times)
Carlie
ForumsNet Member
Belgium 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

That took my son's life
« on: Aug 23rd, 2016, 9:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My parents' house. The house had been built decades before, by nike trainers sale people of means, people with much more money than my parents, and thus the architect had included servants' quarters at the back of the house, and these quarters were my bedroom, which I'd filled with baseball cards, record albums, posters, books   all things holy. I'd also covered one wall with my blue ribbons from track, the one thing in my life of which I was unabashedly proud. And so? "Blue Ribbon, " I blurted. "Gentlemen, I represent Blue Ribbon Sports of Portland, Oregon.

"Mr. Miyazaki smiled. The other executives smiled. A murmur went around the table. Blueribbon, blueribbon, blueribbon. The executives folded their hands and fell silent again and resumed staring at me. "Well, " I began again, "gentlemen, the American shoe market is enormous. And largely untapped. If Onitsuka can penetrate that market, if Onitsuka can get its Tigers into American stores, and price them to nike air max 90 undercut Adidas, which most American athletes now wear, it could be a hugely profitable venture. "I was simply quoting my presentation at Stanford, verbatim, speaking lines and numbers I'd spent weeks and weeks researching and memorizing, and this helped to create an illusion of eloquence. I could see that the executives were impressed. But when I reached the end of my pitch there was a prickling silence. Then one man broke the silence, and then another, and now they were all speaking over one another in loud, excited voices. Not to me, but to nike roshe run each other.

It was one year ago that a Houston area man was murdered shortly after buying a pair of limited edition Air Jordan shoes that the killer wanted. On the anniversary of his death, his mother is trying to change the way the company does business. On December 21, 2012, Dazie Williams' son, Joshua Woods, was shot to death on his way home from Willowbrook Mall. He was killed, according to police, for his newly purchased Air Jordan sneakers. "They want these shoes and some kids want them by any means necessary, " she said. One year later, on the anniversary of nike air max thea men Joshua's murder, Nike is releasing another limited edition Air Jordan. "It hurts knowing that tomorrow that same routine will happen that took my son's life, " said Williams.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.