Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 3:57am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Need a cute business name... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Need a cute business name...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need a cute business name...  (Read 4024 times)
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Re: Need a cute business name...
« Reply #60 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

what about Snug Love Kids Company

I could find no matches in the Canadian or US trade-marks databases. Indeed I did not find a single trade-mark with the words snug and love in them.  I will check the UK database and get back to you.  This is a good chance for me to check out the various trademarks offices around the world  I havent done that for a while.

Hugs

Addams
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #61 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:03pm »

Addams,

I have actually thought about using the girls names, but I haven't quite figured out how.  For those that don't know, their names are Gabrielle, Francesca, and Olivia.

Still thinking on snug love kids.  You are a dear looking up all these names on the trademark databases. ((hugs))

IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

« Reply #62 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:07pm »

OK, it just hit me:  "cuddle buddy" or "cuddle buddies" and give each blanket design a name, like the beanie babies.  Perhaps even give one corner of the blanket a head (do you know what I mean?) for example, a dog, with floppy ears....Ok, I think I might be on to something here.  I would defintely buy one  Cool
IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #63 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:21pm »

I looked up "cuddle buddies" on the web and :cough: :cough: there was a link to gay/lesbian toys.  Ooops!  Embarassed  

OK, perhaps "cuddle bunnies" and each blanket is a different bunny head on the corner with a different name?

I still like this idea a lot.
IP Logged

*Go Wings Go*
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:30pm »

on Jul 9th, 2002, 12:21pm, Kramer wrote:
I looked up "cuddle buddies" on the web and :cough: :cough: there was a link to gay/lesbian toys.  Ooops!  Embarassed  

OK, perhaps "cuddle bunnies" and each blanket is a different bunny head on the corner with a different name?

I still like this idea a lot.

Kramer I like this idea too.  In fact I had already thought of it.  Actually I found this web site  http://www.babyemporio.com/ookie/index.html which gave me the idea.  I was thinking of some type of animal instead of a doll.  Wouldn't want to get hit for copyright.  Also, Lillian Vernon sell blankets with puppy dog heads, but they aren't washable.  My daughter has one and that's my grap about it...you can't wash it.  So the object is to design an animal thats washable and doesn't effect someones copyright.  

I do like cuddle bunnies, btw.  

IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:39pm »

crypto, to make the head washable, make it terrycloth or flannel instead of plastic (do you know what I mean?) You can detail it with different types of washable materials, such as line the bunny ears with silk (so the kids can suck their thumbs, and rub their noses with the silk) LOL ...  I can picture this sooo clearly...I want one, put me down for your first one! You can name it "Kramer" lol.

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:40pm by Kramer » IP Logged

*Go Wings Go*
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #66 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:57pm »

Something like this Kramer?

http://www.lillianvernon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?st oreId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=10089&productId=24852&catTree=10088,10089&clearance=0

This is the one my daughter has.  It says it's machine washable, but the tag inside says it can only be hand washed.
 http://www.lillianvernon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?st oreId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=10089&productId=16309&catTree=10088,10089&clearance=0
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 12:59pm »

Just a thought about a "company" name and the names for the "products" of the company.  I know this was addressed earlier on in the thread.  I love cuddle bunnies (too bad about cuddle buddies) but I don't know about using it for the business name if you are going to sell other items.  

I haven't checked out cuddle bunnies yet on the databses but I will when I get a moment.  What I liked about Snug Bug Kids Company is that it made a good company name and not too attached to that one product.
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #68 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 1:10pm »

on Jul 9th, 2002, 12:59pm, addams wrote:
What I liked about Snug Bug Kids Company is that it made a good company name and not too attached to that one product.  

Me too.  Cry  That's what I'm looking for in a name.  Something general, but has a kid feeling to the name.  That way I can add different product lines.

IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #69 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 1:38pm »

on Jul 9th, 2002, 12:57pm, crypto wrote:
Something like this Kramer?

http://www.lillianvernon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?st oreId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=10089&productId=24852&catTree=10088,10089&clearance=0

This is the one my daughter has.  It says it's machine washable, but the tag inside says it can only be hand washed.
 http://www.lillianvernon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?st oreId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&categoryId=10089&productId=16309&catTree=10088,10089&clearance=0

Yes, especially the second example you provided (it even had the satin trim - scarey!)  

But I was actually thinking of more of a blanket size and shape, something that they could actually use for more than a security item.

Well, looks like your doing all the right leg work crypto, I hope it works out for you soon and when you need a guinea pig, keep me in mind, I always have little ones to buy for (lots of neices and nephews and this year I even have a "great" nephew!)
IP Logged

*Go Wings Go*
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 2:26pm »

on Jul 9th, 2002, 1:10pm, crypto wrote:

Me too.  Cry  That's what I'm looking for in a name.  Something general, but has a kid feeling to the name.  That way I can add different product lines.

oh dear  Cry pass the kleenex
IP Logged
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 8:18pm »

You like a kid feeling, and cuddle...have you looked up  
KuddleKids?  Sorry if this has been already discarded,  I didn't have to read back through the thread. Wink
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #72 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 8:57pm »

on Jul 9th, 2002, 8:18pm, Pocket wrote:
You like a kid feeling, and cuddle...have you looked up  
KuddleKids?   Wink
I don't know if it appeared before but I have just looked it up.  Not a favourable report.

In trademarks you can't use marks that look OR Sound the same so with KuddleKids you still have to look up Cuddle Kids.  There is a Cuddle Kids in the USA for dolls and that is likely going to be enough to keep you out but I don't know whether baby blankets fall in the same class.  If they fall in a different class then you are OK.  I don't know the classes off hand because in Canada we don't use a classification system like the USA.

Also, IMHO, out of luck in Canada because of this application

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/1089/trdp108957800e.html

Finally in the USA there is Kuddle Love Kids but it is abandoned and therefore may be available if you are interested in it.  Of course Snug Love Kids also seems to be available - but I am just mentioning it Wink

PS sorry for the red X - I tried to post the screen shot but it is not my area of expertise.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:05pm by Addams » IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: Jul 9th, 2002, 9:46pm »

did you consider The Cheddar Kids Company or Cheddar Kids Company?
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #74 on: Jul 10th, 2002, 8:36am »

Thanks pocket for the suggestion, but I had already looked that one up.  

I like Cheddar kids company, but I'm afraid I will have two children that will get very hurt if I didn't include their name somewhere.  

I'm still thinking.  I'll post some of the names when I get a good list going.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.